Page 201 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 1011511911971981992002012022032042052112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 28555

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    Well, it's against the law to spank 'em, so I guess that leaves 'em with that ol' Taser there... *sigh*
    No sh!t, the authorities (or parents in many cases) can't spank their little asses, yet they can wield a TASER weapon - that has yielded many cases of documented fatal results????

I haven't heard of a kid dropping dead from a blistered a$$.

Something is VERY wrong here.

Now here is what Im looking foward to Saturday...unless that hurricane heads this way. Im also waiting for them to rerun the one where the alien creatures ate peoples heads.

http://www.scifi.com/screamingbrain/

^^^^^ Looks like a goodun' Jim.

Now this the sort of story that makes me wish I was a judge....man would I have fun with this couple and the carnival barker lawyer that is defending them. Its about the finger in the Wendys chile woman and ger dirtbag co-conspirator husband. Remorse? Your used car salesman lawyer says you are filled with remorse? Next Ill hear you are gonna meet Jesus in prison.[the two guaranteed things that happen in prison: You are innocent and have found Jesus]. I hope you have to work in the prison kitchen and get all your fingers chopped off....and you have to cook chili for the rest of your life.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/09/D8CGV9L8A.html

Well I thought it over and maybe I was too harsh above. Maybe this is what I meant to suggest

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...c3/Georgia.jpg
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-09-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Holdouts on Dry Ground Say, 'Why Leave Now?'
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/na...l?pagewanted=2

Some holdouts seem intent on keeping alive the distinct and wild spirit of this city. In the French Quarter, Addie Hall and Zackery Bowen found a unusual way to make sure that police officers regularly patrolled their house. Ms. Hall, 28, a bartender, flashed her breasts at the police vehicles that passed by, ensuring a regular flow of traffic.

Addie Hall and Zackery Bowen prepared dinner in a darkened New Orleans Wednesday night.
    They've stayed at Ms. Hall's French Quarter apartment since Katrina struck and have no plans to evacuate.

Thief steals gps then sells it back to victim.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050908/...E0BHNlYwN0bWE-

[no rolleyes just interesting]

This is fascinating. And a very legit question. But as I read the article it became clear to me what might happen as a result of the Katrina mess. For some folks the change may actually be an incentive. A way to start over and escape the long tradition of poverty[or near poverty] in New Orleans. To this guy...the guy willing to give Utah a shot? And the citizens if Utah that are wulling to be fair about things? I say good. This is how thinga are going to get better. Not by some government regulation.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/0...SPI974148.html

I think you’re on to something jimz and I certainly do hope those people succeed. But one thing that bothers me is the heavy racial/racist basting that seems to be a condition for success. I think they just might be setting up an excuse for failure.

"How do the adults really feel about us moving in?" he asked at Camp Williams, a military base 21 miles south of Salt Lake City housing about 400 refugees from last weeks disaster. "What if I find a Caucasian girl and decide to date her?

"Will I have to deal with whispering behind me and eyeballing me?" asked the 36-year-old black man.
    Geezz if one worries about what people whisper about them behind their back or the way people look at them they have a real problem. The same could be said about a white man who dates black women. It’s a ghetto attitude and a prescription for failure.

"I'm planning a whole new life," said Phillip Johnson II, 23, who has already arranged an apartment in Salt Lake City. "It's an opportunity knocking for me out here."

He said even though the population of New Orleans was two-thirds black, his appearance with dreadlocks and a goatee still worked against him. "In New Orleans, being a young black man, you get harassed a lot, stereotyped a lot," he said.
    If this guy is worried about his dreadlocks and goatee perhaps he should think about a new hairstyle and shaving his goatee. There are all kinds of jobs that appearance often makes the difference. If I were talking about starting a new life changing my appearance wouldn’t be a big problem.

One of the volunteers at the base, Newton Gborway, who moved to Utah from Liberia in West Africa five years ago, shared his first-hand impression of life in an economically prosperous state with a less than one percent black population.

"Don't be shocked and surprised if you meet someone who is mean to you or doesn't want to associate with you because you are black," he told Darisn Evans. "You don't worry about the negative stuff.
    Now that is an attitude for success.

Quote Originally Posted by BullDog
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/na...l?pagewanted=2

Addie Hall and Zackery Bowen prepared dinner in a darkened New Orleans Wednesday night.
    They've stayed at Ms. Hall's French Quarter apartment since Katrina struck and have no plans to evacuate.
    IMO, the ones that want to stay should be allowed to.

^^from tucker"Now that is an attitude for success.:

Agreed. If folks can look at this as a way to redefine themselves and are willing to give it a serious "go" they just may win.
    Maybe...at the same time it will sorta get folks in the towns like in Utah to seriously think about things. Take some steps and realize there may be some attitudel growth potential. Points to the folks that give new folks a chance at serious jobs and truly encourage a community welcome. Its the right thing to do.

I thought everyone in Utah was a Mormon. Aren't they supposed to be the nicest people on the planet or something?
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    IMO, the ones that want to stay should be allowed to.

I have no issue with that, and no one has been forced to leave yet. But with the understanding that the individuals that choose to stay take personal responsibility for this action. All the officials have stated it is not safe to stay in NO, and can not assure their safety.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    I have no issue with that, and no one has been forced to leave yet. But with the understanding that the individuals that choose to stay take personal responsibility for this action. All the officials have stated it is not safe to stay in NO, and can not assure their safety.
    Actually, the mayor of New Orleans has stated mandatory evacuations by force if necessary.

If they force out the remaining stragglers, the lawless will be the last ones out - which leaves much, if not all of what's left for them to prey upon - hence, the reason many don't want to leave their belongings.

Inhospitable environment? Yes certainly.

What would you want to do? I would want to stay with my property.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    Actually, the mayor of New Orleans has stated mandatory evacuations by force if necessary.

If they force out the remaining stragglers, the lawless will be the last ones out - which leaves much, if not all of what's left for them to prey upon - hence, the reason many don't want to leave their belongings.

Inhospitable environment? Yes certainly.

What would you want to do? I would want to stay with my property.
    The Mayor says one thing, the Governor says something else, it's a common theme lately. I still have yet to see anyone forced out. What would I do? I like my property also, but nothing I own is worth my or my loved ones lives.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

If you can declare and enforce a mandatory evacuation, you don't have to worry about who you are arresting... anybody who defies the order would be, by self definition, a criminal.

What they ought to say: "You can stay, but if you get into trouble, we will let you die."

THAT would get their attention... and you should only order a mandatory evacuation if that was the case, IMnsHO.