Page 5 of 1672 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 25078
  1. #61
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684
    Originally posted by Dutchcedar on 12-22-2003 at 04:38 PM
    Steve... you got a side job workin' for Johnny Cochran you haven't told us about?
    Hes halfway to a sucessful law practice....imagination

  2. #62
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    6,916
    I'm just trying to help here guys - shed a little light on this one.

    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  3. #63
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684

  4. #64
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    6,916
    Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 12-22-2003 at 07:58 PM
    Need I say more?

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13303
    Nice "wallet size" of "Moamar" there.
    Last edited by SteveW; 06-27-2004 at 11:14 PM.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  5. #65
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684
    you click it?

  6. #66
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    6,916
    Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 12-22-2003 at 08:05 PM
    you click it?
    Sure did and got this message:

    "Forbidden

    You do not have permission to access the requested file on this server."

    I couldn't resist a pic and possible story about our buddy "Moamar".
    Last edited by SteveW; 06-27-2004 at 11:15 PM.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  7. #67
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Big Sky, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,250
    Not at all the explanation I was expecting but Here it is.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat


  8. #68
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684

  9. #69
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Big Sky, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,250
    Nice story thanks for sharing it, nothing wrong with being humane.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat


  10. #70
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684
    Originally posted by DHutson on 12-28-2003 at 11:28 AM
    Nice story thanks for sharing it, nothing wrong with being humane.
    Agree.....especially when human beings are first. As you no doubt realize...I rolleyes at this one as a general comment on whats important to us as a society.

  11. #71
    Fluff n Stuff's Avatar
    Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    South Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    12,386
    Well.... on the face of it, this looks like another "Pamper the Noble Beast" kind of expenditure... but when you think it through...

    What WOULD the lab do with the chimps? I mean, in order to do a three year study, you need to care for an animal for six decades? How well do you think he'd be cared for after two?!?

    My guess is that the labs are rejoicing at this opportunity to find a decent solution to a REAL problem. I'm not much on the "Animals First" front, not hardly at all. But I'm in favor of this. The only caveat would be what to do with the chimps who are infected with new and more mysterious deseases... and how far they are willing to go to maintain the health of the Chimp population.

    The cost of health care might bring this project to a screeching halt.



  12. #72
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684
    Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff on 12-28-2003 at 12:47 PM
    Well.... on the face of it, this looks like another "Pamper the Noble Beast" kind of expenditure... but when you think it through...

    What WOULD the lab do with the chimps? I mean, in order to do a three year study, you need to care for an animal for six decades? How well do you think he'd be cared for after two?!?

    My guess is that the labs are rejoicing at this opportunity to find a decent solution to a REAL problem. I'm not much on the "Animals First" front, not hardly at all. But I'm in favor of this. The only caveat would be what to do with the chimps who are infected with new and more mysterious deseases... and how far they are willing to go to maintain the health of the Chimp population.

    The cost of health care might bring this project to a screeching halt.
    I agree...once every american has the same lifestyle these chimps will enjoy.

  13. #73
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Big Sky, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,250
    I guess I didn't take it to mean literally all chimps would be saved and given retirement to the chimp haven. I assume that the ones that would be infected or otherwise terminally ill would be euthanised.
    I agree jimz, let's care for the rising number of people suffering the effects of poverty and all forms of illness before we get to carried away with chimp haven.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat


  14. #74
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,684
    Originally posted by DHutson on 12-28-2003 at 01:08 PM
    I guess I didn't take it to mean literally all chimps would be saved and given retirement to the chimp haven. I assume that the ones that would be infected or otherwise terminally ill would be euthanised.
    I agree jimz, let's care for the rising number of people suffering the effects of poverty and all forms of illness before we get to carried away with chimp haven.
    Yup...and I realize its a value judgement on my part.
    That said? I also have a hard time with what some athletes are paid.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-28-2003 at 01:16 PM.

  15. #75
    Joined
    May 2000
    Location
    /home/christop54
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,430
    Is the Lord of the Rings racist?

    "The deep thinkers at Indymedia have come to the conclusion that the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy paints a "racist stereotypical tapestry" that does a disservice to young viewers everywhere."

    The Racist Tapestry of Lord of the Rings ! (Scroll down this page to see some comments people made regarding this "article".)

    "I don't imagine that it was the intention of the director or the producers of the Lord of the Rings films to paint a racist stereotypical tapestry over what could be described as a basic set of principles of humanity's behavior in the natural environment and with each other."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've only seen the first two movies in the trilogy, but I didn't see anything I would consider racist. Some people need to get a life.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •