Page 534 of 1671 FirstFirst ... 3443448452453053153253353453553653753854458463410341534 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 25058

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Well thats good. Looks like they found the Jack The Ripper guy in England.
    He works at some supermarket.

"Will that be paper or plastic lady...and can I follow you home and cut you into pieces?"

Weirdo.

Indian athlete fails gender test

Soundararajan cleared a gender test last year

A top Indian woman athlete who won a silver medal at a recent regional championship has failed a gender test, officials say.
    Santhi Soundararajan, who took the silver in the women's 800m race at the Asian Games in Doha, is likely to be stripped of her award, reports say.
    Soundararajan, 25, was declared the best athlete at an Indian championship in the capital, Delhi, this year.
    In 1999, a woman in an Indian state football team failed a gender test.
    Not mandatory
    "Santhi was subjected to a gender test in Doha and we have received the report which says she failed the test," said Manmohan Singh, chairman of the Indian Olympic Association's Medical Commission.
    Soundararajan is refusing to comment. "I was not informed about the test results and I don't know much on that. I do not want to talk about it," she told journalists.
    The test is not mandatory, but carried out if officials want it or a rival team protests, reports say.
    KP Mohan, a sports journalist, said athletes are usually examined by a team of doctors, including a gynaecologist, endocrinologist and psychologist, and put through physical and clinical examinations during a gender test.

The test was done soon after Soundararajan came second in the women's 800m race on 9 December.
    Reports say the athlete cleared the gender test at the Asian track and field championship in South Korea last year where she won the silver medal in the 800m. It is not clear how she failed the test at the Asian Games in Doha. This is the second controversy to hit Indian athletes within a month - female shot putter Seema Antil was withdrawn from the Asian Games after she failed a pre-competition dope test.

^^^ Doesn't jimz enterprises have a home version of the gender tester?

Well we should. What puzzles me is exactly how one "fails" a gender test.

^^^ Good question.

Hillary needs to take one, those fat ankles are suspicious.

Terror Cell Discovered Aboard Saudi Aircraft

Mass mouse escape on Saudi plane

Mice: Not known as frequent flyers en masse

More than 100 passengers on a Saudi plane were left panic-stricken by the unexpected appearance of furry fellow flyers - dozens of mice.
    The small rodents - about 80 in total, according to a local newspaper - escaped from the bag of a man travelling on the domestic flight.
    An airline official said the aircraft was at 28,000 feet (8,500m) when mice began scurrying around the cabin.
    Some of the mice fell on passengers' heads, Al-Hayat newspaper reports.
    The incident occurred on a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight from the capital, Riyadh, to north-eastern town of Tabuk. The flight landed safely and the bag's owner was detained by police investigating how he managed to get the mice onto the plane. No explanation was given for the man's live cargo.

-------------------

http://arewelumberjacks.blogspot.com...n-of-year.html
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-18-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Newt, en fuego on Meet the Press
    12/18 10:19 AM
    I read this sort of thing from Newt Gingrich during his appearance on Meet the Press, and I take it back - I don't want him moderating the debates in the GOP Presidential Primary; I want him running, if for no other reason to hear all the other Republican contenders say, "Uh, yeah, what Newt said." Some highlights...

On the cost of leaving Iraq in chaos:
    The challenge I have for all of our good friends who are honest, well-meaning people, who say, “Well, we can afford to run, we can afford to leave, we can afford this,” describe the cost of, of defeat. In 1979 under Jimmy Carter, America was seen as weak; there were hostages held in Iran against all international law, there was an American Embassy under siege in Pakistan, there was an American ambassador killed in, in, in Afghanistan. If we summarily get beaten in Iraq, and what’s what we’re talking about, if we are defeated in Iraq, there are not enough Marine elements in the world to evacuate the embassies that’ll come under siege.
    On the effectiveness of our government:
    The second difference was it became startlingly clear that all of our civilian instruments of power are absolutely broken. I mean, I cannot overstate this. They are absolutely broken. They cannot function. And the Agency for International Development is an absurdity. The State Department is totally unprepared for this kind of war. And, and I’m not—these are not negatives. I think you need a 50 percent bigger State Department with a dramatic investment in information technology, with an entire new training program. So I’m not picking on the current State Department. I’m saying by any objective standard, none of our civilian instruments work. And this is a huge national problem. It’s not a Bush problem. This is an American problem.

-------------------------

From Saturday Night Live: "Barack Obama was in New Hampshire Sunday. When informed of this, President Bush excitedly asked, 'Did we catch him?'"
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-18-2006 at 11:31 AM.

^^^ I like Newt too but unfortunately all the politicians and the country are to busy moving left.

"The Dream Is Over"

Sorry but its the best aka title that I think fits.
    [from the folks at nro]

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/25646/index.html

Slippery Slope at Food Co-op

Liberals who got robbed.
    • By Hope Reeves
    Last month, the Brooklyn Papers ran an exposť of sorts under the headline HAS SLOPE FOOD CO-OP'S LEFTY ETHOS LED TO CRIME? The muckraking piece quoted unnamed members as saying that those who appear to be outsiders (which some read to mean poor blacks) are not being carded at the door because the co-op’s members (which some read to mean privileged whites) are afraid of looking racist, resulting in purse-nabbings. One anonymous member was quoted as saying that the organization had dropped its bag-search policy after being accused of racial profiling and now might as well wear “a big rob us sign” on its back. Letter writers quickly lashed out, defending the store (“We’re not pushovers … we do prosecute thieves!”) and attacking the story (“Both racist and insulting”). But in the end, Joe Holtz, the co-op’s general manager, seems most offended by being dubbed a namby-pamby liberal. “Lefty ethos did not lead to these crimes,” he said. “People feeling comfortable enough to leave their purses inside their carts while they went back to aisle three to pick up the can of tuna fish they forgot led to these crimes.” Plus the co-op’s installed video-surveillance cameras that recently helped the police arrest one offender (who was not a member).

heres the joint:

About the Coop

The Park Slope Food Coop, located in the heart of the Park Slope section of Brooklyn, New York, was founded in 1973 by a small group of committed neighbors who wanted to make healthy, affordable food available to everyone who wanted it. PSFC has more than 12,000 members, most of whom work once every four weeks in exchange for a 20 – 40% savings on groceries. Only members may shop at the PSFC, and membership is open to all.

The Coop carries a wide variety of products, including local, organic and conventionally grown produce; pasture-raised and grass-fed meat; free-range, organic and kosher poultry; fair-traded chocolate and coffee; wild and sustainably farmed fish; supplements and vitamins; imported and artisan cheese; freshly baked bread; bulk grains and spices; environmentally safe cleaning supplies, and much more. All of this, plus a large selection of standard supermarket items, makes the Coop a one-stop shopping destination. Sales are brisk at the PSFC and our inventory is replenished more than once every week, ensuring that the products we sell are as fresh as possible.

As a member of the Coop you share ownership of the Coop with 12,000+ fellow Coop members. You have a voice in the decision-making process and can participate in planning and discussions of the organization's future. Work, shop, learn, participate – be a part of a unique and rewarding community here in Brooklyn.

Would you like to know where your fruits and vegetables come from and how they are grown?

Would you like to buy nutritious food for much less than you're spending now?

Would you like access to foods from all over the world?

How would you like cooking classes where you can learn how to prepare these foods?

Would you like to learn about and participate in the growth and direction of this dynamic organization?

As a member of the Park Slope Food Coop, you'll be able to do all this and more.

You can even get robbed because its not delicate to say "that brother just ran off with my money"

[slight edit by jimz]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-18-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Just reading about all the people in Indiana that the OLIVE GARDEN tried to kill. They really didnt try and kill them but I like that story line better.
    They had this:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/...odhandlers.htm

So? Smart man stays in his Las Vegas penthouse and uses kleenex when human contact becomes needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Well we should. What puzzles me is exactly how one "fails" a gender test.
    I think it's because of when "She" disrobed for the exam, her nuts and wanker fell out of the loose fitting medical gown..........
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Sheesh. Another skeleton comes flying out of the closet

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/18/nop...ing/index.html

Well if ABC says so? It must be so.
    Their lead story "Lost Climber Died In A State of Bliss"

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2736043&page=1

State of bliss by butt. I understand the mechanics of freezing to
    death...the confusion etc...but bliss is a stretch.

Brother. What a way to go.
    Can you imagine? Of all places for a plane to crash?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGU8N26CP4.DTL

Evidently these guys were Japanese guys learning to fly. Some lesson.