Page 6 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Christop54 on 12-29-2003 at 06:56 PM
    Is the Lord of the Rings racist?

"The deep thinkers at Indymedia have come to the conclusion that the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy paints a "racist stereotypical tapestry" that does a disservice to young viewers everywhere."

The Racist Tapestry of Lord of the Rings ! (Scroll down this page to see some comments people made regarding this "article".)

"I don't imagine that it was the intention of the director or the producers of the Lord of the Rings films to paint a racist stereotypical tapestry over what could be described as a basic set of principles of humanity's behavior in the natural environment and with each other."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've only seen the first two movies in the trilogy, but I didn't see anything I would consider racist. Some people need to get a life.
    Thank you!! The more The better

Pretty friggin' sad. In todays world the MEDIA itself (as you alluded to) plays a major part in perpetuating racism.

Just pick up ANY newspaper and look at crimes commited and the articles.

It's always a (race/color) blah blah blah, did blah blah blah to blah blah blah (race/color).

Or, it this a$$hole (picture) did "ump de ump" to him/her/them/it and he/she/they were (color/race).

Many times they are sly about it - mention the race of one individual and insert a picture of the other.

I finally woke up to this some years back - after a career change into the defense industry about 15 years ago.

I noticed how the papers treated my employer with dirt and never the good stuff. When in doubt, headlines slander our company then when we are vindicated that NEVER makes print or TV news. We are simply the "EVil Defense Contractor" the mercilessly and purposefully "Rips off the Taxpayers".

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

A bunch of bull$h!t.

Eventually, I noticed how they (media) slant EVERYTHING with particular emphasis to race/color/ethnicity.

It sickens me.

I haven't taken a subscription to a newspaper in nearly 15 years and will NEVER do to again.

Back to Lord of the Rings - I guess the elephants look like elephants and the people look like people.

I wonder what it would look like if it were animated on a different continent?????

"Eventually, I noticed how they (media) slant EVERYTHING with particular emphasis to race/color/ethnicity.

It sickens me.

I haven't taken a subscription to a newspaper in nearly 15 years and will NEVER do to again."

Exactly why [and Ive caught some hell] I did this thread.
    My stupid way of jabbin at the press.

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 12-29-2003 at 06:16 PM Exactly why [and Ive caught some hell] I did this thread.
    In which case, you must consider the source.....

Those that pioneer and lead ALWAYS catch the most criticsm.

Ultimately, it just takes ball$.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    That is pathetic... the Lord of the Rings article, that is. My favorite response is by the guy who pointed out:
    Saruman the White" was the epitome of evil but that didn't play into your theory
    Hahahahahahah.... really, these guys should be in National Lampoon, except they are taking real issues and dragging them through muck. In the end, the real problems will not get addressed because of the negative reaction to junk like that article 'nStuff.

The Racist Tapestry of Lord of the Rings !
    Which brings me to my next point kids;

DON'T DO CRACK...

unless something seriously drastic changes in the finale, I missed the "racist tapestry" in fellowship of the ring and two towers..
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

Originally posted by Fluff n Stuff on 12-29-2003 at 11:48 PM
    That is pathetic... the Lord of the Rings article, that is. My favorite response is by the guy who pointed out:

Hahahahahahah.... really, these guys should be in National Lampoon, except they are taking real issues and dragging them through muck. In the end, the real problems will not get addressed because of the negative reaction to junk like that article 'nStuff.
    Agree with Fluff on that point. Its like an "engineered" reaction.....based on the desire to hint at a sensitivity that doesnt exist.

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 12-30-2003 at 07:38 AM
    Agree with Fluff on that point. Its like an "engineered" reaction.....based on the desire to hint at a sensitivity that doesnt exist.
    I don't think it's main thrust is to point out "Sensitivity" either real or imagined - yes, the cries of sensitivity are made - IMO, they are in a very slick way pointing to "Insensitivity" on the side of the makers of the movie and certain viewers in general.

They are alluding to a great and orchestrated "Insensitivity"....... using the "Poor them" facade - but with the underlying "Oh no, look at what we've done again" - "We should be ashamed" mentality.

Look what we're doing to "Them". Look how we portray "Them". What insensitive monsters we (society of the movie makers) are.

Not at Rehnquist...but the PROTECT act

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...1-104741-6525r

Id say those marks are from the shovel this idiot is using to dig his own grave.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2902,00.html

Another one....jeez....lets just "convince" them some more...maybe this can be broadcast.......

http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?o...B9ADE5FBDA6ADF

That is the one inescapable consequence of further violence.

It erodes support for the perpetrators and their "Cause".

Fortunately for us all, by using their bloody tactics, they are their own worst enemy.

That is an indesputable and inescapable truth in all of this insanity.

Extremist and fanatical views will be the undoing of Al Quaeda - the pressure the US (and our supporters) is exerting upon them, in the end, will simply be the catlyst.

Yassar Arafat is a fine example - how long can one hide that fact they condone terrorism????

Originally posted by SteveW on 01-01-2004 at 01:44 PM
    That is the one inescapable consequence of further violence.

It erodes support for the perpetrators and their "Cause".

Fortunately for us all, by using their bloody tactics, they are their own worst enemy.

That is an indesputable and inescapable truth in all of this insanity.

Extremist and fanatical views will be the undoing of Al Quaeda - the pressure the US (and our supporters) is exerting upon them, in the end, will simply be the catlyst.

Yassar Arafat is a fine example - how long can one hide that fact they condone terrorism????
    Agree

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 12-28-2003 at 11:53 AM
    I agree...once every american has the same lifestyle these chimps will enjoy.
    Chimps never had the opportunity humans do to destroy their life with drugs, squander all their money away, begin a life of crime, become alchoholics, get addicted to gambling, etc. For the most part putting together at least a lower middle-class life in america (still10x richer than the upperclass in many countries) is EASY. Many of the people you wanna help are in their position because of choices they made, no other reason. Giving these people handouts isn't gonna help anything.