Page 7 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 01-01-2004 at 03:06 PM
    Amazing:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN/6,670,934
    Are you finally "Loosing it'????

Originally posted by SteveW on 01-01-2004 at 05:04 PM
    Are you finally "Loosing it'????
    Hardly....look the name is on the Patent.......[Assignee]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-01-2004 at 07:23 PM.

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 01-01-2004 at 05:20 PM
    Hardly....look the name is on the Patent.......[Assignee]
    Ahhh - Villhelm G. himself.

Originally posted by SteveW on 01-01-2004 at 06:51 PM
    Ahhh - Villhelm G. himself.
    The master himself....it just gave me pause

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Originally posted by SteveW on 01-01-2004 at 10:44 AM
    Extremist and fanatical views will be the undoing of Al Quaeda - the pressure the US (and our supporters) is exerting upon them, in the end, will simply be the catlyst.

Yassar Arafat is a fine example - how long can one hide that fact they condone terrorism????
    Hmm. Maybe you didn't say what you wanted to correctly... but in my view, extremist views are not a problem. Fanatical views are not a problem. The decision to use terrorism to further the goals of those with those particular extremist or fanatical views... THAT is the problem.

If Al Queda only hurt Americans, thier violence might be applauded, even by some Americans... but the fact that they are killing and hurting more Iraqis than they are killing or hurting Coalition troops is damning... and it indeed may lead to their undoing.

But their views... nah.

The violence is spawned from their views - the violence is not just aimed at the US - it's worldwide and seems to be on the increase.

This will ultimately lead to their demise.

Lord of the Rings is racist.

How is it not racist. The North Indians/Middle Easterners come in on the side of Sauron riding Elephonts. All the good guys are white. Not one minority. The crowning moment was Aragorn saying "Men of the West unite!!!" or some BS along those lines. Yea its not racist if you're white I could go into a whole dissertation on the exaggeration of the eagles, but that is for another time. I can tell you given the history of THIS world, it would be the other way around.
    Last edited by Nikilo; 01-02-2004 at 02:55 AM.

Not to mention the implications of Moby D I C K.....should have been the great "grey" whale

Re: Lord of the Rings is racist.

Originally posted by Nikilo on 01-02-2004 at 01:52 AM
    How is it not racist. The North Indians/Middle Easterners come in on the side of Sauron riding Elephonts. All the good guys are white. Not one minority. The crowning moment was Aragorn saying "Men of the West unite!!!" or some BS along those lines. Yea its not racist if you're white I could go into a whole dissertation on the exaggeration of the eagles, but that is for another time. I can tell you given the history of THIS world, it would be the other way around.
    Mountains out of mole hills my friend. You can find any reason you want to justify your claims. But it's ridiculous to do so.

Re: Re: Lord of the Rings is racist.

Originally posted by Vihsadas on 01-02-2004 at 07:04 AM
    Mountains out of mole hills my friend. You can find any reason you want to justify your claims. But it's ridiculous to do so.
    It is not ridiculous. The men of the East clearly look like Middle-Easterners and ride elephants. They even have turbans. Tolkien and the director could have picked anything else, I mean its fantasy be creative for gods sake. I remember when Asians complained about the Trade Federation aliens SOUNDING Chinese, no one complained about that. These people LOOK like Middle-Easterners, therefore legitimate complaint. No soup for you.

Originally posted by jimzinsocal on 01-02-2004 at 12:59 AM

Not to mention the implications of Moby D I C K.....should have been the great "grey" whale

Awesome!!!!

Originally posted by SteveW on 01-02-2004 at 07:23 AM

Awesome!!!!
    Or not. ROFL!!!@@!@!

Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Rings is racist.

Originally posted by Nikilo on 01-02-2004 at 02:12 AM
    It is not ridiculous. The men of the East clearly look like Middle-Easterners and ride elephants. They even have turbans. Tolkien and the director could have picked anything else, I mean its fantasy be creative for gods sake. I remember when Asians complained about the Trade Federation aliens SOUNDING Chinese, no one complained about that. These people LOOK like Middle-Easterners, therefore legitimate complaint. No soup for you.
    I don't know where you live, but indigenous people are different colors. They are brown and middle eastern because they are from the east. There just a different race. Let's see...if they evil people were white, I guess then it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't be rascist then, would it? These arguments are a waste of brainpower. You further the separation of race by even bringing up this nonsense. In a non-racist world, people would watch the movie, and not even give a second thought to the fact that the "Evil people" are a different color. Good job promoting exatly what it is you are trying to fight. What you resist persists.

And yeah, we did "" at the people who complained that the trade federation sounded chinese. It's nonsense. I guess it matters not that Mace Windu is Black. That doesn't count for anything I suppose.

Geez. The irony here is that you don't see you are furthering the separation of race you claim to be fighting.

Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Rings is racist.

Originally posted by Nikilo on 01-02-2004 at 01:12 AM
    Is there even a single day in your life that isn't a miserable thing?

Can you fathom awakening into this world some fine day with NOTHING to whine about?

I can't imagine what it must be like to look around and have the perception so focused on the negative as to find nothing but fault in such overwhelming abundance.

Have you ever considered it might be ok to just lighten up sometime?
    Last edited by SteveW; 01-02-2004 at 03:45 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Rings is racist.

Originally posted by Vihsadas on 01-02-2004 at 07:39 AM
    I don't know where you live, but indigenous people are different colors. They are brown and middle eastern because they are from the east. There just a different race. Let's see...if they evil people were white, I guess then it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't be rascist then, would it? These arguments are a waste of brainpower. You further the separation of race by even bringing up this nonsense. In a non-racist world, people would watch the movie, and not even give a second thought to the fact that the "Evil people" are a different color. Good job promoting exatly what it is you are trying to fight. What you resist persists.

And yeah, we did "" at the people who complained that the trade federation sounded chinese. It's nonsense. I guess it matters not that Mace Windu is Black. That doesn't count for anything I suppose.

Geez. The irony here is that you don't see you are furthering the separation of race you claim to be fighting.
    They are just a fantasy race that corresponds with an actual race, and has the same skin color and clothing as an actual race, rides elephants and is portrayed as evil in the movie? Too many coincidences there.

In response to claims that I'm racist: in that sense anyone who complains about racism is furthering racism. That is incorrect, racism must be pointed out in order to correct it.