Page 901 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 401801851891897898899900901902903904905911951100114011901 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 28555

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ...All I can say about government is that our local politicians are by and large liars, idiots and frauds and higher up one goes, the worse it gets - all the way to the top - regardless of affliliations.
    Heh, I was gonna say, I don't think Tarrant County is exactly packed full of liberals.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Heh, I was gonna say, I don't think Tarrant County is exactly packed full of liberals.
    No, probably not.

But we have our share of lying idiots in office!!!

It's packed full of bullshitartists in office.

Guys, I won't even start about our 0.5% sales tax increase we vote for every 3 years.

Money that's supposed to put more uniformed police officers on the street - to combat gangs and crap.

Turns out the money was getting spent on other things and the police force got budget cuts - less cops out on the street and crime started rising again.

Liars.

Honestly, it's Taxation without Representation.

I get so pissedoff discussing government and taxes I start taking shots at you guys.

My apology.

Bah. We all do it at one time or another. We all have hot button issues that can make us nuts....and seemingly unreasonable.
    Why I invented Rolleyes.
    I get to keep my occasional mania more or less shared with probably the most understanding of the entire group here

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Bah. We all do it at one time or another. We all have hot button issues that can make us nuts....and seemingly unreasonable.
    Why I invented Rolleyes.
    I get to keep my occasional mania more or less shared with probably the most understanding of the entire group here
    Yeah I know and thanks.

But, still being able to reel onself in and send out the necessary sorry 'bout that's is a good thing.

I took a coule of cheap shots at Orang and TGM in my fury. WTF.

We are getting screwed - however, playing a distant catch-up to California or did I say Liberalfornia?

Anyway, on the topic of politicians - they are all turds that must be kept in check - Liberal or Conservative alike.

Same here - I try and keep my raging limited to the understanding few in TLR.

GD politicians pissmeoff.

In USAF basic training way back in 1972, my TI told us that "The lowest piece of $hit on the face of the earth was a politician". I didn't know the ultimate truth to that back then - but, I do now.

He also stated that war is a military solution to a political failure. And, if we (the entire world) sent the politicians first into war, there would be no more wars.

That is truth.
    Last edited by SteveW; 12-09-2007 at 08:37 PM.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Experts worry Santa sends wrong body message to children
    Jeez, thanks for letting me know. I'm sure if we make Santa thin it will cause our future generations to be thinner. I'm sure Santa is likely a big issue in this that we must address...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_nVidia View Post
    Jeez, thanks for letting me know. I'm sure if we make Santa thin it will cause our future generations to be thinner. I'm sure Santa is likely a big issue in this that we must address...
    All kids wanna grow up to be Mr. or Mrs. Claus, right?

Some things are getting ridiculous these days.

I'm pretty sure if kids are getting fat in their youth, it's not really Mr. Claus' fault

Some funny stuff

New Secret CIA Estimate on Iranian Ducks [Michael Ledeen]

This is one of the very best treatments of the recent humor from the Intelligence Community. Bill Katz, writing over at Powerline, gets it just right, as he does so often and so well:

Dear Mr. President,
    We are honored to present you with the latest National Intelligence Estimate, dealing with the satellite sighting referred to in our previous Intelligence Memo (IM) #3267.
    Respectfully,
    (redacted)
    NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE ESTIMATE #765 – EYES ONLY
    This NIE reflects the consensus of 16 intelligence agencies, although we can't remember the names of all of them.
    Please note the following definitions used in this report:
    SLAM-DUNK CONFIDENCE – We have at least two facts to back up the opinions we already had.
    SO-SO CONFIDENCE – We have only one fact, or an almost-fact, to back up our opinions, but if we're wrong we can say we had only so-so confidence, so it's good cover.
    ITSY BITSY CONFIDENCE – We don't know anything about it, but we know what we want to push you to do.

OVERALL SUBJECT:
    On 1 April, 2007, 1541 hours local time, an animate object was observed by satellite as it moved slowly through an area near the Iranian nuclear enrichment plant at Natanz. It looked like a duck, walked like a duck, ate like a duck, and, as revealed by enhanced sound surveillance (ESS), quacked like a duck.
    KEY JUDGMENTS:
    We judge with SLAM-DUNK CONFIDENCE that it's not a duck.
    We assess with SLAM-DUNK CONFIDENCE that Iran suspended the breeding of ducks in 2003, in response to a complaint by a grandma that ducks were mussing her flowers.
    We judge that this demonstrates that Iran is pragmatic, and sensitive to pressure from national and international interests. We assess with SO-SO CONFIDENCE that Iran did a cost-benefit analysis before suspending duck breeding, and determined that the presence and utility of ducks did not outweigh the concerns of grandmas.

Keep reading this post . . .
    12/10 11:15 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Yeah I know and thanks.

But, still being able to reel onself in and send out the necessary sorry 'bout that's is a good thing.

I took a coule of cheap shots at Orang and TGM in my fury. WTF.

We are getting screwed - however, playing a distant catch-up to California or did I say Liberalfornia?

Anyway, on the topic of politicians - they are all turds that must be kept in check - Liberal or Conservative alike.

Same here - I try and keep my raging limited to the understanding few in TLR.

GD politicians pissmeoff.

In USAF basic training way back in 1972, my TI told us that "The lowest piece of $hit on the face of the earth was a politician". I didn't know the ultimate truth to that back then - but, I do now.

He also stated that war is a military solution to a political failure. And, if we (the entire world) sent the politicians first into war, there would be no more wars.

That is truth.
    Of course about an apology.
    I didnt mean to sound like I was glossing over what you were saying.

Ive apologized plenty around here over the years about
    things that have nothing to do with forum rules...but rather
    my own self imposed thoughts around proper conduct.
    So I understand what you were getting at.

[David Post, December 10, 2007 at 12:01pm] Trackbacks
    Waterboarding Briefing: So the Washington Post reported yesterday that the CIA briefed a "bipartisan group" of senior Congressional officials -- including Democratic Party leaders Nancy Pelosi and Jane Harmon -- about the use of "waterboarding" and other aggressive interrogation techniques back in 2002, and that at the time no objections were raised. I'm a little surprised this hasn't gotten more attention than it has. It doesn't excuse the practice, for sure -- but it does make the more recent protestations and shock expressed by Congressional leaders about the matter ring a little bit hollow.

4 Comments

^^^Yupper... Nanners and many of her congressional cohorts have known for years. Not only have they known... they did not give a hoot. Which would be fine by me had they not gotten all wobbly legged about it of late. I say whatever it takes.... waterboarding works.. period. Keep using it.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper