Page 938 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 43883888892893493593693793893994094194294898810381438 ... LastLast
Results 14,056 to 14,070 of 24795

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080104/...Yn7C.b9k5B5494

Saturday's prime-time presidential debates from New Hampshire will be less crowded because ABC News is excluding GOP candidate Duncan Hunter and Democrats Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel.
    No more Dennis? But he's the comic relief of the Democratic Party! He even has funny ears!

Kucinich describes his stance on the issues as mainstream.[51] "My politics are center for the Democratic party," he said in an interview before an AFL-CIO sponsored debate.

And this guy was saying Bush had a mental illness?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Or even a bad IDE drive, or Optical drive can hose things royally.
    The responses the guy got. I wouldnt have leaped to those conclusions yet.

RE: Computer Bleg [Mark Hemingway]

I am astonished at the response I got to my little problem— over a hundred emails from hobbyists to people at M.I.T. Nearly every email was helpful. Unfortunately, I can't thank everyone personally (I tried, though) but for everyone who emailed in to help, I am extremely appreciative. I'll try a few things, but consensus seems to be it's a bad motherboard controller, which is not cheap to fix. C'est la vie...
    01/04 04:05 PM

^^^ Didn't I just read that the Democrats are supposedly more "centered" than the Republicans? If so and Kucinich is the center of the Democrat party, that explains it... the center is somewhere on the left side of New York Times... smack dab in the middle of the KosKid Kindergarten Klass.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    The responses the guy got. I wouldnt have leaped to those conclusions yet.

RE: Computer Bleg [Mark Hemingway]

I am astonished at the response I got to my little problem— over a hundred emails from hobbyists to people at M.I.T. Nearly every email was helpful. Unfortunately, I can't thank everyone personally (I tried, though) but for everyone who emailed in to help, I am extremely appreciative. I'll try a few things, but consensus seems to be it's a bad motherboard controller, which is not cheap to fix. C'est la vie...
    01/04 04:05 PM
    Exactly, not without changing drives and cables first and possibly checking power supply.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Ill tell you. All or most of those political type sites?
    I wish we had just a small cheap ad there that would drive readers here....
    for technical stuff.
    I cant imagine the money some guys must piss away on wrong or unneeded repairs.

I miss the days (an expression because I wasn't born at the time) of when how a President reacted to a Rabbit was an important issue:

"Upon closer inspection, the animal turned out to be a rabbit. Not one of your cutesy, Easter Bunny-type rabbits, but one of those big splay-footed things that we called swamp rabbits when I was growing up.
    The animal was clearly in distress, or perhaps berserk. The President confessed to having had limited experience with enraged rabbits. He was unable to reach a definite conclusion about its state of mind. What was obvious, however, was that this large, wet animal, making strange hissing noises and gnashing its teeth, was intent upon climbing into the Presidential boat."

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

"This is especially about all of the young people in New Hampshire who need a president who won't just call for change, or a president who won't just demand change, but a president who will produce change, just like I've been doing for 35 years."
    ...and in the next breath, she's telling you how effective she has been.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...d-yahoo-nation

And he (Obama) did so because, after spending months getting to know him, the people of Iowa stopped seeing his color and began to admire his character
    I'm sorry, in what poll did it show that Iowa didn't initially support this less-than-one-term-senator-with-little-conventional-foreign-policy-experience because he was black?

Oh wait what am I thinking? They're not all liberals so they must hate blacks.

I dislike Yahoo questions (especially anything where the correct answer is determined by the asker) but this one takes the cake.

If stars are hundreds of light years away, then how do we know they're still there?
    The star could have died before it's light reached Earth. What if all we're seeing is just an image, a light, of the star, and not the real thing? If it takes hundreds of years for light, (which moves really quickly- it's how long it takes for you to "see" something, like an apple or a computer, right?)

And when we do watch a star die, are we really watching it die hundreds of light years after it's REAL death?

Or is it all just relative to the lifespan of the star?
    Short answer, WE DON'T KNOW IT'S STILL THERE.

Apparently, someone felt the need to prattle on

That's exactly right. In fact, the light from our own Sun is 8 minutes old, so if the Sun blinked out seven minutes ago, we won't find out for another minute! The same is true for light that bounces off of your best friend and hits your eye. If your friend had disappeared a fraction of a second before the light hit your eye, you wouldn't know it. Well, that's only a fraction of a second, but you see the point. Astronomers can judge from the age of a star--where it is in it's life span, as you suggest--what the liklihood is that it is still there. But we can't know for sure. It is a safe hypothesis that a young star that is only 100 light years away is still there because 100 years is nothing compared to the lifespan of a star.

The useful thing about looking out into space at stars that are even 10 billion years old is that it is like looking back in time. Think about that. If we look at all galaxies that are 5 billion light years away, then what we are really doing is looking at the Universe as it was 5 billion years ago!

So, rather than "really watching it die", I would say that we are really watching the Universe be born. This is the reason that astronomers get excited each time they are able to see further and further into space. They are looking back further and further in time. This helps scientists better understand our Universe.

Although the lifespan of stars is part of it, looking so far away--and so far back in time--is more closely related to the lifespan of the Universe. I always think it's cool every time I realize that we can look back in time...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...arch&plindex=9

What bugs me about the issue is the hypocrisy, essentially:

You shouldn't care about whether or not we're gonna say Merry Christmas. We, however, do care and are not gonna let our employees say Merry Christmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frivolous

In Washington v. Alaimo[2] the court listed more than seventy five frivolous "motions" (a request for a court to issue an order), all of which required the attention of the Court, that included:

* "Motion to Kiss My Ass"
    * "Motion to Behoove an Inquisition"
    * "Motion for Judex Delegatus"
    * "Motion for Restoration of Sanity"
    * "Motion for Deinstitutionalization"
    * "Motion for Publicity"
    * "Motion to Vacate Jurisdiction"
    * "Motion for Cesset pro Cessus"
    * "Motion for Nunc pro Tunc"
    * "Motion for Psychoanalysis"
    * "Motion to Impeach Judge Alaimo"
    * "Motion to Renounce Citizenship"
    * "Motion to Exhume Body of Alex Hodgson"
    * "Motion to Invoke and Execute Rule 15--Retroactive Note: The Court's School Days are Over"
    * "Motion for Skin Change Operation"
    * "Motion for Catered Food Services"

Roll the Twilight Zone theme Cobra. We got a live one over here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph...l_b_79751.html

Most kids outgrow the notion there is really a monster under the bed or some creature
    in the closet....but some dont...I guess.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 01-05-2008 at 12:34 PM.

I wasn't aware Obama had made Blackwater a central part of his campaign, nor was I aware assassinating him would allow Blackwater to continue.