Page 951 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 451851901941947948949950951952953954955961100110511451 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 28555

Re: Rolleyes News of The Day

Right out of a Chevy Chase film..

http://www.oregonlive.com/washington...shes_rv_t.html

But what are you supposed to do? Stop driving?

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    But does it crunch BOINC well?

BTW, Crude Oil closed below $92/bbl today. Headline material? Nahhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    BTW, Crude Oil closed below $92/bbl today. Headline material? Nahhhhh...
    I was watching the Britney went to court but didn't go inside show, followed by the she wore a wedding dress to the little church show, otherwise, I would have caught that one...

Right.

So, when's the price of gas gonna drop?

Didn't think so.

Oh well... back to the let's hope Mitt wins Mich show...

Re: God's Government [Andy McCarthy]

Lisa, it's really infuriating if you've had the experience — as I have — of being portrayed at various panels as part of the "American Taliban" for defending the purportedly Islamophobic efforts to root out Muslim terrorists. Part of my usual response, as a demonstration of how nuts this accusation is, focuses on the Taliban, their imposition of sharia (i.e., God's law), and the marked contrast to our system's bedrock guarantee of freedom of conscience.
    Huckabee is made to order for the Left: his rhetoric embodies their heretofore lunatic indictment that we're no better that what we're fighting against. Let's "amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards"? Who needs to spin when the script speaks for itself? Where has Huck been for the last seven years? Does he not get that our enemies — the people who want to end our way of life — believe they are simply imposing God's standards?
    01/15 07:59 PM

Huckabee is made to order for the Left: his rhetoric embodies their heretofore lunatic indictment that we're no better that what we're fighting against. Let's "amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards"? Who needs to spin when the script speaks for itself? Where has Huck been for the last seven years? Does he not get that our enemies — the people who want to end our way of life — believe they are simply imposing God's standards?
    01/15 07:59 PM
    "amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards"
    I heard that sound bite this morning before I had my first cup of coffee. It was kind of like, ‘did he say what I think he said’.

via Glenn Reynolds at his instapundit site

http://www.instapundit.com/

UPDATE: Ouch:
    The Michigan Democratic ballot is a sham that was rigged by Hillary Rodham Clinton, her husband and her supporters to give the nation the impression that she’s the leading candidate in Michigan, an angry former Sen. Don Riegle said Monday.
    Riegle appeared at a rally in Detroit today to encourage would-be supporters of Barack Obama and John Edwards to vote uncommitted in Tuesday’s primary. Riegle said he supports one of the two, but wouldn’t say which.
    “What happened in Michigan is not very different from what used to happen in the old Soviet Union,” Riegle said. “The Clinton machine manipulated the ballot. They don’t care how they win, only that they do. It’s wrong and people need to know that.”
    (Via Gateway Pundit).
    ANOTHER UPDATE: Rand Simberg knows Don Riegle and thinks it's a sign that Democrats are getting tired of the Clintons.
    MORE: A memo from Hillary.
    posted at 08:09 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Re: God's Government [Andy McCarthy]
    Now, you might know that I'm a religious Conservative, and you may not. Not quite an evangelical... heh... quite. However, I DO believe that it will take the Divine actions of God to free America from it's problems... and I hope that day comes soon.

But you see... the Constitution allows for that. You don't have to change the Constitution to make this a more Godly Nation... you just have to change the PEOPLE. If the People want it, they get it... whether that is Bread and Circuses or a more Godly Nation. You can't successfully impose religion of ANY kind on anybody... all you can compel is obedience.

But that's not freedom, is it. Main reason Huck bothers me... he believes in the power of the Government more than he believes in God or the People. In that, he is a dangerous man indeed.

As the various Politicians start to scream about how we must help those poor folks who were victimized by the 'Predtory Lending Companies'... and as they propose and implement various measures to bail those borrowers out of loans they agreed to pay... keep this in mind:

Not all of those borrowers are innocent victims. ALL of them were told the risks... you pay a pittance for three or so years, then you pay a lot more per month to start paying off the Principal.

Further still... a good number of those borrowers lied about their incomes in order to qualify for the loans. In retrospect, the industry acknowledges the problem:
    When you combine one of the riskiest loans — the option ARM — with one of the riskiest loan features — stated income — it's not exactly a model for safety
    Hopefully we'll hear a lot more about this before the Government punishes everybody for the bad decisions of the few...

For the most part? I think its a waste of time and money.
    I can understand testing folks in supersensitive type jobs...like NASA/driving a vehicle etc or similar but thats it.
    Do I care what the guy that just handed me the Whopper at the drive thru does in his spare time?
    Not really.
    You must never have worked in a restaurant.
    asrock x370 taichi,16g gskill flarex3200 wd250mu 3wdblack 1 tera
    Asrock 990FX FX8120 8G Gskill 2133 2x WD2T 6.0 pc p+c 950w
    Asrock 890FX 1090t 2x4 Gskill 1866 RipJaw WD 1T 6.0 mushkin 850w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 8 Gskill RipJaw 1866 WD1T 6.0 ocz 750 w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 2x4 Gskill Rip Jaw 1600 Ocz evo720
    DFI 790FXB M2RSH PII 955 2x1Gskill 1600 Saph 4670 Ocz Evo 720W
    DFI 790FXM2RS PII 720 2x1gig Gskill 1600 Sapphire HD3400
    DFI Lp ultra D SLI Opti 148@300x10 @33c 1 gig Crucial ballistix 4000

ACLU: Sex in restroom stalls is private

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/...O5fEtBEVNH2ocA

In an effort to help Sen. Larry Craig, the American Civil Liberties Union is arguing that people who have sex in public bathrooms have an expectation of privacy.
    This is what I love about free speech. You just can't make up stuff this good.