Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: nForce2 & Idle Temps Tweak(s)

What program do u mean? i have the same cumputer...

and why does it only say 200mzh fsb when i want 400...

in memory to..i have 2x512 pc3200

Quote Originally Posted by BobL27
    I actually cannot believe how great this worked out for me on my A7N8X E deluxe with an XP3200+

Before doing this tweak, my idle temp was about 51 to 55 degrees C. Now with the tweak, idle temp ranges from 39 to 41C! Just to verify that it was not MBM5 being "fooled", I rebooted, went into BIOS and hardware monitor, and saw that the CPU temp was actually reading the lowered temp reading. Staying in hardware monitor for a few minutes, you could see the temp gradually climb up into the 50's. I have the AMD stock HSF on the CPU using Arctic Silver 5 compound.

With use, the CPU temp climbs back up to mid to high 50's again, but quickly returns to the lower temps at rest! Love it. Now to measure the AC current draw to see if I can see any lower power consumption. After all, it take power to produce heat.

I had tried this program in the past on my A7V266E, but never was able to get it to work, as I had no really clear instructions how to set it up. This fine Forum gave me the right info. Thank you Drisler.

Bob

What kind of program is he talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Thomas
    What program do u mean? i have the same cumputer...
    They are talking about WPCRedit, and they might have also been discussing WPCRset. these programs have been around for many years and are used for stuff like this. They are not particularly easy to use, which is probably why the other program was suggested. It IS really easy to lock up your computer with them though. The other program is available in many places for download if you google it as suggested. Google links below.

and why does it only say 200mzh fsb when i want 400...
    Probably because 400 is really 200 expressed in DDR terms. Might check out the memory FAQ stickied in the Memory Forum on that or ask in your motherboard forum about how your bios expresses it.

Google Search: NGO cooling patch download
    Google Search: wpcredit
    Google Search: wpcrset

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian

M
    Yeah, tell me about it, but I'm glad it was. Seeing it for the first time I tried out s2kctl. Didn't do much for the Shuttle rig in my signature, dropping from 34 to 33, which is only 1 deg above case temps anyway. But on my Epox 8k7a+ setup under "My System", it dropped my temps from 48 to 33 so far, with stock cooling! That's with a case temp of 26.
    EPOX Rig: See "MY SYSTEM"

SHUTTLE Rig:
    AN35N-ULTRA
    2600 Mobile w/AX-7 @ 2400 (12x200mhz)
    3x512 PC3200 Kingston ValueRam
    Thermaltake PurePower 420W
    ATI 9600XT 128MB AIW
    SB LIVE! 5.1 Platinum
    1394 & RAID
    Lite-On LDW-411S DVD-R/RW (Firmware mod to LDW-811S specs)
    AOpen 1640 Pro DVD-ROM
    6x80GB WD HD's w/8MB Cache