"Customer Service" Discussion

I intended to open this up the other day....the entire subject of customer service...whats good...what sucks.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13347

Examples of each would be interesting....and what irritates the shyt out of you.....

I'd say calling one of the "support" numbers for Western union that says "to speak with a customer rep." and then you don't get that friggen option??
    Then getting e-mails back asking you for the information that was included in the e-mail that they are replying to, and it's even in the e-mail that they replied with???

Originally posted by mike1038 on 12-27-2003 at 12:44 PM
    I'd say calling one of the "support" numbers for Western union that says "to speak with a customer rep." and then you don't get that friggen option??
    Then getting e-mails back asking you for the information that was included in the e-mail that they are replying to, and it's even in the e-mail that they replied with???

One of my favorites!!

They use this policy:

http://www.kimsvisions.com/Assets/Ph...or%20small.jpg

If it weren't for poor customer service, flashawk would have never had to show me how to mount a HSF and the fun I've enjoyed with building 'puters would have been lost to the likes of Dell and Gateway, not to mention that my computing experience would probably be limited to two monitors instead of three. So, maybe I owe the large 'puter builders a bit of gratitude for being rather weak in customer service.

My only fear is that the mondo 36" wide format photo quality printer that sits ten feet from my chair will someday take a sheitty and I'll have to call the folks at HP only to find them sitting in an office somewhere in India. Then and only then will I muster up the courage to loosen a few screws on the beast. Heck, I still have to read the manual to change the friggin' paper roll, 'cause I'm too scared to rely on experience (but then, I still read the instructions on how to microwave Stoufer's lasagna too ).

Customer Service? Mine lies in my own brain and the skilled hands of flashawk (may he never move off our mountain), so they can save all the dineros they want by outsourcing. We're so danged close to disposable 'puters anyway, in a few years it'll probably be old news.

If tech support counts then Dell is an interesting case in point. We've been buying Dell workstations and laptops for 5 or 6 years at my company, due in large part to their historically outstanding customer service and tech support. This passed year Dell began using off-shore tech support services. It was horrid and our perception of Dell suffered. The company recently went back to domestic support. I hope they stay with that model. Companies need to realize that they can have great products and still lose if they are irritating to deal with.
    There's always someone with a better computer than you ! So, make yourself feel better and Fold (-:

Ebay: gomsugomsu
    Heat: Mister Crabby
    Love the Crab (-: