Thread: Question

Lightbulb Question

Does the 2500+ come already mounted onto the heathsink? And do the stock 2500+'s use thermal pads if they do i will order some thermal grease aswell.
    I is a n00beth

If you buy a retail XP2500, it will come with a heatsink. The retail heatsink will come with a thermal pad which is fine if you're not overclocking, but some thermal grease like Arctic Silver or Shin Etsu will give you better performance.

Does the 2500+ come already mounted onto the heathsink?
    No, you will have to mount it yourself.

ok thanks although i wont be overclocking straight away i dont want to have to put it on later umm does the nf7-s's northbridge use a thermal pad aswell i might put some thermal grease on that aswell also does that void the warrenty
    I is a n00beth

umm i dunno about abits policy about changing the northbridge heatsink but when it's epox, when you change the northbridge heatsink/fan the warranty is voided. you can put something on the southbridge which doesn't void the warranty.

but yeah as for your previous question, no cpu is ever come already mounted on the heatsink b/c it has nothing to mount to. that's what the motherboard is for. and never use thermal pads. just use the paste like arctic silver 5