Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Official D3 Thread

Ok - if AA can get lovin, I'm gonna see if we can set up a thread to pimp up some Descent 3!
    Wait, I just did set up a thread for that

Calling all Descent 3 players! Lets find a time to get in a few rounds of this under-appreciated game! Lets get some freak going on with quad-lasers and missles and flame throwers and mass drivers and all sorts of fun stuff!

No additional downloads required, just hte latest patch. This is a good place to go for any files you might need.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    YES!!!! I am all over this one!!! There's one or two ffolks that don't visit here too often, that I'm sure we can drag outta the woodwork too.......

Now I just need to pursuade the missus that even with the tourney over, I still need to play more than once a week

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

you know, I bought this game and never installed it......

I here that this guy Jerky played D3 back in the day......is he even alive anymore??...............

there is a server running, ver. 1.4

I don't know how well it will work or what type of game to set-up, so put the information here and I'll see if I can get it set-up properly, your welcome to try now tho.

Now, I know I'm writing almost a gigs worth of Descent to the HDD, but D3 has to be right up there with Daikatana as one of the slowest-to-install games >:|
    Let me make sure I have the latest patch and I'll hop on board.

Hmm, server doesn't show in the game browser. Let me try the Eye and see if it shows there...

No, it doesn't. What port are you on?

I'm not sure if it will this is a very old game, and I would prefer a dedicated server, not one to serve and play on, utilities are scant so I have found two trying to figure out which on will work best. I have had the game for a couple of years installed once played 5 minutes and then put it up.

feandro is offline nix the electoral college
    Very cool! Descent 1&2 used to be my #1 games of choice! Unfortunately, I never got into D3. I tried the demo, and I didn't like what they'd done with the handling of our trusty little ship. Seemed too hard to control with any precision. I could probably be talked into giving it another try though . . . but I'll have to get my hands on a copy first. I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by kamikazee on 01-21-2004 at 12:02 AM
    I'm not sure if it will this is a very old game, and I would prefer a dedicated server, not one to serve and play on, utilities are scant so I have found two trying to figure out which on will work best. I have had the game for a couple of years installed once played 5 minutes and then put it up.
    I get other D3 servers to show in the Eye, so I don't think that should be a problem. It uses a different port than most FPSs, so just wondering if you had used default or had something blocking it or what?

Feandro: Try Walmart or any bargin bin store. I picked up a D3 w/ Mercenary add-on 2 pack for $10. The hard part will be finding it, not coming up with the cash

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Kami, I found a nice D3 server utility a while back - expect an email later today...

Let's get this game going guys..... can't wait to hit dna with the napalm

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

ok, waiting patiently

Lol, I'd have to find an old PC to play D2 on.

On its way

[edit].... the email to kami that is, not an old PC to dna.... sorry
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 01-21-2004 at 05:07 PM.

My rigs My Games