Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    How did the server app come out?

feandro is offline nix the electoral college
    Hey, are we still playing tomorrow (WED)? What time. I got the game, so I'm ready to rock!

I plan on playing. Probably have to watch here to get an indication of exactly when people will be around.
    You should also be able to ping the listed servers with your favorite server browser even if they don't show up on J1mb0b's page.

Ok, big important question for all of you hackers/moders out there: My main complaint with d3 is that the handling of the ship really sucks compared to d1 and d2. It's nearly impossible to aim well, and my movement gets thrown all funny. I used to use only the keyboard with d1 and d2, and at one time, I was remarkably good, given than it's a 360* game and I was only using the keyboard. I've been messing and messing with my settings, and I just can't get it to feel right. I'm trying now to play with my controls a bit more like how I usually play other games, that is, with the mouse and keyboard together. I've pretty much got it figured out, except that the game seems to force REVERSE acceleration with the mouse. This is totally stupid. Thus, small movements of the mouse equate to fairly fast movements/changes in the direction that I'm looking, but if I try to turn around by swinging the mouse really fast, I move much slower, and turning around takes forever.

What I'm looking for is a way to reverse this back, so that I have NORMAL mouse acceleration. I want small movements of the mouse to make very fine adjustments to my aim, with large movements of the mouse to swing me around very quickly. Can anyone figure out what to modify/how to change this? I've looked all around, and I'm fairly sure there isn't an in-game setting to do this, so I need someone who knows their way around the code . . . . can I somehow make the game adopt my windows-defined mouse acceleration, or is there another way to change it? Thanks! I can't wait to shoot all of you tomorrow!!!

D3 is designed to handle that way - it's really more of a flight sim in that it caps the maximum speed in which you can rotate. Really, after a certain point of speed, you are wasting your fast movement as it's not reading it anyway.
    That's how it's supposed to be anyway. There is also a check box somewhere in your controls to enable mouse look which gives you a feel much closer to what you are looking for. However, when you do multiplayer this must be enabled on the server as well. Otherwise, you will have the same flight sim feel.
    This is not enabled by default so I doubt Kami has it on his server since he is somewhat unfamiliar with the game.
    It is the norm in the D3 community to have this mouse look feature turned off, so if you want to play on other servers, you should really get used to it. If you're only going to play SP or with other people who want to play that way, go for it.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    As it happens, we have enabled mouse look on the server since none of us are D3 veterans

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

Hmm, I tried the "mouse look" for a few seconds, and it seemed really hard to use. Maybe my sensitivity was just too high . . . . I'll mess around some more. Thanks.

The problem is probably that loose nut behing the mouse then

Originally posted by dna on 02-04-2004 at 01:38 PM
    who you calling a nut??............

Who AREN'T I calling a nut here?

Originally posted by dna on 02-04-2004 at 02:09 PM
    Who AREN'T I calling a nut here?
    Not me.

Originally posted by dna on 02-04-2004 at 12:38 PM
    Hey, I meant my mouse sensitivity, not my emotional sensitivity.

So when's the next D3 game?

How does thursday look for everyone?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Works for me... 7.00pm PST until wifey gets home.... prolly around 9.00pm

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?