Thread: Ouch

Ouch

"We demand elections or we will bury every American here," said one Shi'ite cleric, Sattar Jabbar.

I hope this is not what a Shi'ite cleric said...

Give me liberty or give me death.

Sounds reasonable to me. I ask every one of you what you would do if a foreign power invaded your homeland? Even if I thought our current president was a warmongering fool that posed a threat to my personal liberty and to the general safety and stability of the world, (Not saying I donít either) I would still fight to the death to repel the invaders.

Iím shocked that some people have a hard time understanding why there is resistance to our presence in Iraq. Or why they want immediate and direct elections. Would we ask for any less?
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Re: Ouch

Originally posted by Cobra_nVidia on 01-20-2004 at 10:58 PM
    "We demand elections or we will bury every American here," said one Shi'ite cleric, Sattar Jabbar.
    Threatening to kill every person who is an american citizen in Iraq because of what the U.S. government does is stupid. Threatening someone who just blew away the tyrant you were unable to defeat is even dumber. As I say, I hope he didn't say it, because he represents his people (being a cleric) and is making them look like stupid spoiled brats.