Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Caprid on 02-20-2004 at 04:15 PM
    Yeah you LOL Trying to get any info out of you guys is like pulling teeth. What motherboard?

ABIT KV8-MAX3.

Will post a pic of the multipler being changed in CPUZ and ClockGen.

Here is the screenshot of the CPUZ and the clockgen:

http://www.geocities.com/ktoh1980/ChangedMultipler.JPG

Please drag the link to your address bar to see the picture.

Cool TY

Let me know when you get your "FSB" up over 200 and I'll edit the first page.

And thanks to Senor Panadero, the benchmark page is readable now

EDIT
    Last edited by private; 03-06-2004 at 12:21 AM.

i'd rather be happy than right!

i did private, swapping my board with rustler though for a shuttle board but i was running:

MSI NEO FSR (not fsr2 )

2200mhz, ht 800mhz, ram loose timings something like 3-3-11-3 (forget order)

one trick is use Memlock and lock ram at 333 then you can possibly run fsb higher, i ran semi stable at 2250 but didnt stay there..not sure what was holding me back could have been anything.

memory setting is somehow linked to the agp/pci clock if you lock down the mem to 333 it somehow gets a divider going or something on the agp/pci clock and you can run higher fsb's
    heat: the-elusive-dragon

Dell XPS desktop
    19" monitor
    Intel core duo @ 2.2ghz
    2gb ram
    250gb hdd
    nvidia 8600 gts video with 256 ram
    saitek backlit kb
    razer diamondback mouse (red led)
    windows vista

Originally posted by elusive-dragon on 02-22-2004 at 09:23 PM
    i did private, swapping my board with rustler though for a shuttle board but i was running:

MSI NEO FSR (not fsr2 )

2200mhz, ht 800mhz, ram loose timings something like 3-3-11-3 (forget order)

one trick is use Memlock and lock ram at 333 then you can possibly run fsb higher, i ran semi stable at 2250 but didnt stay there..not sure what was holding me back could have been anything.

memory setting is somehow linked to the agp/pci clock if you lock down the mem to 333 it somehow gets a divider going or something on the agp/pci clock and you can run higher fsb's
    Thanks for the info dude!

For what reason r u swapping boards? not happy?

i notice that to iam at 220fsb but had to down clock my ram to 333mhz

Originally posted by Kainxxx2000 on 02-22-2004 at 09:52 PM
    i notice that to iam at 220fsb but had to down clock my ram to 333mhz
    did you do all this in bios or windows using some tool?
    R U saying I should bring mem down to 333 and fsb up to 210?
    Can i keep same ram timings? I guess I should be able to since at this point ram will not be oc'd. right?

Private: do you have multiplier options in the BIOS? If not, did you try clockgen? Nobody has checked in yet with the MSI board, so I don't know if it works or not. Check to see if you have Cool&Quite in the BIOS.

Originally posted by Caprid on 02-22-2004 at 10:11 PM
    Private: do you have multiplier options in the BIOS? If not, did you try clockgen? Nobody has checked in yet with the MSI board, so I don't know if it works or not. Check to see if you have Cool&Quite in the BIOS.
    Hi Caprid. I have Cool & Quiet enabled in bios. I don't have any multi otions in bios though. I have not tried clockgen since I always thought that the best way to OC is in the bios directly. I do have Crystal CPUID installed, gives me options to change multi, voltage, etc... but have not tried it yet! Should I? Or should I keep trying different settings in Bios?

Since you can't change the multiplier in the BIOS you'll need clockgen. Plus it will save you hundreds of reboots. Once you find out were you can go, then you can use those setting in the BIOS. And be done with clockgen. I use it because my BIOS only goes to 300, so I boot and go from there.

i was not using cool n quiet

clockgen works but only for FSB (that i could tell)

in clockgen if you lock your mem then you'll notice when you slide the fsb up higher your agp/pci goes up also...but at a lower value which is nice

basically you take your actual bios and set it at like 200mhz, but you use clockgen in windows to oc the fsb there...that way if your system is unstable and reboots you'll be at just 200mhz because your true bios was never adjusted.

its sorta like tricking your system it works also check my seti benchi...they both were with the msi mobo private!

oh as for being happy with msi, i love msi as a company and as a solid mobo mfgr but its not a 100% oc'rs board. at first i thought i would be content at stock with mild oc'ing but the oc bug has me bad and the shuttle board can hit higher fsb's lol hence more oc tweaking for me!

it just so happens also that rustler was looking for a more stable and strong performing stock mobo for a server..so we're swapping boards. also the via chipsets are faster right now at defaults but the nforce are better at oc'ing....works out perfect! (thanks rustler!)
    Last edited by elusive-dragon; 02-22-2004 at 10:34 PM.

Dell XPS desktop
    19" monitor
    Intel core duo @ 2.2ghz
    2gb ram
    250gb hdd
    saitek backlit kb
    windows vista

Originally posted by Caprid on 02-22-2004 at 10:29 PM
    Since you can't change the multiplier in the BIOS you'll need clockgen. Plus it will save you hundreds of reboots. Once you find out were you can go, then you can use those setting in the BIOS. And be done with clockgen. I use it because my BIOS only goes to 300, so I boot and go from there.
    TY!

Originally posted by elusive-dragon on 02-22-2004 at 10:29 PM
    i was not using cool n quiet

its sorta like tricking your system it works also check my seti benchi...they both were with the msi mobo private!

Thanks for the info dude! i did see your seti benchies at both fsb's....NICE! Anyway, Thanks to You, Caprid and alot of other folks in here, I've gathered enough info to really start playing around with this baby!

as you would say...

Dell XPS desktop
    19" monitor
    Intel core duo @ 2.2ghz
    2gb ram
    250gb hdd
    saitek backlit kb
    windows vista