Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hmm. Everyone seems to be backing off of this now. DOMA is most likely going to be all that anybody seems to want to support.

(Something tells me this will be all but forgotten by Nov. )

Let's see what the week brings.........but I am about to say 'Uncle' on this thread.

-TMack

What should be debated here is the fact that existing laws are being ignored ie not enforced. *That* is what's at the bottom of this issue.
    I agree here. What good are uninforced laws.
    amd 2500+@2200ish mhz
    ati 9800 pro
    msi kt6 delta lsr
    1024 mb of PC3200 ram
    2X80 gb wd800jb non raid
    Audigy platinum ex
    at least a six pack o beer
    a64 coming soon

Re: Re: Re: "Activist Judges"

Originally posted by TMack409 on 02-25-2004 at 06:36 PM
    Let me add to this a bit....(I hate it when work gets in the way of my TLR time!)

By "activist judges" I mean to say in addition, that they are *not* about re-interpreting the law! What the *are* about is ignoring laws and statutes that are already on the books and writing new laws that fly in the face of existing ones.....Even the president has admitted he is powerless to stop rogue courts and activist judges.

So....a constitutional amendment is required.
    It's interesting to me the usage of adjectives. I hear or read phrases such as "activist judges", "rogue courts", "liberal/left-wing/Democrat intelligentsia" and I realize the mechanics of spin have been deployed. I can't really call them doctors as spin has yet to be elevated in academic institutions as a field of discipline for which the title of PhD has been awarded. No, I envision them as individuals who dig around in the muck and never think they get dirt under their fingernails.
    It's a funny word, intelligentsia, isn't it? It sounds a tad sinister, almost KGB'ish, doesn't it? And, how is it that you don't hear the phrase "conservative/right-wing/Republican intelligentsia"? Could it be because their opponent intelligentsia are taking the higher road, or they don't exist, or they go to great lengths to avoid being identified as such, or are they simply spin doctors?
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.

It's a funny word, intelligentsia, isn't it? It sounds a tad sinister, almost KGB'ish, doesn't it? And, how is it that you don't hear the phrase "conservative/right-wing/Republican intelligentsia"?
    Because we have no love for communism like the left does!
    amd 2500+@2200ish mhz
    ati 9800 pro
    msi kt6 delta lsr
    1024 mb of PC3200 ram
    2X80 gb wd800jb non raid
    Audigy platinum ex
    a64 coming soon

But there is a love for fascism, so I could come up with some really fun descriptors.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

This quote was inspired by too much beer intake on my part last night.

But there is a love for fascism, so I could come up with some really fun descriptors.
    amd 2500+@2200ish mhz
    ati 9800 pro
    msi kt6 delta lsr
    1024 mb of PC3200 ram
    2X80 gb wd800jb non raid
    Audigy platinum ex
    a64 coming soon