TLR Specific Guidelines

TLR Specific Guidelines

- Authored by Jimzinsocal (Supermoderator)
    - 2nd Revision by Fluff n Stuff (Former TLR moderator)
    - 3rd Revision by Vihsadas (Current TLR moderator)

A Short "Preamble"

Naturally, all of the general rules for Amdmb/PCPerspective apply here. However, because of the nature of TLR, Amdmb/PCP rules will be differently enforced. Official infractions obtained in this forum will apply to you in all the Ambmd/PCP forums, even though the enforcement will differ in TLR.
    In addition, due to the specific intentions of TLR, we have created some specific guidelines to allow more informative debates to survive for more than a few posts before degenerating into unwanted flame fests.

The TLR guidelines

This is a reminder that this forum is private property. You are allowed to post here only at the discretion of the owners, administrators, supermoderators, and moderators. We reserve the right to delete or edit your post to bring it into compliance with both Amdmb/PCP Rules, and TLR specific guidelines. We will not, however, edit content for reasons beyond those.

Guideline #1:
    This forum is a work in progress, and an experiment. Our goal is to give the members of Amdmb/PCP a place to discuss issues which are emotionally charged in an atmosphere of open, polite, reasoned discussion. Please work with us to make this possible.

Guideline #2:
    Treat all other members with more respect than they deserve. Further than not using personal insults, or attacking members in print, Avoid the habit of dismissing them because you feel they are wrong. If you believe they are incorrect, use sound reasoning to explain why, and extend them the courtesy of being polite about it.

Guideline #3:
    You will read things in TLR which will offend you. Accept that fact, and embrace it. Face the posts which upset you the most, by objectively considering the viewpoint that is made. Then expand the conversation by adding your own viewpoint. Do not simply end the conversation by declaring unsupported or inconclusive facts as 'The End of the Matter'. No matter how compelling your facts are to you, there will always be those who are unconvinced. This is the nature of debate, and it is not a reflection on you, so do not take it personally.

Guideline #4:
    We realize that you have alot to say, and we know that your opinion is quite complex. However, please try to keep your posts concise and to the point, and avoid posting inordinately long discussions. Unnecessarily long posts tend to cause people to avoid participating in discussion.

Guideline #5:
    Trolling will not be tolerated. That is, please do not post an inflammatory statement and disappear. If you have a strong opinion, explain why you hold that opinion. Insults posted merely to create angry rebuttals will be summarily closed.

Guideline #6:
    If you see something in TLR which you think is inappropriate, be sure that they infringe upon the stated rules and guidelines, and please make use of the link found at the bottom of each post which reads, "Report This Post". Please do not try and enforce the rules yourself, or post complaints such as, "This thread should be closed".
    If you see the moderators doing something which you believe is inappropriate, contact the moderator by PM or E-mail, and express your concern. If and only if all else fails, contact a supermoderator, or site administrator.

Guideline #7:
    If you violate one of the posted Amdmb/PCP Rules, we will delete or edit your post and contact you via PM with an 'Official Notice of Infraction'. Official notices of infraction are meant to be taken seriously, although they are not the end of the world. If infractions add up, you are subject to being put on probation, having your posting privledges suspended for three days, a week, or pehaps even being banned outright from the Amdmb/PCP Forums.

Guideline #8:
    If your post is found to be going against TLR Specific Guidelines, we may edit your post, and/or post a comment expressing what you did wrong and explaining how you may improve your comments so they coincide with the spirit of TLR. These comments will be left out in the public, so that everyone may learn a better method to exchange ideas. This is not intended to shame or insult you in any way.

Guideline #9:
    What happens in TLR stays in TLR. If you feel strongly about another member's opinions in TLR, you are permitted to express those feelings only in the confines of TLR. First and Foremost, Amdmb/PcP forums is a technical forum. TLR is given to you as a privilege in order to separate the touchy issues from the tech issues. For this reason, we require that you refrain from taking comments that belong in TLR and placing them in the public forum limelight. This includes quoting a member's comments in your signature for the sole reason of belittling them, or showing the world how distorted you think their views are. The moderator's reserve the right to enforce this guideline outside of TLR.

Author's note
    Due to the experimental nature of this forum, these guidelines may need to be revised in the future. We will try to keep you as up to date as possible as to what changes are made. Also, we welcome your positive suggestions to help improve TLR.

Current revision by,

-Vihsadas (TLR Moderator)
    Vihsadas' Private Message Box

5th Revision by 'Vihsadas' on 06-10-2005 at 03:12 PM
    4th Revision by 'Vihsadas' on 02-11-2005 at 01:08 PM
    3rd Revison by 'Vihsadas' on 05-30-2004 at 06:09 AM
    2nd Revision by 'Fluff n Stuff' on 03-15-2003 at 03:52 AM
    Last edited by Vihsadas; 06-10-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Re: TLR Specific Guidelines

Thread updated. Please see guideline #9.

awww come on I can keep my vic sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog
    Sorry Bearded, I'm going to have to say no. We've had a few problems in the past with this issue, not just in TLR btw. The issue was actually mentioned by a number of non-TLR mods, which prompted me and ST to shift the policy in the TLR guidelines. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog
    no, i even told you you couldnt use it....

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Good rule, Vis. Things get ugly enough around here all around, w/o parading the insult(s) throughout the whole forum.

Minor edits, typos and grammatical errors, and cleanup...man my spelling is horrble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihsadas
    Minor edits, typos and grammatical errors, and cleanup...man my spelling is horrble.
    Do a search on google for "iespell".....it's a spell checker that integrates into I.E.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see!

Quote Originally Posted by trekrider
    Do a search on google for "iespell".....it's a spell checker that integrates into I.E.
    is there one for firefox?

NVM, found it. Google is my friend.

From what I understood of our conversation, V, these guidelines are merely suggestions and are unenforceable. Is this still the case?

looks official this time. not just guidelines, but rules

My Games Updated 9/12/05

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake88
    looks official this time. not just guidelines, but rules
    No they are still just guidelines, not infractable rules, but that doesn't mean they are not enforceable...well, depends what you mean by "enforceable".
    We can definitely edit things that are counter to the guidelines, but only under extreme circumstances will any further action be taken (pretty much never). There is one guideline that we do take more seriously. Specifically, #9.

9 is pretty much the only guideline that you will be contacted and told to comply with.

The others are mostly just extensions of PCP rules.

As with anything, when we moderate, there are always other factors that play into the decision; past history, severity, etc...there is always a shade of grey.

But generally (and this basically means exclusively) we only give infractions for breaches of PCP rules.
    Last edited by Vihsadas; 06-10-2005 at 10:22 PM.