Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by elusive-dragon on 03-04-2004 at 08:28 PM
    as for the political topics: america's problem is there is supposed to be a seperation of Church and State and there isnt, i get so sick of the "president" saying GOD this and GOD that. If our country would keep religion (at least as much as possible) out of our gov't then us going into other countries wouldnt be so bad...however..
    Amen! I have no problem with having a religious president, but he shouldn't so obviously let it sway his political decisions. While people will claim all day long that this country was "found on religious principles and religious law", the fact is that the Framers took extreme pains to keep religion (and morals, for that matter) out of the Constitution, because they realized that a government that is "of the People" cannot be of any one religion and therefore must be of no religion. While I don't think the government should pass laws that restrict citizens from practicing whatever religion they so choose (for instance, I find the French idea of outlawing religious garb in school to be far too encroaching... although they do have a legitimate problem), no government official should make reference to religion in an official capacity. My two cents.
    "To follow knowledge like a sinking star / Beyond the utmost bound of human thought ... To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    --from "Ulysses", Tennyson

Talking

Originally posted by elusive-dragon on 03-04-2004 at 08:28 PM

deleted my own stuff, im tired from a long days work and said WAY to much lol

ROFL,,,thats too funny bud,, I use to be like that alot except I never deleted my stuff, now I just let it roll off my back!!!

Oh well its hard to teach anyone with 3rd world beliefs what being an American is all about. But lets get back to SCO and the subject at hand and leave the 3rd world talk to the 3rd world countrys.

Peace.

Originally posted by Gil-galad on 03-04-2004 at 08:58 PM
    Amen! I have no problem with having a religious president, but he shouldn't so obviously let it sway his political decisions. While people will claim all day long that this country was "found on religious principles and religious law", the fact is that the Framers took extreme pains to keep religion (and morals, for that matter) out of the Constitution, because they realized that a government that is "of the People" cannot be of any one religion and therefore must be of no religion. While I don't think the government should pass laws that restrict citizens from practicing whatever religion they so choose (for instance, I find the French idea of outlawing religious garb in school to be far too encroaching... although they do have a legitimate problem), no government official should make reference to religion in an official capacity. My two cents.
    Gil, to be point blank,,, THE FRENCH SUCK!

Hmmmm, supposedly the leaked memo showing a connection between Microsoft and SCO is real http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...40304174457123 and Blake Stowell supposedly confirmed it. Microsoft really needs to be broken up. They have proven multiple times they have too much power and that they can do absolutely no good with it.
    Closed Source, Closed Minds ---> Open Source, Open Minds

MAIN RIG
    Booting: Fedora Core 3, WinXP Pro
    Motherboard - MSI KT6 LSR
    AMD 2500+ Barton @ 2800+ (Thermalright AX-7 HS)
    1 GB Crucial PC3200 DDR
    Radeon 9700Pro (Gigabyte Maya II) with Zalman ZM80A-HP

Linux Servers: Alexandria, Cairo, Zanzibar, Madagascar

Microsoft Test Servers: Bishop, Rook, Knight, Pawn
    (running atop virtual pc on xp machines)

Originally posted by 64Bit on 03-04-2004 at 09:08 PM
    Gil, to be point blank,,, THE FRENCH SUCK!
    Oh, I wouldn't say that... there are many things about the French that I don't like, but you have to admit, they have some things right. Mainly culinary things; if I ever strike it rich, I will have a courier fly an assortment of pastries and breads from some patisserie/boulangerie in Paris straight to me every single day.
    "To follow knowledge like a sinking star / Beyond the utmost bound of human thought ... To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Originally posted by navin on 03-04-2004 at 08:52 PM
    Hmmmm, supposedly the leaked memo showing a connection between Microsoft and SCO is real http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...40304174457123 and Blake Stowell supposedly confirmed it. Microsoft really needs to be broken up. They have proven multiple times they have too much power and that they can do absolutely no good with it.
    Two companies totally out of control and it seems nothing can be done about it till someone runs out of money. One messed up situation.

Opensource, has for the last couple of years and mainly this last year, has been getting the attention it rightfully deserves.
    More and more companies and businesses have sampled opensouce and concluded its equally stable to MS, less down time and very versatile, at a very much affordable price.
    That from a buisness perspective, is music to many peoples ears.
    Large and small busineses alike, its all about the money.

We all knew as opensource users this simple truth for awhile, and knew it was only a matter of time before businesses caught on. The upside to this is many, but the one I choose to focus on is, now opensource has a much growing market, this in itself opens many doors.
    The downside side is the powers that be "Microshaft" and others sharing their vision and agenda have become concerned, threatened.
    Why? Opensource is starting to take a portion of their business.
    Thus, in part the current SCO scenario.
    If there isn't any concerns why bother buying up all the smaller businesses?

Its a early look at Silicon Valley era repeating itself all over again.
    In other words, it dirty business but MS is buying out as many as they can, power in numbers philosphy.
    Its a battle for supremacy, who will eventually come out on top.
    Myself, I'm thrilled that opensource is playing a role in all of it.
    We have finally turned some bigger heads.
    Main Rig:
    PSU: Antec 550 watt Truepower
    Mobo: LP-B
    CPU: 2400xp 200@11
    HSF: SLK 900(A) Panaflo 92m fan
    MEMORY: 1 stick of Corsairs XMS 512 3200C2PT
    VIDEO: MSI FX 5900xt
    HD: 1 WD 120gigger
    BURNER: Liteon 52x32x52
    CASE: Kingwin 424 series

Originally posted by Gil-galad on 03-04-2004 at 11:03 PM
    Oh, I wouldn't say that... there are many things about the French that I don't like, but you have to admit, they have some things right. Mainly culinary things; if I ever strike it rich, I will have a courier fly an assortment of pastries and breads from some patisserie/boulangerie in Paris straight to me every single day.

I am talking about how we saved their butts in WWII and the thanks we get is that they wont even let us fly over their country when we are going over to Irag.

Ungrateful Bast**ds is about all I can say.

It makes it sound like the US has never stabbed anybody in the back. But, there again, I'll throw my knowledge aside for the sake of the two feet theory.

Who has the ability to see their own misgivings? Practically no person can see themselves. What's left is simply their perception of how life affects them and they see life from that window. Ignorance fuels ignorance and so it goes. Companies like MS know this as well as do governments. They count on it actually and why not, it never fails them.
    Closed Source, Closed Minds ---> Open Source, Open Minds

MAIN RIG
    Booting: Fedora Core 3, WinXP Pro
    Motherboard - MSI KT6 LSR
    AMD 2500+ Barton @ 2800+ (Thermalright AX-7 HS)
    1 GB Crucial PC3200 DDR
    Radeon 9700Pro (Gigabyte Maya II) with Zalman ZM80A-HP

Linux Servers: Alexandria, Cairo, Zanzibar, Madagascar

Microsoft Test Servers: Bishop, Rook, Knight, Pawn
    (running atop virtual pc on xp machines)

Red face

Originally posted by navin on 03-06-2004 at 02:59 PM
    It makes it sound like the US has never stabbed anybody in the back. But, there again, I'll throw my knowledge aside for the sake of the two feet theory.

Who has the ability to see their own misgivings? Practically no person can see themselves. What's left is simply their perception of how life affects them and they see life from that window. Ignorance fuels ignorance and so it goes. Companies like MS know this as well as do governments. They count on it actually and why not, it never fails them.
    SCO has nothing to do with countrys , so why dont you get off your Anti-US crap, if you dont like the USA thats great, if you live here, go and live somewhere else if you think its better. If not then please email me and we can discuss 3rd World Ignorance among each other and not waste everyone else's time.

Radeon8500@lanphreaks.com

Thanks!

Red face

Originally posted by navin on 03-06-2004 at 02:59 PM

SCO has nothing to do with countrys , so why dont you get off your Anti-US crap, if you dont like the USA thats great, if you live here, go and live somewhere else if you think its better. If not then please email me and we can discuss 3rd World Ignorance among each other and not waste everyone else's time.

Radeon8500@lanphreaks.com

Thanks!

Without France, there wouldn't be a United States of America. Of course, France helped us because they were the enemies of the British... just like we helped France in WWII because we were the enemies of the Germans. Let's face it; no person/country/entity acts entirely without self-interest. Except maybe Mother Teresa, and she's gone. France didn't support the war with Iraq. In part this is because they have (had) business interests in Iraq. I'm sure another part was they didn't feel the war was just. A final part is that they don't particularly like the United States. Now, look at the U.S. Part of the reason we invaded was to remove potential WMDs. We also wanted to remove an enemy of the United States. We also wanted to set up a capitalistic/democratic state (other than Turkey) in the Middle East to set an 'example'. As an afterthought, a few people probably even wanted the Iraqis to enjoy the same freedom we did. Oh, and I'm sure the oil fields didn't hurt. So, see, the U.S. acted in its self-interest too. Everyone is just acting according to their nature; it's the way of the world. You can draw lines and throw stones all you want, but every person and every nation lives in a glass house... and throwing stones just breaks them down, eh? That's why I say, peace.

Me and buddy was discussing this SCO scenario and other companies mergering together, we both agreed, that the days of big companies/business is over, it least around the corner.
    There are many contributing factors it just can't be nailed to one, and nothing happens overnight or in a weeks time.
    The PC industry in general, is redefining itself and we knew it would eventually happen. We as consumers in small but in a important way contributed to this as well.
    Demanding more for less puts everybody, all included, consumers and businesses alike at risk temporairly. It shifts the market when people not only stop spending but more importantly and clearly keeping at hand with the subject, their needs change. When my needs change my spending habits change.

Opensource has proved, it can do more with less.
    What does that mean?
    It shoots the traditional big business philosphy right in the foot.
    Not as an attention getter, but proving the old business philosophy is outdated and needs to either adopted a new approach to business or eventually get moved aside and suffer great loss. Its not only Opensource, its everywhere we shop, we see evidence of the consumers needs changing.
    Thats why there is more of everything. In a very short time and already occuring, there will be no one giant dominating business entity. The days of big business is about over.
    Trying to accomodate the consumer ultimately forces businesses to either merge or step aside. A new way of business is underway.

MS will not go under if and when their OS's suffer sales.
    MS has so many other irons in the fire allowing them to exist for a long time. They just won't be the big software giant anymore. Apple with their new OS X is doing very well again, its opensource and the look and feel is what MS promised 10 years ago and couldn't deleiver then and still can't deleiver.
    X is a wonderfully OS, its all over the college campus's, and Steve knows how to market it.
    "Open Office" (opensource office software)is making a very nice splash. More and more office environments are trying it and liking it. Its evidence of the more for less philosophy.
    People love this piece of software and the learning curve is minimum. Why? It has the look and feel of MS office apps but yet it opensource. Its truly a beautiful thang isn't it? Mucho dinero, being saved by changing to open office in the office/work environments.

Is this starting to makesense to anyone?
    MS for along time now has been trying to stop support for 98SE and eventually win2000, but they are still widely used in many/most homes, office and work environments. They had to comply cause the voice of the people was loud and clear.
    Even though for the most part those who do business with MS get decent deals. However, try explain to workers, this week they will be getting new software to replace the old outdated software. Workers who are very accustomed to the software they use every day, gringe at such statements.
    When businesses are trying to save money all loyality is thrown out the window.
    Not only that, but if the software has a look and feel they are already use to and can equally perform the same tasks as their everyday software. Such software is welcomed and that is music to the business peoples ears.
    Everybody is happy, a solution was found where both the worker and business people alike benefited.

In other words, be brillant without compromise.
    Opensource isn't being compromised by writing software that has a MS look and feel to it, were just beating them at their own game. We are showing them you can do more with less without compromising and sacraficing easy accessibility, performance and stability. That my friend is stellar brillance, mopping up the pig crap with the very pig who crapped it.

The days of big business is over.
    Were gonna see alot more of and from the opensource community.
    Redhat and Suse? Opensource needs big guns like these, some may consider them sellouts and etc. It will be these big guns, that will get the looks and agreements needed from other big guns outside the opensource umbrella, to sponor, fund and donated to push opensource beyond the desktop mainstream.
    Obviously, MS isn't going to go quietly, being the big software giant is important to them, so snatching all the small potatoes up is only to be expected.
    Main Rig:
    PSU: Antec 550 watt Truepower
    Mobo: LP-B
    CPU: 2400xp 200@11
    HSF: SLK 900(A) Panaflo 92m fan
    MEMORY: 1 stick of Corsairs XMS 512 3200C2PT
    VIDEO: MSI FX 5900xt
    HD: 1 WD 120gigger
    BURNER: Liteon 52x32x52
    CASE: Kingwin 424 series

Red face

Originally posted by Gil-galad on 03-06-2004 at 05:01 PM
    Without France, there wouldn't be a United States of America. Of course, France helped us because they were the enemies of the British... just like we helped France in WWII because we were the enemies of the Germans. Let's face it; no person/country/entity acts entirely without self-interest. Except maybe Mother Teresa, and she's gone. France didn't support the war with Iraq. In part this is because they have (had) business interests in Iraq. I'm sure another part was they didn't feel the war was just. A final part is that they don't particularly like the United States. Now, look at the U.S. Part of the reason we invaded was to remove potential WMDs. We also wanted to remove an enemy of the United States. We also wanted to set up a capitalistic/democratic state (other than Turkey) in the Middle East to set an 'example'. As an afterthought, a few people probably even wanted the Iraqis to enjoy the same freedom we did. Oh, and I'm sure the oil fields didn't hurt. So, see, the U.S. acted in its self-interest too. Everyone is just acting according to their nature; it's the way of the world. You can draw lines and throw stones all you want, but every person and every nation lives in a glass house... and throwing stones just breaks them down, eh? That's why I say, peace.
    France hasnt supported anything we have done in the last decade. I cant stand them. They are a little piss ant country who we shaved and get no respect from. I am sure if you asked the Older Generation in France the majority of them would tell you how they love Americans and how grateful they are. To bad the rest of the country doesnt feel that way.

If the Oil Fields didnt hurt then how come we are paying 2-3 bucks per gallon for Oil? Please obviously that wasnt an issue.

But I am not going to draw this out. I have been all over the world and from my personal experiance all I can say is what I know.

If the US recieved HALF of the money that they have spent in helping other countries back we wouldnt be in the hole as a nation.

But thats not our way , we are always helping out other countries even if they suck , like France. And disrespect American for all the help they have given them over the years.

As far as I am considered France and Iraq are good for the same thing.

They both would be great parking lots!!

Originally posted by Soap on 03-06-2004 at 05:33 PM
    Me and buddy was discussing this SCO scenario and other companies mergering together, we both agreed, that the days of big companies/business is over, it least around the corner.
    There are many contributing factors it just can't be nailed to one, and nothing happens overnight or in a weeks time.
    The PC industry in general, is redefining itself and we knew it would eventually happen. We as consumers in small but in a important way contributed to this as well.
    Demanding more for less puts everybody, all included, consumers and businesses alike at risk temporairly. It shifts the market when people not only stop spending but more importantly and clearly keeping at hand with the subject, their needs change. When my needs change my spending habits change.

Opensource has proved, it can do more with less.
    What does that mean?
    It shoots the traditional big business philosphy right in the foot.
    Not as an attention getter, but proving the old business philosophy is outdated and needs to either adopted a new approach to business or eventually get moved aside and suffer great loss. Its not only Opensource, its everywhere we shop, we see evidence of the consumers needs changing.
    Thats why there is more of everything. In a very short time and already occuring, there will be no one giant dominating business entity. The days of big business is about over.
    Trying to accomodate the consumer ultimately forces businesses to either merge or step aside. A new way of business is underway.

MS will not go under if and when their OS's suffer sales.
    MS has so many other irons in the fire allowing them to exist for a long time. They just won't be the big software giant anymore. Apple with their new OS X is doing very well again, its opensource and the look and feel is what MS promised 10 years ago and couldn't deleiver then and still can't deleiver.
    X is a wonderfully OS, its all over the college campus's, and Steve knows how to market it.
    "Open Office" (opensource office software)is making a very nice splash. More and more office environments are trying it and liking it. Its evidence of the more for less philosophy.
    People love this piece of software and the learning curve is minimum. Why? It has the look and feel of MS office apps but yet it opensource. Its truly a beautiful thang isn't it? Mucho dinero, being saved by changing to open office in the office/work environments.

Is this starting to makesense to anyone?
    MS for along time now has been trying to stop support for 98SE and eventually win2000, but they are still widely used in many/most homes, office and work environments. They had to comply cause the voice of the people was loud and clear.
    Even though for the most part those who do business with MS get decent deals. However, try explain to workers, this week they will be getting new software to replace the old outdated software. Workers who are very accustomed to the software they use every day, gringe at such statements.
    When businesses are trying to save money all loyality is thrown out the window.
    Not only that, but if the software has a look and feel they are already use to and can equally perform the same tasks as their everyday software. Such software is welcomed and that is music to the business peoples ears.
    Everybody is happy, a solution was found where both the worker and business people alike benefited.

In other words, be brillant without compromise.
    Opensource isn't being compromised by writing software that has a MS look and feel to it, were just beating them at their own game. We are showing them you can do more with less without compromising and sacraficing easy accessibility, performance and stability. That my friend is stellar brillance, mopping up the pig crap with the very pig who crapped it.

The days of big business is over.
    Were gonna see alot more of and from the opensource community.
    Redhat and Suse? Opensource needs big guns like these, some may consider them sellouts and etc. It will be these big guns, that will get the looks and agreements needed from other big guns outside the opensource umbrella, to sponor, fund and donated to push opensource beyond the desktop mainstream.
    Obviously, MS isn't going to go quietly, being the big software giant is important to them, so snatching all the small potatoes up is only to be expected.
    Soap, I totally agree with you and Gil , lets get this thread back on subject thanks, email me if you want to differ.

Later.