Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Toaster sigs

Re: Toaster sigs

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    My how time flies. It's been 10 years since the "Toaster" sig craze came (and went). Never did get my "Official" sig (AG could be a might contrary at times) although I submitted entries for a LPA @ 2500 and an Infinity B @ 250/2500 here and at DFI-Street.

Oh well. Stuff comes and stuff goes and life rolls on. Those DFI NF2 boards (along with the Shuttle AN35N) were the knees bees of the Socket 462 world. Kinda miss working with them. The only S462 system I have left is a MSI 745 Ultra XP2400 Thornton that hasn't been fired up in over 3 years. Good investments though (as far as motherboards go) as I sold them used for more than I paid for them originally (the LPA sold for double what I paid for it).
    Great Times for all of us
    Forums were like the Wild West back then. Lot of Class, mostly "Low".
    I do remember MrNovi was a very active and valuable member on both forums.
    Hard to believe it's been 10 years.
    But I do remember that overclocking was hard as fock back then LOL

Cheers MrNovi!

Hows it going soundx98. Good to hear from you. I was wondering who would be the first to respond to this thread necro. I remember that case mod you did with a LanParty B in the $20 SVC case. That was a thing of beauty. I bought one of those cases and never got around to doing anything with it and lost it in one of my many moves in the mean time.

Overclocking was more of an art than a science back then. Nothing like these newfangled Sandy/Ivy Bridge Haswell "K" cpus we deal with now a days.

And thanks for the compliments. I tried to do what I could (and still do). You were a valuable member as well.
    Last edited by MrNovi; 02-13-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Even though my NF4-D died some time ago, I haven't tossed it. I'd like to mount it on the wall, but I don't think the missus is going to let that fly. That and cats and kids might knock that down.

I looked through all the detailed OC databased thread I started compiling in the DFI forum, and you're right, Mr. Novi, there's just a lot of settings you'd need to tweak.
    A lot of overclocking boards were kinda crappy, IMO. I was okay with Abit, but Epox was junk. Once I was convinced to go DFI, that was well-worth it. Might be just as well, since my alone time doesn't afford me the ability to sit and tweak around like I used to before marriage and kids.

Well, I gotta attempt some more child-proofing devices (they still get inside ).

I have one of the S775 LanParty P35 chipset boards with the neon green slots that I have been planning to mount in a picture box/frame in running condition (laptop hard drive, small cpu cooler, low profile vid card, UV CCFLs), but haven't gotten around to it yet. Already have an OK from the rest of the family to hang it on the wall at home, although the powers that be haven't told me where yet. I was thinking of using it as a pfSense box or something like that.

I had a great NF3 Ultra D S939 board and a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR 939 that came down with corrupted bios issues that were never resolved (DFI refused to honor the warranty). When I switched to Intel S775 I went Gigabyte and haven't regretted it. Much more stable and reliable.

Which one of you whippersnappers woke me from my nap??? Get off my lawn!!!

Not me Todd.