OT - Anyone seen/heard from AMD2003/ LS_Golfbuff/ AMDGURU/ amdguru@cox.net?

Hello everyone! Long time no chat

Has anyone seen AMD2003 around lately?

In late September of last year, I was on the hunt for a AMD rip trade for my P4 rig. For about a week, the request was up, but with few offers. Finally, Jason came around and made a offer. We had solid talks for about a day before we came to a final decision of V

I would send him -
    - P4 2.4B
    - P4P800-DLX (had everything)
    - Alpha 8942 (full box, instructions, screws, etc)
    - $75.00 USD

He would send me V
    - AMD Barton 2500+
    - Basic HSF
    - NF7-S V2 (full box, had everything supposedly)
    - BBA Radeon 9800NP

Even though Jason had less heat than me (around 20), I decided to ship off my parts first, so then he wouldn't be out his main rig (I was OK with this, since I had the home server to use). Around the 15th, my parts made it to him in tip top shape. Jason then said he would ship off his stuff right in the morning. The morning rolled around, but things hit the fan for him. That morning, his son had passed away. To try to help out, I said for him to hold off shipping for 2 weeks, till things got somewhat normal. During this time, Jason had to find a new place to live since him and his wife didn't wanna go back to their old apartment. On November 6th he moved into his new place, and stated he would ship off in a couple days. From this time, until the 17th, another person he had a deal with had come around (hans007 I think) and made a thread that Jason hadn't shipped off his A64 CPU yet. Jason contacted me at this time; to lemme know that during the past week or so, he came down with the stomach flu that was going around. Jason then talked to the guy, and soon after this, Hans had his CPU (at least that's what he said in a thread he started). When I heard this, I literally did a little dance, in hopes that my stuff went out at the same time. On the November 26th, I contacted him to see what the hold up was. His reason behind the lack of communication and such, was that he had the in-laws over for the holidays.

During the time between the 26th & December 5th, I had contacted Minendo for a possible inquiry into what the bloody hold up was. That day, Jason contacted me and poured his heart out in apologies for taking so long. He then said I would for SURE have a PM in the morning, with a DC number along side. On the 8th Jason had contacted me that he had been to the post office, but had ran into a problem. During this whole endeavor, Jason never tried to cash the money order. So, with our luck, ended up the money order wouldn't cash at the post office OR the bank (what in theK). Because of this, and me just enrolling into college a couple weeks before, I was tight on cash. So, we decided I would just get my stuff back, and would just be out the money order (sucks, but that's all we could really do). To make up for some of the problems, Jason offered up a 2.4C in exchange for my 2.4B, so, I took him up on it. From this time until Christmas, he had more family problems (I won't go into detail, since I'm sure he wouldn't want me to, heh'). On January 15th, my motherboard came in, but no cpu! . Supposedly one of his sons was goofing around, and took the CPU outta the box without him noticing when he shipped it off (I thought everyone always finished final taping at the post office it self?). Between then and now, there's only been 5 PM's

Has anyone heard anything from him lately?

Any/All info anyone has will very helpful.
    I would track his phone number and call him up, but I never got his new shipping info once he moved

Thanks!

Heat account - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=17840
    Possible heat account - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=16256

Can any heat admins/mod's do a IP check against the comments/replies he made on his heat account, and to the new account?

EDIT 1 - stupid office characters
    EDIT 2 - fixed the Title
    EDIT 3 - more names & info

~Francisco

---

Links to posts on other forums
    Anandtech - http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1263868
    HardForums - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=740204
    Last edited by confuzzled; 03-10-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Man, he has good heat. Maybe he just has a streak fo bad luck? Idk, your the one losing out. He shouldnt involve his personal life in his business dealings though.
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

Originally posted by sabrewolf732 on 03-10-2004 at 08:31 PM
    Man, he has good heat. Maybe he just has a streak fo bad luck? Idk, your the one losing out. He shouldnt involve his personal life in his business dealings though.
    He did have a buncha bad luck, but over 5 months? come on, I deserve to be treated A LITTLE better than that...In that time, i coulda walked to LA and back, and still have over 4 months of time.

Also, I haven't YET called him a troll, but things have been swaying that way for the past few days. I'll be trying to contact him in the next couple of days to get a final verdict outta it all.

~Francisco

Possible Troll Warning-amdguru..see Link To Story At Anandtech

Last edited by tenax; 03-10-2004 at 06:54 PM.

yeah, but be patient..i broke my ankle and it took about 2 weeks before i could ship sometimes bad things just happen all of the sudden...

But did you keep in contact with your buyers?

See, it's been 5 months since he got my stuff. I have no way of contacting him now. His email's are dead, he hasen't been on ANY forum since the 22nd of last month.

~Francisco

link again for the latest updates..still unresolved.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...E=&STARTPAGE=4

Looks like he got you. The dead family member excuse is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Really ironic timing, his son dies right after he gets your stuff. You have his address, you could go and pick your stuff up yourself, but I'm willing to bet that address is really a post office box at mail boxes etc or something.

This is the work of a public thief. Don't trust anyone that much in the first place. Better yet, don't trust anyone at all. Something to learn and move on, mourning that you made a mistake. Parts swapping is the the biggest risk that anyone could do.
    MSI Eclipse Plus with Intel Xeon W3550, 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair DDR3-1600, BFG 9600GT 512MB
    EVGA E770 Classified 3 with Intel i7 950, 6GB (3x2GB) Mushkin Red 998707 DDR3-2000, EVGA GTX285 SC 1GB
    Asus M4A89GTD-Pro/USB3 with AMD Athlon X2 555 BE and 4GB Crucial Rendition DDR3-1333
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD Athlon A64 4000+, EvGA 7600GT 512MB
    Gigabyte P4M900-M4 Rev. 6.1, P4 3Ghz Prescott, 2GB OCZ Gold (2x1GB), EVGA 6800GS 256MB

lol i been reading these OT for a while and i just gotta say theres no excuse to make a package more then a week behind the shipping date , cept for 2 things your in a hospital witha broke jaw and cant call anyone or your DEAD thats just bout it , the rest of the stories you hear are just lame excuses, boards why would a broke ankle make you not be able to ship for 2 weeks? i dont think you was bed ridden with it was you? oh ya i for almost forgot the 3rd reason you live in the woods and the nearest post office is 300 miles away and your one horse buggie is broke down or stolen or the horse died lol any other excuses dont really constitute such a late shipping date i mean come on now no one is too busy to stop at a PO or so alone they dont have someone else to do it

ive heard alot of stories and excuses and they dont really make up for a 2 month old shipping delay i mean COMEON!

anyhow thats my 2 cents bash me if you want i think im right
    [IMG][/IMG]

Originally posted by ks_tidal on 04-06-2004 at 07:33 AM
    lol i been reading these OT for a while and i just gotta say theres no excuse to make a package more then a week behind the shipping date , cept for 2 things your in a hospital witha broke jaw and cant call anyone or your DEAD thats just bout it , the rest of the stories you hear are just lame excuses, boards why would a broke ankle make you not be able to ship for 2 weeks? i dont think you was bed ridden with it was you? oh ya i for almost forgot the 3rd reason you live in the woods and the nearest post office is 300 miles away and your one horse buggie is broke down or stolen or the horse died lol any other excuses dont really constitute such a late shipping date i mean come on now no one is too busy to stop at a PO or so alone they dont have someone else to do it

ive heard alot of stories and excuses and they dont really make up for a 2 month old shipping delay i mean COMEON!

anyhow thats my 2 cents bash me if you want i think im right
    ROFL

I coulldn't agree more, excpet my horse buggy has never borke down!!!
    looking for a 5GB Athlon

resolution soon check andantake later
    "Ignorance can be cured with Knowledge STUPID,is Forever"