Question

Has anyone else noted that AMD has lowered the maximum recommended processor speed for several of the approved power supplies?

I had just bought several Sparkle FSP300-60BT power supplies based on the fact that the recommended PS list said it would work up to Athlon 1200 (on 3/6/01 - I have a printout) but when I looked at the list last Friday it was only rated to support an Athlon 850!!!

I asked AMD tech support for clarification on Monday as to how and why the changes occurred but as of today I have not recieved any reply. So far the Sparkle PS seems to be stable on my 2 Athlon 1200 systems but I am wondering how I should pick a PS for future systems that will stay approved.

Any thoughts on which power supply is best for continued support? E.g. PC P&C 350ATX?

Also - if anyone knows why the Sparkle was derated I would be interested in knowing the cause. I am guessing that AMD either changed the testing proceedures or Sparkle has had quality control problems.

Wink

Buy the largest one that you can afford. I would recommend at 400w plus to any overclocker.

Pat
    Asus A7V133 133GHz 266 T-Bird 10.0x133 KingMax PC-150 Ram SwifTech 462-A CPU Cooler Enermax 430w P/S Hercules GTS Pro SB MP3 5.1+ Plextor Burner Pioneer DVD BA 7500 Sound

Grandpa's Need For Speed