Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Goodnight sweetheart, well, it's time to go...

... anyone remember that song?

Anyway, I thought I would pop in here and let you guys all know a few things that have been going on...

As many of you probably noticed, I asked that my name be taken off the mod list for SETI a couple of weeks ago. I didn't say anything in a new thread at the time because I was pending a bigger decision.

For those of you who haven't been around too long, about 2 years ago, Old Frog asked that I mod the SETI forum. This was about 6 months after joining the team (and some rather embarassing posts - no links please). For his asking, I am forever grateful. Over the past two years, I have had an absolute blast with you guys. You are like my second family - you froggies, and the other staff members here.

I have submitted my resignation from the site as a Staff member as of this evening. There are many reasons for this, several which I do not want to put in a public forum, but I can tell you that will never forget my time here - both as a mod, and as a team member. From helping new people, to setting up the team site, to receiving help when I needed it, the SETI forum has been my place to turn, 24/7/365.

It's possible that some time off from the site will make me want to come back, but I don't think that will happen.

I wish you all, the very best of luck and prosperity in the future. This team always has been - and always will be - the best.

Crunch On!

Fidel Out.
    Dave
    Retired Dictator

NO YOU CAN NOT LEAVE!!!!!

Dusty

*sniff*

Well Dave....
    Although I do not know the exact reasons for you leaving I do understand. I too went through a similar decision last year after being with a group of people for a considerable amount of time on another site for this game I use to play. I do hope things work out for you and that you come back if you feel like it will work. If not good luck in everything you do!

Nice knowing you...

Huntikk

Take care of yourself Dave
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

Sniff You didn't ask ME if it was ok to leave, what were you thinking? Sniff

Have a good time on your break Dave, you'll be back, I gar-ron-tee it

/Noah attaches bungee cord to Dave's belt
    "Old Schoolin'"
    Intel 486DX/2 50mhz, OC'ed to 75mhz, 64mb DRAM, Seagate 1.2gb HD, 4X CD-ROM, 1mb 32K video, Sound Blaster Live!, Windows 95C.
    3dMark2001 score: 00

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it."

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!
    dammit dave!!!!!

its all about fun.... and this aint fun!!!!!!!

words cant express how much you have meant to the team, and the site........

i certainly appreciate all your help!

It's possible that some time off from the site will make me want to come back, but I don't think that will happen.
    i hope someday you can return...... you know your lilly pad will still be there.....

dave, i hope you, melissa, and your youngster prosper and are happy.....

you always know you got friends here who support you unconditionally!

YOU WILL BE SORELY MISSED!

(I DONT TAKE THESE THINGS WELL! )

Well...I'm not going to like that song anymore

Sorry to see you go Dave. As you know...we'll always be anxious to have you back.

Oh my god. My link to some form of rational thought is destroyed. Don't know what else to say, the world just ain't the same anymore...
    EPoX 8K5A3+ | AXP 2400+ AIUHB '02 wk49 @15X166 2.02V| DD Maze 2 custom water cooled | 2X 256Mb Crucial CT3264Z265.16T | 2X Maxtor 740DX6L 40 GB 7200 RPM ATA 133 RAID0| Pioneer 16X DVD | Plextor 40/12/40a | Case Lian-Li PC68 +USB(2X80mm intake, Sunon | Antec TruPower 480w PSU | MSI G4Ti4600 | Hercules Game Theatre XP, slot 3| Idle 32C / load 34C @ 23C room, 31C case | WinXP Pro build 2600 SP1

Goodbye Dave!

I'm sure you've made up your mind, therefore it will be useless of me to say anything else other than....GoodBye, Good Luck, We'll miss you!

Take care buddy!

i'd rather be happy than right!

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.
    AAAUUUGGHHHH!!!!

Do not open the Pod Bay doors!!! Don't let him do it HAL. Do not sing about daisy, just stop HAL, stop now!!

Well, it's been grand, hope you'll stop by from some from time to time.

Good luck at whatever you set your sights on next.

Unhappy Tis a sad day..........

Well that sucks! Best of luck 'n' don't be a stranger!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is it about being a mod here at amdmb that makes people leave the site? It just seems that the majority of the mods that have resigned/stepped-down have left the site altogether. What is it that drives them away? I can understand getting tired of being a mod, fed up, burned out, or no longer having the time to devote to your duties. But what makes these people leave the site altogether? It just seems that if, for the above mentioned reasons, you no longer want to be a mod that youíd still want to stay around. It makes me wonder if some of the things that past mods have said before departing were true. I donít hang out at any other site/forum, so maybe this phenomenon is normal. Anybody have thoughts or insight? Am I the only one thatís noticed this?

I used to think that it would be sort of cool to be a mod. Now I'm not so sure...

Sorry that I didn't get to know you Dave, but that won't stop me from saying...

If you leave, I am going to change to Intel and stop using SETI!

Ok, maybe that was a bit to drastic, but I hate it when people have to leave what they love. Especially when I just joined the group!

Why oh why!?!?

Love ya Dave!
    Nutcracker
    i5-3570K // Phanteks PH-TC12DX // Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H // MSI GTX 670 PE OC // G.SKILL Sniper 4x4GB DDR3 2133 // Samsung 840 Pro 256GB // WD Blue 1TB 7.2K // WD 74GB 10K (Raptor) x 2 // Corsair AX850 // Corsair Vengeance C70 // BenQ RL2450HT
    Old Rig
    Q6600 // Xigmatek HDT-S1283 // DFI LanParty DK P35-T2RS // EVGA GTX 280 SSC // G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2 800 // WD Blue 640GB 7.2K // X-Fi XG // CORSAIR 750TX // Cooler Master RC690 // HP w2207h

Well, you better be fixing up that old truck. Send pics of the progress.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

Re: Tis a sad day..........

Originally posted by Christop54 on 03-23-2004 at 07:29 PM

What is it about being a mod here at amdmb that makes people leave the site? It just seems that the majority of the mods that have resigned/stepped-down have left the site altogether. What is it that drives them away? I can understand getting tired of being a mod, fed up, burned out, or no longer having the time to devote to your duties. But what makes these people leave the site altogether? It just seems that if, for the above mentioned reasons, you no longer want to be a mod that youíd still want to stay around. It makes me wonder if some of the things that past mods have said before departing were true. I donít hang out at any other site/forum, so maybe this phenomenon is normal. Anybody have thoughts or insight? Am I the only one thatís noticed this?

I used to think that it would be sort of cool to be a mod. Now I'm not so sure...
    i can only tell you dave has his own personal reasons, and as far as i know, holds no resentment towards anybody at amdmb.com, except for the occasional arse who broke the site rules.....

but i personally, from watchin many who have come and gone, that in seti, just like in life, there is evolution.....

it doesnt mean that you cant look back, it just means you have new priorities.....

maybe i am just wishing, but i wouldnt be surprised to see more of dave......... eventually.......

bottom-line....... there is no conspiracy that i know of.......

i am sure i will move on someday....... just not today...