Page 5 of 315 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Re: Folding Frogs Whoohoo Thread

Painful! I havent shut down my main computer for several days, even though I need to install a reset CMOS switch, all because of you! Your gonna blow me away any day now.

Keep up the good work! Maybe i'll catch you sometime down stream.

w000h00

7 fulltime active cpus

Wooo hooo!!

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=327694

My CMOS switch mod.

Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    Painful! I havent shut down my main computer for several days, even though I need to install a reset CMOS switch, all because of you! Your gonna blow me away any day now.

Keep up the good work! Maybe i'll catch you sometime down stream.
    sorry!

crunch on!

i just have some boxes at work at my disposal. If i take a new job, i doubt i will have that option at an office with an actual IT department, besides me.

Antec SLK3700MB
    Abit NF7-S
    XP mobile 35w 2400+ @ 2400
    Thermalright SLK-947u
    Corsair XMS DDR 400 2-3-3-11
    WD Raptor 74 gig SATA
    WD SE 80 gig PATA
    Powercolor 9700pro

This team and community is one of (if not) the best folding communities around. I don't have any good news but I think that our community is something to celebrate.

A perfect example of this would be our F@H flash movie. On a more personal note, a moment that always stands out for me was this thread.

Thank you everyone for an incredible ride. Here I will continue to fold.

It would be nice to be able to look into the future to see if all turns out as we hope, but then we would be just waiting, biding time, treading water, wasting each new day,
    much better to carry on and try to enjoy life in the present, and as we all do, quietly pray for everything to turn out for the better, whenever I see "Coda" on the forums I hope Tim turns out to be his Fathers Son, a man to be proud of.
    Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    It would be nice to be able to look into the future to see if all turns out as we hope, but then we would be just waiting, biding time, treading water, wasting each new day,
    much better to carry on and try to enjoy life in the present, and as we all do, quietly pray for everything to turn out for the better, whenever I see "Coda" on the forums I hope Tim turns out to be his Fathers Son, a man to be proud of.
    Very nicely put

and so true

Thus Always To Tyrants

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    Thank you, Jester. I'm in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda
    Thank you, Jester. I'm in good company.

You always are Coda, just remember that.
    Last edited by _John_Lennon_; 06-11-2004 at 12:58 AM.

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

Dang it Coda, from the tone of your first post I thought you were leaving- either the forum or life itself! after a little digging, It's nice to know you're staying head on over to the bar and I'll buy you a drink in memory of Tim.

w00hoo...nother compy put in case, just need my bootable linux cd back, and ill have another 1ghz..yay
    this thing is so ghetto and loud

I have a craptastic wierd heatsink on, with a 60->80mm adapter, with a TT smart case fan twistied on, then a 92mm smart case fan in back with one screw in an 80mm spot, cuz the fan cable isnt long enough to reach, all inside a beautiful 4-5 year old compaq case....Yeeehaw

pics to come

WOOHOO!!!! I just went garage saling with the wife and ffirend today, and I found a sale that had lots of computer stuf... Mostly old stuff, but interesting stuff none the less.... Anyway, I found a newer MSI board, that the guy said he thought was good, but the company he was dealing with, told him it was bad..... Got it for $5 from him, and sure as the world, it is fine and dandy!!!!! In fact, I am typing this right now with a Live eval CD (Morphix).... I will have another folder up, as soon as I can get some more memory, a spare cpu, and a cd drive.......

Athlon XP 2100
    Asus A7V266-E
    512Mb Crucial PC2100
    IBM 60GB 7200rpm HD
    OEM DVD Burner
    PNY GeForce4 MX 64mb
    Lian Li case
    CentOS 4.4
    (AKA Idahopackersfan2, Woody, Woody1&2)

Just stoppin by to say howdy

glad to see the team doing well "Whoohoo"
    Last edited by DHutson; 06-20-2004 at 12:24 AM.
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

Quote Originally Posted by DHutson
    Just stoppin by to say howdy

glad to see the team doing well "Whoohoo"
    woohoo Hope your doing well as well

Thus Always To Tyrants

Woohoo!!!

With my main rig down, (I hate Epox) I got to get on this old 900Mhz Hp Athlon. (its a t-bird, no wonder she's hot all the time)

Anyway, I finally decided I wanted a better way to monitor it. So after finally re sharing the hard drive, (for typical network reasons) I set up EM III finally, because I noticed SenorP had a EM server it looked like, that set up all his stuff for him.

Well come to find out you have to pay for EM Server?!? So I went looking for a better way.

I already have a small site to dump things into, so what i needed was a program that uploads at intervals to an FTP server.

What i found, was BatchFTP, a free server, that does make you register, but its free to register, and they have a very goo privacy policy, and its worth it anyway.

It looks like the main premise behind BatchFTP is that you can simply create Batches, with are much like batches are in windows, but they do a list of commands, through the FTP server. I was able to setup a batch to connect to my http server, and upload /overwrite a copy of my EM III info that it already creates on its on. And the nice thing, is that it makes it a windows scheduled task, so i could edit further through there, in the start menu is how i get to scheduled tasks. I set it to run till the end of the year, and pretty much every 3 hours. And it only runs for a minute, then closes the task, which closes BatchFTP, after it is opened as well.

And it looks like its working find, w00t!

http://www.dhost.info/drksdeoftheloon/Box1.jpg Thats my HP box that im on, and if this works, i will eventually just write a simple web page that I can view at my leisure, that includes my other two rigs.

Has anyone else done something similar to this, or ever wanted to? I would be glad to help more people with this if need be, im sure more people have wanted something like the EM III server, but havnt felt the money was justified enough to spend to get it.