Pre-9/11 Breifing

I would like your take on this.

I would first like to point out that I am just a dumb senior in Highschool, any incorrect spellings or information can be acredited to that, my lazyness, and the poor education I have recieved .

Anywho, For anyone that does not know where I am comming from, I was presented with the argument in govenment that President bush had information that Osama wanted to attack america, That FBI had seen some of the terrorist that bombed the towers, and that even after recieving info of planned attacks, President bush did nothing, and even had a months vacation.

Me, being an uninformed and stupid Senior, Challenged my Teacher (Extreme Liberalist) and friend (Extreme Liberalist) by saying I thought the information was Shady and even if he had done something and Had prevented an attack that the US media would have convicted him because of his paranoid behavior for doing things like raising security.

This is not the exact time line so the argument pretty much ends there.

Yes my teacher and friend are extreme liberals and have attacked Bush ever since he has run for president on everything he has said. The even make comments like "Bush has not done anything right and is taking everyone to hell", or "Bush is a LIAR, Clition was impeached for Lieing, IMPEACH BUSH", or my favorite, "<I comment on something bush has done which I think is good> You are wrong and an extreme conservitive that does not get any oppion from anyone but your parents." The last one is funny because I get it from my friend who I have constantly heard repeat the same things his mother has said to me previously of a political manner.

Now you know my background. Im prepaired for the flames. (Got marshmellows and everythings )

AMD 3500+ Newcastle
    ASUS A8V Deluxe WI-FI edition
    VGA ATI Radeon 9600XT
    2x512 XMS PC3200
    Maxator 80gig hd
    Rosewill 52x32x52x16 CD/DVD drive
    SB LIVE! 5.1
    400W Coolmaster Power supply
    Coolmaster Centurion
    Custom Water cooling setup!

Just one little comment: Good to see that those charged with educating the youth of this nation check their politics at the door and stick to the curriculum.

[/sarcasm off]

On a serious note, as you begin to form your own opinions (not just repeating your parents), invest some time online and find your own support for those opinions. (This goes for anyone really, regardless of which side of the fence you like to sit.) Then, when you are presented with their opinions, you are better equipped to support your own opinions with facts from the research you have done.

It is good to see someone that is just a senior in high school that is interested in more than cars, girls, and getting drunk on the weekend (there will be plenty of time for that later, and it is a lot more fun when you can afford faster cars, better booze, and better women )

no your in good company here, this site breaks the stereotype of liberal highschool/college techies. Now if you go post that in the BBC's political or hot topic forum.....

Form your own personal opinions as the facts are presented to you and as you do your own research. Don't ever stick a label to it. It stifles rational discussion.

The 9/11/2001 attacks in america were in the planning stages for years before they were executed.

Any attempt to blame past or present administrations is ludicrous.

We as a nation were complacent and learned a very painful lesson.

Instead of trying to affix blame, it would be much more advantagous to focus on the future and prevention.
    Last edited by SteveW; 04-16-2004 at 01:51 AM.

Here's a lesson Cogman. I'm telling you now that Al Queda will attack in the near future. Thats all the info I have. Oh yeah they may use airplanes. Now, Cogman, Knowing that racial profiling will not be acceptable to the liberals, ie you cant stop middle easterners from flying, How would you stop the attack? You really can't right? This is a huge country and without specific information there is nothing you can do.

Also you need to see your principal about that pinko teacher. No government teacher should be poilitical. And tell that teacher that clinton had info on the 2 embassy bombings, 2 wtc bombings, the USS Cole bombing, and the Kobar towers bombing, yet he did nothing. Id like to see how the teacher responds.
    amd 2500+@2200ish mhz
    ati 9800 pro
    msi kt6 delta lsr
    1024 mb of PC3200 ram
    2X80 gb wd800jb non raid
    Audigy platinum ex
    at least a six pack o beer
    a64 coming soon

Re: Pre-9/11 Breifing

Don't worry about spelling on here. People care mostly about ideas and you only see people babbling about grammar when things get really heated.

I would suggest that instead of openly challenging these 'liberals' that you come up with your own ideas and talk about how they contradict yours. You're young and should come up with your own ideas. I would suggest visiting the less biased forms of media and come up with your own ideas, not just follow what the party line is.

There was information to be had all summer that something big was brewing. There were numerous things that went wrong in the government and intelligence community. George W. was and is the head of all of that so of course some of this is his fault. The lack of followthrough on the USS Cole investigation, the lack of prioritization on terrorist throughout the administration pre-9/11 and the failure to push for safeguards following the warnings of the summer of 2001 are some places where I see him at fault. Do I think he should burn for these? No, but I think that he should be held accountable in some ways and he certainly should appologize.

It seems as if your argument against GWB doing something pre-9/11 is that the media would have gone against him. Is that really a justification for not doing anything? How many people in government do you think screamed about this idea and put their careers at stake? A good leader will always be willing to put his/her career or position on the line. It is the one leading characteristic of a leader.

You seem like a smart person and there is no need for you to be uninformed. Read a newspaper or two every day. Take some courses in history and political science. Then you will be able to challenge those around you on their ideas. Maybe in doing that you will see that some of your ideas are flawed and they may do likewise.

A teacher shouldn't show that much bias from my perspective. The best teachers will inspire people to come up with their own thoughts. Unfortunately, our culture really isn't condusive to anything other than I'm conservative/Republican so I think this and vice versa.

Thank you for your info. The discussion at hand has been dropped, and I do have to agree that bush dropped the ball at that point. HOWEVER, I do not believe that we should impeach him and ban him from all political offices. Thanks for your oppions again

AMD 3500+ Newcastle
    ASUS A8V Deluxe WI-FI edition
    VGA ATI Radeon 9600XT
    2x512 XMS PC3200
    Maxator 80gig hd
    Rosewill 52x32x52x16 CD/DVD drive
    SB LIVE! 5.1
    400W Coolmaster Power supply
    Coolmaster Centurion
    Custom Water cooling setup!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    The 9/11/2001 attacks in america were in the planning stages for years before they were executed.

Any attempt to blame past or present administrations is ludicrous.

We as a nation were complacent and learned a very painful lesson.

Instead of trying to affix blame, it would be much more advantagous to focus on the future and prevention.
    Terrorists are such a pain in the ass because the US government has to keep a perfect record day after day... and the terrorists just need to get a sinlge hail mary pass through to be succesful.

And they will eventually get through again one day.