Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation VB 3.0 -- The Constructive Criticism / Member Suggestions Thread

With the new style coming out in the past 36 hours, Tenax, I, and I'm sure several others have thought about a 'constructive criticism' thread.

This thread is designed for the members to suggest a way to make them feel more comfortable with the new software and the style here at PCP/AMDMB.

Now, here comes the catch. I will without a doubt or a second thought, delete any posts that are derogatory, not helpful, or simply out of line.

Good examples of that would be:

"I think the new style sucks - get rid of it." - This post doesn't give suggestions on how to improve the style...it does nothing in fact.

"**** THESE FORUMS I'M GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE" - ...this one's pretty obvious.

The current suggestions that we've received and are discussing and working on are as follows:

• Add a Case/PSU line to the 'My System' Feature. (this one has been approved and will be implemented soon)
    • Moving the ads back to the right-hand side.
    • New styles / Getting rid of the purple background.
    Last edited by Namek; 04-17-2004 at 10:05 PM.

Re: VB 3.0 -- The Constructive Criticism / Member Suggestions Thread

bump and can we sticky?

Done.

As I know all stickies are ignored, I'll sticky this one to make sure it gets some attention

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Namek
    Done.

As I know all stickies are ignored, I'll sticky this one to make sure it gets some attention

Alex
    haha..maybe if you'll let it float for now, it'll get more reads..i get the point, N

anyway, on the note of this thread, it'll be great to get member feedback as we try to address issues..it's also the opportunity to share details on exciting new options now available and subjects we've discussed already, including:

colours- there is expected at some point to be more colour options than the current.there are currently 2 i believe and more are expected to come so, members..please be patient.

if you haven't noticed, please note that you can now download your pms in various formats and save them for your records without keeping them on file in your pm box..very cool!

Add more cellpadding to the tables. Notice on the forum home page, everything is like 1px away from the edges of the cell.

IIRC you can edit the styleset properties, in the TD, TR, etc tag, and add padding: (pixels)px;.

On the AMDMB styleset ,make the colors like we had them before.

Other than that..I love it!
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

It would be much better if the banner that is currently on the left can be moved to the right.

More smilies also.

The look of the older green colour layout was very good, the current background colour makes each and every post "stand out" less.

The colour of the old layout is much easier on the eye IMO, all the posts now look less interesting with this new background colour.

A bit of tweaking needed, should be a pretty quick and simple task.
    Last edited by Way_2_FAT; 04-17-2004 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Almost forgot...

Remove the 10-char minimum post requirement. Not good for FS/FT threads, word association, etc..

Also, on the quick reply...I hate how you have to click the button just to use it! Defeats the whole purpose. Go to vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options and select No for the "Require click for Quick Reply" option...
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

the only thing i dont like is the way to quick reply i dont like clicking on that so i can type

I really don't like the new layout. Lots of links are gone and familiar things are not there. Why did you make the change? Reminds me of OCforums now

At least to my eye, the skin colors are all a bit too pastel and washed out. If it isn't obnoxious to do, adding two more skins, one for PCPer and one for AMDMB with bolder colors might be a good idea.

Yes, already said this, but not here in the official suggestion forum.

I know WHY the adds are too the left, but I did like the adds to the right more. So add that in.

Would a line for CPU cooling be too much to add to the system specs thread?

edit: Agree with the method used to do a quick reply by BSOD. Seems kind of counter intutive to click on an icon in a post, just so one can type in the quick reply text box. Even if there is gray text explaining to do exactly that.

Can't think of much else, already almost used to the new setup, and really other then the comments above, overall like the new setup. Even the colors aren't horrid, just make me feel more like I'm posting on a board for "Martha Stewart Living" or "Lifetime Network", not a computer forum.

Err...I assume. NO, I don't lurk or post on Martha Stewart of Lifetime network fan forums.

Me

I also highly dislike the "click here to do the quick reply" thing - it's annoying.

JM, thanks for the fix on that one...

Alex

Can we change the forum icons there not very appealing I really preffered the amdmb icon that was next to them.

Also I find this new VB3 harder to navigate it used to be easyer to read the thread titles.

Yeah, really don't like the color selection either. The white text on blue background really is hard on my eyes, and I've never noticed anything being hard on my eyes before The old color scheme and layout was ideal, and comforting to see too. I got home from my 8 hour test and opened IE (this is my home page). I was like, " WHAT THE H***???" Seriously, too much like OCForums, don't like it.

PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!
    Last edited by Ryan; 04-18-2004 at 01:06 AM. Reason: This borders on being useless....keep the CONSTRUCTIVE ideas coming....

I don't like the reply system/tree and the fact that it quotes the post before you no matter what. I like the generalized "REPLY" button from AMDMB.

Also, I think the color scheme is too generic - almost every other OC forum uses a blue/white/greyish color scheme.