Page 103 of 428 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 6418
    ahhh

I am alive I made it threw the sickness storm that devoured the last 24hours of my life.

Don't you just hate those virus attacks that hit yourself from time to time! I was so ill for those hours till I fevered and broke it /coolme shudders.

Sorry I missed the food gryphyn.

Hey Coolme. Sorry about the sickness.

Flu bugs have been fluttering around here as well. I was coming down with something earlier last week. Jim is "under the weather" as well... but I suspect he just wants to spend time at home.

iFaQ:
    I like UPS too. It gives a whole new twist to those "Your personal UPS guy/gal" commercials.

- Jerky.
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    You too eh Coolme? Been suffering over here too. Not sure what it is, but you know somethings up when your shivering like crazy and sweating buckets at the same time. First day at work this week as a result. Hope I can make it through okay, I got one hell of a backlog.

Well, good news is that my new mobo arrived yesterday MSI KT4VL. Seems like a nice board, but I haven't really tried anything much with it yet. Got to say, I love the quietness of my new Antec TruePower 430W too, much nicer than the 300W that came with my 1030 case.

The only thing that concerns me is that I tried setting all the memory timings to where I had them on my old shuttle & I couldn't get into windows I'll have to try one at a time & see where I get to.

Incidentally, it seems that I may not have destroyed my old mobo after all When I was putting my new mobo in, when I first tried to power up nothing happened - just like with the old one. Well, for some reason I decided to try a different power cord & then it worked !!!!! I had been using a cord from the UK with a fuse in the plug, which must have blown when I had the "incident". Now I need to test the old mobo to see if it still works. Haven't told the missus that story yet - don't have the guts

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by Jerky
    Jim is "under the weather" as well... but I suspect he just wants to spend time at home.
    HEY!!! I heard that. It ain't true - honest

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Hmmm... let's piece this all together shall we?

- Jim's new computer arrives yesterday from NewEgg.
    - Jim's at home 'sick'

"*cough* Hey (insert boss' name). I'm *hack* sick."

Translation:

"I'm waiting for UPS to show up with my package."

(Insert RAM/HDD/floppy jokes here)
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

Floppies are no joke!!!

My rigs My Games

Yeah....special delivery. Ha!. Hope you feel better Jimbob.

Originally posted by jimzinsocal
    Yeah....special delivery. Ha!. Hope you feel better Jimbob.
    Thanks man. Yeah, gradually improving. At least I managed to crawl into the office today.

My rigs My Games

Hey to Jerky.

Hmmm... let's piece this all together shall we?

- Jim's new computer arrives yesterday from NewEgg.
    - Jim's at home 'sick'

"*cough* Hey (insert boss' name). I'm *hack* sick."

Translation:

"I'm waiting for UPS to show up with my package."

At least I went in to show the Boss how sick I was.

Its Alive, my new rig that is. 1 doa dvd drive, and lots of TLC for the new rig. 12 hrs no problems.
    I want to thank all those who enjoyed Mondays Dinner for cleaning up, it was a delight to see all the happy faces eating every last bite.

Jerky-I saved more for you in the 2nd fridge,check it out.
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    AMD 630 Propus @3.22 mhz
    4G XMS DDR3
    Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 160 seagate sata raid 0
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

Originally posted by gryphyn
    At least I went in to show the Boss how sick I was.
    Yeah, me too - today at least. But not for much longer I think. Feeling like crap this afternoon. Need a couple of hours of shut-eye I think, then we'll see how things are.

btw G, let us know how that new vid card goes Lucky bugger!!!!

My rigs My Games

j1mb0b- Just talked to JM,Last week I told him to enjoy it till I got this rig up. I just let him know the [bad news(for him)] good news bout my rig n he's shipping it tomorrow.
    And thanks for the help with dinner Monday.

G
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    AMD 630 Propus @3.22 mhz
    4G XMS DDR3
    Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 160 seagate sata raid 0
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

Hey everyone... I'll take the best ya got, I need to kick back and relax. Was in WalMart for 3 1/2 hours while mom was at her doctors appointment Oh well, at least they had The Scorpian King in the DVD player

Went into a computer shop today, was quite surprised. Full retail copies of MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 95, and Windows ME were the only OSs on their shelf

Jim: Glad to hear ya got your new mobo. The TP430 is quite a bit quieter then the PP303X? I'm thinking of getting a new TP430 one of these days. What do they go for these days? I'm to lazy to check

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

LOL. What's MS-DOS?

And yeah, the TP430 is really quiet compared to the PP303. Doesn't push through as much air, but it's thermally controlled I believe. I guess antec know what they're doing
    Last edited by j1mb0b; 11-07-2002 at 02:19 AM.

My rigs My Games

'morning all. How's it going? I'm finally feeling more like myself & got into the office and managing to get some work done at last.

pacmanfan. Sorry, forgot the 2nd part of your question. I picked mine up from bestbuy.com for $99, but I can use my CC to pricematch that to the lowest I can find it - something like $60 or $65 right now.

My rigs My Games