Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 160 seagate sata raid 0
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

Well, how was everyone's weekend?

I actually had a pretty relaxing one.

LAZY on friday, CLEANED HOUSE on Saturday then went to a Halloween party. I will post some pics of my costume when I get them back. I think eveyone would get a kick out of them!

Didn't finish Morrowind, but I did get a good bit closer. I at least know I will be done before the Tribunal expansion comes out!

I also got to help out with a build that I mentioned earlier. My friend put together his new setup and let me tell you its a SCREAMER!!!!!!

Here is his specs:
    SOYO KT400
    AMD 2400 @ 166 FSB/ 13.5 Multi/ 1.8 cpu V =2.25 Ghz (2800+) Temps running around 42 idle and 50 load
    XMS 3000 512mb 2.5 cas with TURBO settings
    R9700 Pro ( I think he got his OC to 340/315)

Anyway, the verdict was AMAZING. I took my CFS3 over ( I can run only at 1280 without stuttering and hiccups. He is running 1920X1440! SMOOTH AS GLASS! Of course we both had to do the necessary tweaks in the CFG file (PM me if you need em). No crashes in gameplay after an hour followed immediately by UT2003!

UT2003 @ 1600X1200 yields a 50+ FPS rate in ANY map even with bots. EXAMPLE: FACE 3 with 3 bots, SLAUGHTERHOUSE with 3 bots, and of course ANTALUS with 3 bots! No crashes save for one when we tried to turn the AA all the way up. Something is up with that AA on the ATI! I am seriously thinking thats a DRIVER issue now that it seems all games have trouble with this card and AA!

I really wish I knew how Morrowind would run on it. I just know it would be AWESOME!

The only real GRIPE I had ( he was too happy with his new system to care) was the fact that it WOULD not run 3Dmark no matter what setup he tried? Powerstrip showed his card runing at 8X as did 3Dmark the one time he got it to run (before moving the FSB from 133 to 166) he yielded 13980. I really wanted to know what he was getting with the 166 FSB but it would never get past the first test without crashing! In fact ANY OC whether at 133 or 166 caused this to happen? Interesting huh? I was thinking it may have something to do with the Rev 1.0 9700 he had. That would be contrary to what the ATI reps told me when I called about mine. I was going to RMA it if it would be trouble down the road. The rep said that it made NO difference what Rev card you had and that it was JUST a problem with a few cards. Of course, he may have been TOLD to say that! I don't know, it would drive me crazy!

I will say this, the 3Dmark issue outstanding, that new AMD XP proc is one HECK of an OCer! He got a 220 MHz jump with a SLK-800!

My advice would be from what I have seen is wait for a working /6 divider. This will give the added stability to run the DDR400 with a nicely matched CPU FSB. Even then if your looking for a DEAL, when the KT400 boards are around $100 and the 2400+ is around $150 (US) I don't think you would be dissapointed. And don't even think about buying DDR400 with a kt400 board, it's just not worth it IMO!

Just my $.o2, but I know alot of people are itching to upgrade now (including myself) but BE patient, I am banking that things are about to get a WHOLE lot better in AMD land!
    Last edited by CRAG; 10-28-2002 at 12:15 AM.
    MY RIG:

Fx60
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    2GB OCZ DDR 3200
    2X7800GTX
    AUDIGY 2
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    SONY DVD
    TDK CDRW

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    Originally posted by CRAG
    My advice would be from what I have seen is wait for a working /6 divider. This will give the added stability to run the DDR400 with a nicely matched CPU FSB. Even then if your looking for a DEAL, when the KT400 boards are around $100 and the 2400+ is around $150 (US) I don't think you would be dissapointed. And don't even think about buying DDR400 with a kt400 board, it's just not worth it IMO!

Just my $.o2, but I know alot of people are itching to upgrade now (including myself) but BE patient, I am banking that things are about to get a WHOLE lot better in AMD land!
    You talking to me ? You know I ain't even got a system worth talking about right now, and you come up with THAT?

I am SO hoping that VIA get their fingers out their butts very soon & release the KT400A - just like that quote from iWill implied

Anyway, just so you all know I am now safe & sound in Bay City, TX. It's not all bad - I got DSL at the motel So there's no getting rid of me I'm afraid guys

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

I read an article at the inquier this weekend that implied there would BE no "kt400a" but with VIA, there may be and we may never know!

I will see if I can find the link. It suggests that the K8 chipsets are ready and waiting for AMD to get off there butts!
    MY RIG:

Fx60
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    2GB OCZ DDR 3200
    2X7800GTX
    AUDIGY 2
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    SONY DVD
    TDK CDRW

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium
    You're kidding, right? I wish I remember where it was, but there was an article with pics of 3 iwill boards. The quote from iwill was that the 3rd one was based on the kt400a which would be released "very soon".

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

NOPE, here is the article and there is NO mention of the kt400a, BUT there is mention of a new southbridge controller. I wonder if the problem could be there? Wasn't that the problem with the original 266 chipset from VIA?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5919

Doesn't really say there will not be one though...

WHO KNOWS?
    MY RIG:

Fx60
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    2GB OCZ DDR 3200
    2X7800GTX
    AUDIGY 2
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    SONY DVD
    TDK CDRW

As far as I remember, the old KT266 memory controller wasn't all that, not sure they even changed the souithbridge for the kt266a. I guess a similar thing could be said of the kt400. Wish I could find that link - but it's lost in my list of hundreds of pages visted over the last week I pretty sure there will be a kt400a, it's more a question of when. Like I said, according to this article it should be "very soon"

My rigs My Games

Good morning people...

ugh. Another Monday. Looks like its going to be another busy week for me.

CRAG, Coolme, and Tigress, glad to see both of you around.

Unfortunately, not much posting from here over the next few days.

Hope everyone is doing well.

- Jerky.
    Mobile Editor - PC Perspective
    Follow me on Twitter

Morning Jerky, You lounging like me today?
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    AMD 630 Propus @3.22 mhz
    4G XMS DDR3
    Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

Morning gryphyn and Jerky. Did you guys catch the series last night?

No, Iwas stuck with Honey do's Then forgot till too late. GrrrrI missed it. Was it a good game? Since I missed it I didnt want to see the highlights.
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    AMD 630 Propus @3.22 mhz
    4G XMS DDR3
    Gigabyte 5570
    1 120 ide boot
    2 500g wd sata raid 0
    Win 7
    850 Thermaltake psu

Originally posted by gryphyn
    No, Iwas stuck with Honey do's Then forgot till too late. GrrrrI missed it. Was it a good game? Since I missed it I didnt want to see the highlights.
    It was ok. SF had a chance to tie at the last play but it just was not meant to be. Woke up this morning to the headlines here in Dallas...Emmit Smith takes place as NFL's top runner. SWEET!!!!

Looks like everyone has been pretty busy lately! Whats everyone up to? I worried about the Bar! I think the bartender may be fallin down on his Job!
    MY RIG:

Fx60
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    2GB OCZ DDR 3200
    2X7800GTX
    AUDIGY 2
    120GB Seagate Barracuda
    SONY DVD
    TDK CDRW

Good morning

Lets kick some life back in here!

I have some refreshing green tea made which is worth trying and I have some rather fine and delicious decaf coffee percing away, the best thing about this blend of decaf is it just tastes the same as real coffee It is new on the market and made by Kenco.

I am gonna try and stop playing UTK3 all the time and just most of the time instead

Yeah, been awful quiet in here recently hasn't it - the profits are plummiting. Guess Jerky's been busy & I've been away all week, so the two biggest boozers just haven't been setting pace on consumption. After a week in Bay City, TX I'm ready for a really long stiff one Drink that is!!!

Hey Gryphyn, have you seen the good news ? CONGRATS man!!!! Glad it was you Would have beem better if it were me, but mods couldn't enter

My rigs My Games