problelm with my new RAPTOR 76GB drive

Just got my new drive and im dying to see it work!!
    first problem i ran into... can't install xp pro on it. I already got xp on my SATA seagate drive but dunno why it won't install on the raptor.

i disable the seagate one before installing the new xp on to raptor.
    everytime after windows copy the installion files on to the raptor it will say press enter to reboot or wait 15 sec to rebboot. after that i will go thru all the post and past then go to the screen where its suppose to finish with the rest of the installation. but it says invailid disk. I got the serial drivers install already too using the SI 3112 drivers. My mobo is a NF7-S rev 2.

Also does anyone know what is the jumper PM2 suppose to do?..
    its a oem drive and came with no documentation.

thanks in advance

Re: problelm with my new RAPTOR 76GB drive

Quote Originally Posted by AMD.exe
    Just got my new drive and im dying to see it work!!
    first problem i ran into... can't install xp pro on it. I already got xp on my SATA seagate drive but dunno why it won't install on the raptor.

i disable the seagate one before installing the new xp on to raptor.
    everytime after windows copy the installion files on to the raptor it will say press enter to reboot or wait 15 sec to rebboot. after that i will go thru all the post and past then go to the screen where its suppose to finish with the rest of the installation. but it says invailid disk. I got the serial drivers install already too using the SI 3112 drivers. My mobo is a NF7-S rev 2.

Also does anyone know what is the jumper PM2 suppose to do?..
    its a oem drive and came with no documentation.

thanks in advance
    Put the jumper back in the factory default position if you have allready moved it. There is no reason to change it. Hang loose for more replies

Quote Originally Posted by BWM
    Put the jumper back in the factory default position if you have allready moved it. There is no reason to change it. Hang loose for more replies

yeah.. switch it back already, didn't work . still seraching for answer.

This is the exact message i get... after reboot of xp installion...

Windos could not start cause of computer disk hardware configuration problem.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware.

My set up is ... first boot floopy ... 2nd Serial ATA 3rd CDrom

i put my raptor on SATA 2nd channel with the Seagate 160 SATA on the first SATA channel and it boot find and i went into windows and test the drive out by copying a file to it and running it...and it seems to be working fine.
    also im using the sillicon 3112 for win XP as drivers for the SATA there is 3114 drivers but its for windows xp/2003 not sure the exact difference...

im using i believe tic tac modded bios d23... but im not certain. ..
    and way to be certain?

could it be bios or is it winxp detected hardware change and won't let me install ??

dunno...
    help
    Last edited by AMD.exe; 04-20-2004 at 12:29 AM.

Are you using the latest Silicon Image drivers the version 1.0.0.47s? The 3114 drivers are for a different Silicon Image Controller. Hmm. When you started the installation which I'm not sure it should make any difference. Why don't you have "CD" as the first BOOT device? Have you tried to copy the drivers onto a different Floppy disK? You are getting the option to Select the Drivers for the Operating System you are using? Is there any other HDDs attached during the installation?

Just a note the Jumper cap should be on the 1-2 pin or removed altogether.
    Last edited by themortarman; 04-20-2004 at 03:24 AM.