Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Custom AMD Waterblock i made!

stiLLmatiC - I live in SAN DIEGO I can pick it up=free shipping, lol

note about HDD cooler: Your biggest challenge will probably be mating the surface of the spindle to the surface of the waterblock. I'll try to be more helpful tomorrow.

PS - Mounting, mounting, mounting! I see you have six thingies to attach the top of the block to the base, but AMD and Intel have "white papers" that will tell you about there mounting hole distances. I'll provide a link when I'm more helpful(tomorrow).

PPS - maybe have hex screws that come up through the bottom and anchor into the base of the top. That way I could buy bigger hex screws and mount a cold plate and Peltier to it!

AMD new white paper shows where to place the load for your CPU block.

Update: I madea new design and prionted it out, i am taking all my WB desgns to a fair in san diego. I hope i place and get a copy of CAD and other programs. As well as a prize or something.

nice looking block, I'll beta test one of those for ya if you want, I'll pay shipping too,
    Opty 165 X2 0550 @ 3 gigs 24/7!
    DFI ULTRA-D ADO (BIOS 623)
    Gskill HX pc3200, 2 gigs @ 278fsb
    Zippy 700/74gig Raptor / 250 gig WD
    Case = 7077 LianLi
    g5'd/PA120.3'd/RD20'd/3603'd
    HEAT = Fareastgq

Ah, that's starting to look very nice. Is that using a jet design in the middle? I can't tell from what you've posted.
    That's a sweet rig in your sig, but does it fold?

DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

SADLY, no I did not go with teh Jet-stream idea as the cover. water jsut flows right through those spikes in the middle. And If i were to sell it.. I would recommend a high-GPH pump that can handle the small crevices in here. Like a 370GPH+ or something of that sort.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Looks like fun... but take into consideration the idea that there needs to be a tool which can carve your copper stock to those tolerances! I remember Cathar talking about having trouble finding drill bits that small; if I'm reading your plan correctly, you would need a .03" drill bit for the CNC mill to carve the channells between the hex pillars?

Ouch... I dunno if there IS such an animal... :shrug: But Cathar was doing it over a year ago, and in Australia... San Diego has some Aerospace Tech folks around; maybe you CAN have it done. Have a good time with it, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    if I'm reading your plan correctly, you would need a .03" drill bit for the CNC mill to carve the channells between the hex pillars?

Ouch... I dunno if there IS such an animal... :shrug: But Cathar was doing it over a year ago, and in Australia... San Diego has some Aerospace Tech folks around; maybe you CAN have it done. Have a good time with it, man!
    Yeah, Australia is one of those back-water nations where we've just discovered the wonders of steam power. We keep hearing about this new-fandangled electricity thing, but meh, watching lightning start off bush-fires is about the only use we see for it.

1/32" is ~0.03", and that is indeed the sized mill bits that we were using here.

Still, not too sure about attempting to cut through copper with one. They are no longer than about 1/10" (can't cut deeper than that), and they are so fine they you need to go extremely slow with them in metal, which is why we only used it on plastics.
    Last edited by Cathar; 05-13-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Motherboard: Abit NF7-S Rev2.0, 2 x 256MB Corsair XMS3500C2 memory
    CPU:Barton XP2500+ @ 2.82GHz/2.15v, Cascade SS CPU waterblock
    Media: Seagate 60GB, Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM, Lite-On 24/10/40A CD-RW
    AGP/PCI Cards: Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro, nForce 2 NIC, nForce 2 on-board sound
    Case: Codegen S-201 server case, Antec 550W TruControl PSU
    Peripherals: Sony G400 19" Monitor

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

I wasn't knocking Australia, mate.... It's just that here in the 'States at least, getting prototypes carved out in cities which have large Aerospace facilities is a lot easier than getting it done in, say, New York City.

I wasn't knocking Australia, mate....
    Anyone got a tongue-in-cheek smiley? I really did need one for my post above...

Motherboard: Abit NF7-S Rev2.0, 2 x 256MB Corsair XMS3500C2 memory
    CPU:Barton XP2500+ @ 2.82GHz/2.15v, Cascade SS CPU waterblock
    Media: Seagate 60GB, Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM, Lite-On 24/10/40A CD-RW
    AGP/PCI Cards: Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro, nForce 2 NIC, nForce 2 on-board sound
    Case: Codegen S-201 server case, Antec 550W TruControl PSU
    Peripherals: Sony G400 19" Monitor

I wasn't knocking Australia, mate.... It's just that here in the 'States at least, getting prototypes carved out in cities which have large Aerospace facilities is a lot easier than getting it done in, say, New York City.
    I hate NYC!!!

UPdate: Remember how i entered my designs into a fair? Guess what? I got BEST IN CLASS and i am invited to a breakfast on the 28th or so at DEL MAR. out of liek 300 students.. i won. This is truly a landmark for my achievements.

Very cool. So does this mean you'll have a prototype soon?
    That's a sweet rig in your sig, but does it fold?

DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

Looking good man. Can't wait to see the final product. Be sure to post up the results too. Good luck .
    A64 3000+ (245x10 @ 1.55v)
    Stock Cooling
    Chaintech VNF3-250 (BIOS 7/29)
    PDP XBL (512mbx2)
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Fortron 530w PSU
    1xWD Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by stiLLmatiC
    UPdate: Remember how i entered my designs into a fair? Guess what? I got BEST IN CLASS and i am invited to a breakfast on the 28th or so at DEL MAR. out of liek 300 students.. i won. This is truly a landmark for my achievements.
    thats awesome! happy for you, the design looks really nice! when can i get one shipped here?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present