OK Frogs, at long last I found enough time to put together a new 1v1 DM ladder for UT2K4. Mostly, it's pretty much the same as the last ladder, but there's a few minor changes to the rules... so read VERY carefully
It works like this:
By way of example,
- Each person in the ladder is able to challenge anyone else in the ladder up to three places ahead at the time of the challenge. Note that folks on the inactive list are not counted for the purposes of identifying who you can challenge. A list of the current standings and folks on the inactive roster can be found in the following post.
- The challenge must be officially made in this thread and played within 7 days. Challenges made by any other means will not be considered official and will not hold in the case of a dispute by another challenge that has been made officially.
- Challenges cannot be turned down so long as they adhere to the rules laid down here. Arrangements for the match should be made by PM or other suitable alternative.
- Each player can only have one challenge on at a time. Thus, if a player has an outstanding challenge not yet played, they can neither challenge anyone else, nor can they be challenged.
- If a challenge is not played within 7 days, it will be considered invalid and removed from the challenge list. This will have no impact on the position of the players on the ladder.
- The challenger determines the game mods that are used for the match (could be all weapons, instagib, quad jump, whatever whets your whistle).
- The challenger picks the server, but it cannot be on his own LAN. Any of the FF servers should be available for these matches so long as you give the admin plenty of notice.
- Each match will involve a single round on each of the following maps until someone wins 3 maps. It is up to the challenger to specify the map order if desired.
- The map winner will be the one with the most frags after 10 minutes of game play (and overtime if necessary), or the first to reach 25 frags, whichever comes first.
- If the challenger wins then the two players swap places on the ladder. If the challenger loses, then nothing happens.
- A challenger can only challenge each of those above him once per 14 days (so you can't keep playing the same person until you beat them).
- Just to make sure that everyone stays involved, you are required to play in at least one match every two weeks. For every week beyond that period that you do not play, you will lose one rung on the ladder.
- To avoid penalties due to inactivity during periods when you know you cannot play, let me know and I will place you on the Out Of Commision list so that no-one can challenge you and you will not receive any inactivity penalties.
- At the end of the match, PM me with the result. We suggest you take screen pics of the results to ensure there are no debates later, but I don't want copies of these unless there's a dispute.
- Once your result has been added to the standings, please check that the match result is right.
- The initial order of the ladder will be in the sign-up order, so I get to be the top man.... at least for now
- dna is only allowed to use the shield gun.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention - please use this thread to sign-up for the ladder and ask for rule clarification, have general discussion and talk smack
- There are 6 players with starting order A, B, C, D, E, F.
- F could challenge C,D or E but not B or A. E would be able to challenge D, C, or B but not A.
- If D challenged A and won then the order would become D, B, C, A, E, F.
- However, if D fails to play for 3 weeks the order becomes B, D, C, A, E, F.
- If he fails to play for another week, it then becomes B, C, D, A, E, F.
Don't forget that UT2K4 now supports spectators using it's new TV mode, so maybe we can set up some exhibition matches.....
I'll finalize the map list this weekend, so challenges can start on Monday May 3rd. In the meantime, sign up here - and remember that the sooner you sign up, the higher on the ladder you will start