Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: UT2K4 1v1 Deathmatch Ladder

Quote Originally Posted by jonny roggles
    im in . wont be able to play for a little, cpu problems. please put compressed as one the maps.
    Yeah, yeah, you just want Compressed because you know where the hidden power ups are and everyone else doesn't Personally I hate Compressed although not quite as much as I hate Serpentine
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

I'll be finalizing that damn map list tonight.... had hoped to get to it over the weekend, but we've been weltering in 80+ heat and with no AC, I really didn't feel like turning my space heater on

Coda..... admin rights? Oh, I don't even remember you sending me the password, let alone remember the password LOL

Kami, some of those maps even are too big.... I've been trying them all 1v1 with bots. I've got a short list which I just need to cut one or two more out of.

JR.... Compressed? hmmmm, we'll see

Mirage..... let's get the stats tracking on, though we won't be using it for tracking the ladder (at least for now).

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    Can we challenge 5 or 3 ahead? The rules say 5 but the example suggests only 3. Unless I'm just confused
    Not you, my heads ain't communicating real well lately

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

I know some of those maps were too big for 1 vs 1, but they are whats listed as 1 vs 1 on the DM map list. maybe you put out an official list and whoever is tasked with server duties, let them decide the maps for the two players, that way no one has an advantage and there would be no way to get the upper hand. Just a suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee
    I know some of those maps were too big for 1 vs 1, but they are whats listed as 1 vs 1 on the DM map list. maybe you put out an official list and whoever is tasked with server duties, let them decide the maps for the two players, that way no one has an advantage and there would be no way to get the upper hand. Just a suggestion?
    The idea of the challenge system is that the challenger is given the advantage, to maximize the chance of the lower playing jumping up some spots.... we don't want the ladder becoming too stagnant. I'm trying to give the challenger the advantage by giving them choice of server and mutators. But the maps will always be the same, to reduce the workload on the server admins, keep the playing field a little level, and ensuring the maps are a good size for 1v1.

My rigs My Games

I think it's a good idea to keep the maps the same. That way everyone will learn where all the weapons and powerups are and 'knowing the map' won't be much of a factor and it can be more of a contest of skill (as it should be).

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    Yeah, yeah, you just want Compressed because you know where the hidden power ups are and everyone else doesn't Personally I hate Compressed although not quite as much as I hate Serpentine
    lol. shhhhhhh i thought that was our secret len. u have become quite the trader. i got the beast working 2, so im ready to play whenever.

-dfi ultra infinity
    -2100+ Tbred @2300Mhz (230x10)
    -2x256mb Kingston(bh-5)
    -Hercules 9700PRO
    -SB Audigy2
    -2 7200rpm WD
    -Antec True Power 430W
    -Chieftec case with window
    -5 Sunon case fans
    -Windows XP Pro

3D Mark 2001

Quote Originally Posted by jonny roggles
    lol. shhhhhhh i thought that was our secret len. u have become quite the trader. i got the beast working 2, so im ready to play whenever.
    When did I promise to keep that a secret? It was probably more than 2 weeks ago because that the limit of my long term memory

I know what a challenge is, my idea was that nobody got a leg up, but hey your challenges, like I said just an idea.

I mean some people have no time on their hands and only play a little, others have nothing but time to memorize maps.
    Last edited by kamikazee; 05-03-2004 at 06:08 PM.

That's why we're dictating the maps

My rigs My Games

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    I'll be finalizing that damn map list tonight.... had hoped to get to it over the weekend, but we've been weltering in 80+ heat and with no AC, I really didn't feel like turning my space heater on

Coda..... admin rights? Oh, I don't even remember you sending me the password, let alone remember the password LOL

Kami, some of those maps even are too big.... I've been trying them all 1v1 with bots. I've got a short list which I just need to cut one or two more out of.

JR.... Compressed? hmmmm, we'll see

Mirage..... let's get the stats tracking on, though we won't be using it for tracking the ladder (at least for now).
    I never sent it to you. It was a verbal over TS. You know... talk and play at the same time... that thing you don't do too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda
    I never sent it to you. It was a verbal over TS. You know... talk and play at the same time... that thing you don't do too well.
    LOL... no wonder I don't remember. Would you be kind enough to PM it to me?

Incidentally, the map list is complete

My rigs My Games

The server is now running the official maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Coda
    The server is now running the official maps.
    nice one coda.... thanks

Incidentally, has anyone tried the broadcasting function? IAGD & I are looking to play prolly tomorrow night before W, or Friday. May be cool to see how it works if anyone wants to look in

My rigs My Games

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    That's why we're dictating the maps
    3 of the 5 maps are from UT2003 so everyone should know them already. The 2 new maps, Spirit and Idoma, are really easy to learn. I played botmatch for like 30 minutes last night and had no trouble learning where the key weapons and powerups were on those maps. Good maps btw.