Question I need help web designers

I was wondering what are some strengths and weaknesses about this web page when it comes to design: http://support.gfi.com/support.asp?pii=33

Thanks guys

Re: I need help web designers

Great layout!
    The menu timings are perfect, not too long a wait for the dropdowns and not too short either.

I'd suggest making the click here links under "Get Updates..." and "Submit a..." bold or a larger font size because the dark blue is almost the same as the black when the font is that size.

Overall the font size is a little too small on my screen (1280x1024) but I'm sure your target users should be about 800x600 or 1024x768 right?

Its an understandable format perfect for a support page,
    Last edited by AireWolve -=[MB; 05-19-2004 at 12:59 PM.

It looks good on 1024x768

It flows great, and looks very good.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by AireWolve -=[MB
    Great layout!
    The menu timings are perfect, not too long a wait for the dropdowns and not too short either.

I'd suggest making the click here links under "Get Updates..." and "Submit a..." bold or a larger font size because the dark blue is almost the same as the black when the font is that size.

Overall the font size is a little too small on my screen (1280x1024) but I'm sure your target users should be about 800x600 or 1024x768 right?

Its an understandable format perfect for a support page,
    AireWolve has some great points. The site has a nice look to it.

Things I'd change:
    1) The tagline "Security & Messaging Software" should be closer to the company name.

2) What are the flags for in the upper right? My first guess would be to change the language of the current page but I would be wrong. Clicking them brings me to the homepage which is in the language corresponding to the flag.

3) Having the menu on top and a different one on the side seems overwhelming. To many choices.

4) Links should be the same color and style. Some links on the page are bold and some aren't. Makes me unsure if what I think is a link is really a link. Remember, don't make the user think. I should know right away if it is a link or not.

5) Knowledge Base, how do I search it? I see a section on searching the Knowledge Base but I see know clear search box. You should have a basic search box with a link to a more advanced search or put a more defined link to the knowledge base like only having "Knowledge Base" as the link instead of the whole header.

6) Some wording could be better but I don't have time to come up with alternatives right now. If you want more help just let me know.

Overall I think it's alot better than alot of support pages I've seen. There's alot of information but not to cluttered.
    "Stealing music is like taking candy from a...large, fat rich person."

Turnwall.net :: some coherent ramblings

Digitaria Interactive