Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is my mobo defective?

my mobo doesnt read my ram correctly. i've tried 3 different sticks
    256mb(pc2700)kingston reads 229,376 kb
    512mb(pc2700)kingston reads 490,992 kb
    512mb(pc3200)corsair reads 490,992 kb
    Is my mobo defective? or my settings off? i've tried moving ram around different slots, changing mobo settings any recommendations? these sticks of ram work flawlessly in my other systems. my mobo is a shuttle MN31N.
    running my corsair memory i've got reboots while trying to accesss windows update and lots of ie 6 errors. i booted up several times with kingston ram and didnt have that problem but i still get inappropriate ram readings in win2k and during bootup check

Re: Is my mobo defective?

Sounds like it is just allocating memory to the onboard graphics. Not sure why you didn't get the "problem" at other times. Might wait for someone to come along to help you with your bios settings in your other post in the Shuttle forum.

Smile Re: Is my mobo defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Panadero
    Sounds like it is just allocating memory to the onboard graphics. Not sure why you didn't get the "problem" at other times. Might wait for someone to come along to help you with your bios settings in your other post in the Shuttle forum.
    ok that explains the 32 mb short(didnt think of that heh). i figured out the rest though. i had to update the bios and disable ram precharge(thanks to newegg comments this a big problem with this mobo). now my corsair memory works just fine