I just wanted to comment on the nice little review that PowerHungry did on the Taisol CGK760092 Copper Bottom HSF. I had ordered this HSF the other day and still had doubts in my mind about if this was the right choice or not. All doubt is gone now, and my Taisol should get here tomarrow morning. =) Ill tell you how i like it tomarrow afternoon when i slap it onto my 1ghz @ 1250mhz. =) Currently my idle temp is 52'c using my old Global Win FOP32. Readings seem to be much higher on this new MSI K7 Master which is probably caused by the fact that the thermal probe actually touches the bottom of the chip, instead of being embedded in the motherboard like most boards.

With my FOP32 modded with the 80mm Sunon fan i was getting 52'c (1ghz@1200mhz). Now with the Taisol CGK760092 im getting 41'c (1ghz@1200mhz). Damn this think kicks ass! Unfortunately it sounds like a hair dryer. IM gonna put on the other fan and see how much the temp raises.

This heatsink is so good it allowed me to put the quiter fan on it and keep a good CPU temp. No more screaming Delta for me. I could not do this with other heatsinks. I could be colder with the Delta but the peace and quiet is so nice. I'm still acceptably cool and quiet. Thanks to PowerHungry for turning me onto this heatsink. Good advise is always welcome.

How much of a temperature difference did you get between the Stock fan and the Delta?

I went from 39C to 44C on my A7V133 using the stock Taisol fan. Of course that board shows hotter than others. That's not with a fixed bios. I will go back to the fixed bios to bring it down even more. I can still live with 44C without the noise. I don't think it will die from heat before I do my next upgrade for sure. The CPU fan turns at around 4700 RPM. My MoBo temp is 26C.

Great Review! Eveything said is absolute truth!

I'm loving the Taisol with the fan adapter. I think more users that want to go to higher cfm lower noise route by using a 80/60 fan adapter will jump on the Taisol bandwagon. It cools as well as the others, and with the extra weight of the adapter and fan hanging out 2 inches above the heatsink, the Taisol 3 prong clip will sell itself. I would never mount this on a single prong heatsink as it would or could snap the plastic mount on the socket.

WxGuy

Like a hairdryer?

Yuck...my TaiSol should be in by the end of the week, and I got the same fan upgrade. I'll try it at first, but I have the feeling that I'm going to make the same decision and use the stock fan.

Any ideas on what I can do with the Screamer? Be creative.

Cool Anyone lap that Taisol?

When mine came first thing I noticed was that the copper insert was inlaid into the aluminum and a few thousandths below grade, making lapping appear to be a daunting task. I asked PH if he lapped his and he suggested trying first in stock form.

I love this HSF (mine has the Delta, but my ears are shot already so I don't mind the noise). Thing of it is I know that with the machine marks on the bottom gone I could do better, and living in the desert sure taxes any cooling setup.

Any ideas on smoothing these out? I am almost afraid to do much machining because of those pins (rivets?) protruding through the bottom. Don't want to make it fall apart or anything...

Adora

See sig, i use a dc converter and usually run it at 9 volts. i believe the delta 38 still puts more cfm's at 9v than any other 60mm at 12v (at least in my experiments). I also have the option of cranking it up to 12v if i need too.
    AMD64 4000+ San Diego
    Soltek K8Tpro 939
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    Koolance PC2-650BU with cpu and nb water blocks
    Blue LED Modded
    1gig corsair pc3200
    Windows XP Home SP2

Re: Adora

Originally posted by [OSF]MDK
    See sig, i use a dc converter and usually run it at 9 volts. i believe the delta 38 still puts more cfm's at 9v than any other 60mm at 12v (at least in my experiments). I also have the option of cranking it up to 12v if i need too.
    How on earth would I go about doing that? Pick up the part from 'Da Shack and ....?

Okay, that's as far as I got myself. :P

Sorry it took so long, Ive been away on a cruise . I bought a plug in dc converter that has a slider for different voltage outputs. My delta's fan wire runs out the back of the case and is connected to the power lead off the converter which is pluggd in to a power strip. very simple to do. if you wanted too, you could splice the fan's leads to a male adaptor and use that to plug into the converter female lead. The wires on my fan were just about the right diameter, so I just plugged the hot and ground right into the female connector on the converter line.
    Make sure you get an ac to dc converter (not ac to ac - they look alot alike) and make sure it supplies over 500mA DC.
    I like this too in that my delta's power is completely separated from the computer, so no chance of frying my chip from a power failure.
    Last edited by [OSF]MDK; 06-06-2001 at 12:46 AM.
    AMD64 4000+ San Diego
    Soltek K8Tpro 939
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    Koolance PC2-650BU with cpu and nb water blocks
    Blue LED Modded
    1gig corsair pc3200
    Windows XP Home SP2