Steps to building system?

After gathering all the required componets. What are the steps to building your system, including the installation of the drivers and what order they should be installed in. Is there something special that you need to do when installing a retail cpu?

-Adrian

Re: Steps to building system?

NO there isnt really a "special way"
    but hey ill tell you what i do :P
    Ill install the hard ware, keeping the pci cards as far from the agp slot as possible. Then i mod the case for airflo(ex-hide as many wires as i can and buy rounded thin cables) Then i install the OS, then ill defrag the drive. Then ill install the drivers for video card and etc. Then update. Then defrag again. Then install all games and programs. This works best for me. And DONT forget the defragmenting!!
    APOCOLIPSE - SilentFF
    Biostar T-force
    Venice @ 2.8
    250GB,7800gt
    2x1GB,tv tuner
    enermax psu
    watercooled

Alright thanks a lot.
    What I meant about the CPU, was if there is anything that I have to off of it or the heatsink?
    - Adrian

not really, just dont static it, make sure to put a real real thin layer of thermal paste between the core and the heatsink

Quote Originally Posted by Apocolipse
    Ill install the hard ware, keeping the pci cards as far from the agp slot as possible.
    I usually put my network card in the first or second PCI slot, as those are the bus mastering slots. Now, that may not be necessary, and it might be tru that all PCI slots these days are bus-mastering, but I don't know. If you're worried about heat from the vid card, that's a good thing to worry about, but I've never had a problem.

Just my two cents
    HEAT - eBay - Beerology
    Non-free email: jivemiguel AT charter DOT net

yeah, but NIC cards are usually smaller cards that won't interfere with the video card, its the bigger cards you have to worry about, like soundcards, raid, etc. that will block the video card fan and just repel the exhaust

I've got myself a 350 W Antec ps. This good enough for the components in sig? As well as future upgrades: perhaps a 9800 xx video card?

- Adrian