Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 161
  1. #31
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edmonds, Washington
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by poiuy223


    amd boys...let me ask you this...why the need for all these beta bioses?...why the need for a bios savior???...how many times have u had to rma ur board?...how many times have ur cpus overheated and u've seen black marks?...how many times have ur memory been incompatible with the chipset?
    never needed any extra things for my bios. never RMAed my board, NEVER overheated my CPU and seen black marks NEVER had a memory incompatible issue... NEXT

    **edit**
    extra technology?!?! for ur mobo to shut down when ur cpu gets to Xc haha ok man every mobo has that now a days
    Last edited by TheHeffNerr; 05-31-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    RIP AMDMB.com

  2. #32
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,517

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by poiuy223
    yeah im intel's b1tch...they pay me to bang ur ugly mom

    and guys...im not siding with any company...but as for the part that people say amd owns intel...thats semi true...the a64 does own...it owns freakin everything...but people are arguing that the axp mobiles, socket a cpus, are still killing p4s...that is not true...when u compare an overclocked axp at 2.6ghz with an p4 at 2.6ghz...obviously the axp will win...why?...that is the whole reason why amd created the speed ratings...if u compare an xp2600+ (that is rated to perform the same as a 2.6ghz cpu) with a 2.6ghz cpu, then you will see that they perform about the same...if u want to add in overclocking, the 2.6ghz p4 can reach over 3.2ghz while the xp2600+ reaches about 2.6-2.7ghz (max with air)...then that would be a fair comparison

    stock for stock or overclocked, intel will beat any axp...as for a64 thats another story...thats where the outrageously expensive p4ee comes to place...although it doesnt do much of a good job here...if ur building a good performance system today, then the a64 would be the way to go...but people still build with axp cpus...why?...because they're dirt cheap...and of course money is always an issue...if intel cpus and boards were the same price of an axp cpu and board combo...trust me...people wouldnt be saying so many good things about amd...

    i have both systems...so dont think that im taking any sides...but from much experience with running both kinds of systems in the past...i still prefer an intel system today (it may change depending on how s939 goes)...why?...because its more reliable...

    amd boys...let me ask you this...why the need for all these beta bioses?...why the need for a bios savior???...how many times have u had to rma ur board?...how many times have ur cpus overheated and u've seen black marks?...how many times have ur memory been incompatible with the chipset?

    intel boys have their downs too...they frown upon the SNDS (sudden northwood death syndrome...if no one knows)...but thats only when people pump too much voltage without adequate cooling...another one would be the poor scottie release...although that might improve later at higher speeds...and as for celerons?...who cares...thats a waste of money...but i've never had to rma an intel board cuz bios died...no memory incompatibilities...no cpu frying issues if cpu fan all of a sudden died...if the cpu fan failed to work...the cpu would heat up and then lag and then shut down on its own without letting itself fry...maybe the extra cost for that extra technology?

    if u want to compare prices...then here:

    amd system:
    mobile 2600+ $99
    dfi infinity $92
    sp97 $48
    = $239

    intel system:
    p4 2.4c $142
    is7-e $86
    sp94 $46
    = $274

    a difference of about $35...AND OH I FORGOT TO ADD THAT U NEED A BIOS SAVIOR FOR WHEN UR BIOS DIES...so i guess the price difference can even cut closer than $20...not much of a difference there now is there?...i only added sp94 cuz it would only seem fair...i can use a cheaper heatsink and still achieve a good overclock

    sorry i will have to disagree with some of what you say. First of all, the infinity is pretty much amd's socket a top of the line board. You picked a much lowlier intel board than top of the line intel. Second of all, I have never had a bios die on me ::knock on wood:: also add in the price of the memory needed by the p4 and there is an even greater price deficiency. I have stood up for you before, dont think I have anyhting against you but I am just saying what I beleive to be true. And I dont have any overheating problems. If my fan died, I have enough exhaust fans and psu exhaust fans for enough time to notice the temp and noise change and pull the plug saving my proc. hell Im pretty sure I can run stock speed at acceptable temps with out a cpu fan since I have a side fan blowing over it and exhaust fans pulling air over it. And amd folk can use a cheaper hs and still get a good oc too, slk947u is $19.99
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

  3. #33
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edmonds, Washington
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    i was wounding about his picks for intel also. sence i dont know anything. glad some one posted about that. allso what version of the p4 old one or the new one? not sure what core is what core :/
    RIP AMDMB.com

  4. #34
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    275

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Ok heres a fair comparison for why AMD are better value than Intel:

    Heres how we should comapre proccys:

    A64 FX / P4 EE (Extremely Expensive edition)

    A64 / P4C/ P4E

    Athlon XP/ Celery/ Duron

    Now do you see what we are getting at yo intel peoples....

    Ok so the Intels do whoop ass in encoding at any stage, but I bet you will get a better fps outta a 100 AMD cpu than outta a 100 Intel Celery!

    now go home and buy a Dell computer if you want Intel...

  5. #35
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,517

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    I have seen benchies of cammcnhe 4 which is a very cpu intensive game. A athlon xp 1600+ kick the living shit out of a 3Ghz overclocked celeron Celerons are absolutely disgusting
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

  6. #36
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by anothermomo
    hii guys

    i'm amd fan ok big fan

    all my friends are intel users and they really piss my off they always say what is amd and intel is much faster and alot of blah blah

    but i really get sooo pissed off if u know what i mean u will feal me

    ok i want t o answer them i want something strong to tell hem
    by the ways amd is not so famous in my country and intel really eating the market here but amd is gettin wider and wider and prove it's the best processing technology has ever made on the planet surface


    any way waiting for ur hot openions why u choosed amd :d

    thx guys
    I stand above these people.

    I would try to explain why I want AMD, if they do not understand I let them be in their wisdom.

    Sparks
    Asus R5E, Intel Core i7 5960X
    Cascade cooling (-94C @550W)
    G.Skill DDR4 3600C15@4266MHz cas12 Nvidia GTX730, Samsung 850 Evo/OCZ Vertex 4
    and Seasonic Platinum 1200Wi, Dell Ultrasharp U2711 and 20-50 more systems...



  7. #37
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf732
    sorry i will have to disagree with some of what you say. First of all, the infinity is pretty much amd's socket a top of the line board. You picked a much lowlier intel board than top of the line intel. Second of all, I have never had a bios die on me ::knock on wood:: also add in the price of the memory needed by the p4 and there is an even greater price deficiency. I have stood up for you before, dont think I have anyhting against you but I am just saying what I beleive to be true. And I dont have any overheating problems. If my fan died, I have enough exhaust fans and psu exhaust fans for enough time to notice the temp and noise change and pull the plug saving my proc. hell Im pretty sure I can run stock speed at acceptable temps with out a cpu fan since I have a side fan blowing over it and exhaust fans pulling air over it. And amd folk can use a cheaper hs and still get a good oc too, slk947u is $19.99
    well sabre i know what u mean...true that dfi is indeed the top of the line overclocking board for amd...i have one and now getting rid of it...it has got to be the worst motherboard as in terms of quality...wd hard drives not being recognized...issues with so many memory (ocz pc3500 bh5 to be particular)...the board lacks a lot...but the overclocking section for it does make up...just not for me...switching between beta bioses can kill ur board if not careful...just take a look at the polls in the dfi section where people were flashing to new betas and boards have died...if u'd like a top quality board and still save money...the asus p4p800 is still a top choice for intel users...its cheap and fast and overclocks great...the reason why i picked the is7-e is because its fast, overclocking friendly although not the very best...and still can enable PAT to match the canterwood bandwidth...and the memory issue?...both systems can use the same memory...intel systems do not need any more expensive memory than an amd system...which is why i still use my khx3200...and oh that heatsink...it can be used for a p4 too...so still a save as well...a pick for the cpu can also be the 2.4A (scottie core...not the northwood)...although it runs hot, it has been hitting 3.5ghz with decent cooling (meaning a zalman 7000 alcu)...with better cooling it can go higher...and that cpu only cost no more than $125

    the cpu overheating thing i added was to point out that if an amd cpu was run for more than 1 min without a fan on the heatsink...it would die...of course we can react faster than that and shut down our system before it does...but for those who dont know much about computers, and that makes up for more than 70% of the world, their cpus would die in a jiffy...but for those who do understand...yeah of course we can prevent that...but amd still has no safety...even if the board has a shutdown temp that u can set it to...

    and as for everyone else...i REALLY UNDERSTAND why you would choose an amd system...heck i would too...its dirt cheap and provides excellent performance...the extra money can go to something else...heck i would argue that amd would be better than an intel system...but only price-wise...

    what i have been trying to do is to get my point across those people who believe that an axp will beat out an intel cpu any day...thats not true...only a64 can...not an axp...that has been what i've been trying to say...if u dont understand it...then surely u have not seen the reviews and latest benchmarks and performances...axp can get close...but not beat it
    Last edited by poiuy223; 05-31-2004 at 06:45 PM.

  8. #38
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf732
    I have seen benchies of cammcnhe 4 which is a very cpu intensive game. A athlon xp 1600+ kick the living shit out of a 3Ghz overclocked celeron Celerons are absolutely disgusting
    celerys are pointless...they're for the consumers out there who know nothing about computers...

  9. #39
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,517

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by poiuy223
    well sabre i know what u mean...true that dfi is indeed the top of the line overclocking board for amd...i have one and now getting rid of it...it has got to be the worst motherboard as in terms of quality...wd hard drives not being recognized...issues with so many memory (ocz pc3500 bh5 to be particular)...the board lacks a lot...but the overclocking section for it does make up...just not for me...switching between beta bioses can kill ur board if not careful...just take a look at the polls in the dfi section where people were flashing to new betas and boards have died...if u'd like a top quality board and still save money...the asus p4p800 is still a top choice for intel users...its cheap and fast and overclocks great...the reason why i picked the is7-e is because its fast, overclocking friendly although not the very best...and still can enable PAT to match the canterwood bandwidth...and the memory issue?...both systems can use the same memory...intel systems do not need any more expensive memory than an amd system...which is why i still use my khx3200...and oh that heatsink...it can be used for a p4 too...so still a save as well...a pick for the cpu can also be the 2.4A (scottie core...not the northwood)...although it runs hot, it has been hitting 3.5ghz with decent cooling (meaning a zalman 7000 alcu)...with better cooling it can go higher...and that cpu only cost no more than $125

    the cpu overheating thing i added was to point out that if an amd cpu was run for more than 1 min without a fan on the heatsink...it would die...of course we can react faster than that and shut down our system before it does...but for those who dont know much about computers, and that makes up for more than 70% of the world, their cpus would die in a jiffy...but for those who do understand...yeah of course we can prevent that...but amd still has no safety...even if the board has a shutdown temp that u can set it to...

    and as for everyone else...i REALLY UNDERSTAND why you would choose an amd system...heck i would too...its dirt cheap and provides excellent performance...the extra money can go to something else...heck i would argue that amd would be better than an intel system...but only price-wise...

    what i have been trying to do is to get my point across those people who believe that an axp will beat out an intel cpu any day...thats not true...only a64 can...not an axp...that has been what i've been trying to say...if u dont understand it...then surely u have not seen the reviews and latest benchmarks and performances...axp can get close...but not beat it

    Oh I agree with you on a northwood beating an axp, read my previous posts in this thread. Yea I still havent tried an infinity, I have a KX18D now which is rock solid and a 230FSB+ board only thing it lacks are mounting holes
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

  10. #40
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,517

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    and yes, the 2.4c's are nice buys. Once they hit $100 I might think of getting one
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

  11. #41
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf732
    and yes, the 2.4c's are nice buys. Once they hit $100 I might think of getting one
    u wont be seeing the 2.4c at $100...they've stopped making them so the price will be staying around $140ish...cheapest...

    the new 3.0c q batch are nice ones to get now...they're hitting 4ghz+ with stock voltage...im thinking about getting a 2.4a scottie and try to hit 3.5ghz+...a nice little $120 cpu at that speed will own...

    and if u've ever played around with an intel...u'll know that many boards overclock well...just not a certain one like an infinity or nf7...so ur options about which board to get will be wide...and very time consuming while u do ur hwk...abit has memory divider issues (ic7 series)...asus has voltage issues...so it'll be tough deciding what to get...many people get the p4c800-e and do a volt mod and a droop mod to fix all the voltage issues...or go with the cheaper abit ai7 for those on a budget
    Last edited by poiuy223; 05-31-2004 at 08:18 PM.

  12. #42
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    197

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    hey guys lets say the truth here

    am not sooo prof about the archtict of processors ok

    BUT SOMEBODEY TELL ME WHY???!!!!

    amd proc with 150 fsb and 2100 mhz can beat and whooop a$$ 2.6 and may be 2.8

    tell me how

    300 fsb / 256 cash / 2.1 ghz can whooop 533 fsb/ 512 cash/ 2.6 ghz

    hey guys lets say it

    JUST AMD

    ok don talk about the prices couse if u wanna squeeze ur amd performance u need top brand mobo so it's the same coz u can put ur intel on any mobo

    amd system i mean top tech needs more money than intel....

    ok i'm 2.1 ghz and i challenge any one with 2.6 and 2.4 intel to beat my score in pc mark

    ok?????

    but with original cpu i mean 2.1 vs 2.6 oh god what esle should amd do

    2.1 whoooops 2.6
    hahhahaha

    really intel make my laugh

    peace out...
    AM2 amd64 3500+ @2400 mhz @ 1.4v
    MSI K9N NEO
    2* 512 DDR2 BUS 5333 DUAL CHANNEL
    gforce 7800GT 16x 256mb ..don need oc

    What Is Intel ? ? ? ?

  13. #43
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Ok lets settle this now. MHZ are over rated...yes they are OVER RATED!!!
    The reason that a 2.4ghz amd is like a 3.0 P4 is because AMD does 9 operations per clock cycle when Intel does 6. Thats the ONLY reason. Its like car engines. AMD would be the big block 355 doing 9 litres/mile when the intel is going just as fast but has to do 1/3 more work than the amd to keep up because its only a 6 cyclinder. Get it?
    Its not because AMD is the best out there, or because Intel pwns, its because AMD can cope with lower clock speeds because it does 9 per cycle as oppose to the higher clocked P4 that has to keep up with its 6 per cycle.
    APOCOLIPSE - SilentFF
    Biostar T-force
    Venice @ 2.8
    250GB,7800gt
    2x1GB,tv tuner
    enermax psu
    watercooled

  14. #44
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    197

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    ok man i know it's 9 and stuff

    then why not all ppl just use amd why there is intel on this planet tell me reasons
    AM2 amd64 3500+ @2400 mhz @ 1.4v
    MSI K9N NEO
    2* 512 DDR2 BUS 5333 DUAL CHANNEL
    gforce 7800GT 16x 256mb ..don need oc

    What Is Intel ? ? ? ?

  15. #45
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,472

    Re: $$ when ur intel friends piss u off $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolipse
    Ok lets settle this now. MHZ are over rated...yes they are OVER RATED!!!
    The reason that a 2.4ghz amd is like a 3.0 P4 is because AMD does 9 operations per clock cycle when Intel does 6. Thats the ONLY reason. Its like car engines. AMD would be the big block 355 doing 9 litres/mile when the intel is going just as fast but has to do 1/3 more work than the amd to keep up because its only a 6 cyclinder. Get it?
    Its not because AMD is the best out there, or because Intel pwns, its because AMD can cope with lower clock speeds because it does 9 per cycle as oppose to the higher clocked P4 that has to keep up with its 6 per cycle.
    yes thats right...because amd does do more work per cycle...hence the speed rating

    anothermomo...a 2.1ghz amd cpu is roughly an xp2600+...hence it would perform on par with a 2.6ghz cpu...but it wont be beating out a 2.8ghz...system performance is not just against an average dell as those suck pure ass...if u have a decent system of 2.6ghz stock on a decent board...it would perform on par...so yes clock for clock amd does own...but also remember that a barton 3200+ gets handed by the p4 3.2ghz...stock vs stock...

    there is a heated debate over another forum when comparing 2 systems...i can link u to it but there pages of posts and that would take a lot of ur time to read...its pitting a top amd axp system against a p4 2.4c:

    mobile 2600+ w/ infinity w/ khx3200 bh5 w/ 9800pro
    2.4c w/ p4p800 deluxe w/ khx3200 bh5 w/ 9800pro

    the 2.4c hits over 3.6ghz and gets about 24k in 3dmark...the owner of the amd system says that he can beat out the intel system and hit over 24k...he has yet to do so...the p4 is all aircooled...the amd system has voltage mods to the board AND the vid card AND has watercooling...but he has yet to prove that he can break 24k...and these guys know how to bench...so the problem is not there...its just that the amd guy would need over 260fsb and cpu at 3ghz in order to break it...thats not possible unless u have a prommie or extreme cooling...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •