View Poll Results: How many murder counts should the killer of a pregnant woman receive?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two, don't be ridiculous

22 68.75%
  • One.... Don't ask me how I came to that conclusion

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Appropiate Murder Charge

A friend and I had a conversation about what would be the appropiate number of charges for a murderer who killed an obviously pregnant woman. Should this person be charged with just a single count of first degree murder or with two counts? In today's world this situation gets kind of tricky. Personally, I say the person should be charged with two counts, but my friend says no.

Why or why not???? You decide!!!

BTW, I'm new here so take it easy

Re: Appropiate Murder Charge

before little one is born,is still part of his moma,thus 1 person/entity.after coming out becomes a separate (supposedly self maintained) entity
    so 1 charge

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

My Grandfather taught me to never discuss religion and politics, and since this is an area that delves into political technicalities of whether or not a fetus is a human being, (or within what timespan it would be) I shall not discuss it any further. ... ... .... ..

. but under the table my personal opinion is charge the Bastar* with two counts.......
    Heat

Driving a one stack Mack with a window in the back.

depends...1 charge if the unborn baby is not a "human" and 2 if the unborn baby is a "human" there is something that states when an unborn baby becomes human...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    before little one is born,is still part of his moma,thus 1 person/entity.after coming out becomes a separate (supposedly self maintained) entity
    so 1 charge
    You didn't learn anything about DNA from the OJ trial did you...the fetus has its own DNA, different from the mother's, so it is not just part of the mother.

This is just flamebait on the abortion issue...of all the different groups that chime in on this debate all the time, the one that is always absent is the medical profession because they know if they get dragged into it then the DNA issue will be be brought to light...then the debate will be over.

first one to vote one? damn... i dunno why this forum is so conservative... or am i seeing the rest of america from my NYC eyes?

n e way, the fact is.. he/she killed the woman... the baby stays alive for a while, and they can C section the baby out of the woman, and save the kid... the kid dies due to circumstance...

if u wanna do the 2 charge thing, manslaughter is the 2nd charge... but 1 murder charge...
    I like it when the red water comes out...

did we take in consideration age of fetus?..nope..2 week old dun mean squat...2 hours from birth yup...now modify that poll m8

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    did we take in consideration age of fetus?..nope..2 week old dun mean squat...2 hours from birth yup...now modify that poll m8
    In 2 weeks a woman wouldn't be "obviously" pregnant. So, I'll leave the poll the same. Checkm8!

lol...

of no board

this thread annoys me for 3 reasons:
    1. Your questions are bias
    2. Your results are public
    3. This is OT, not TLR
    This Signature has been depreciated by VBB 3.0. Thank you and good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Finalnight
    3. This is OT, not TLR
    The question is bias - I agree.
    It's now TLR.

Seems to be quite a hot topic for you only having 8 posts...

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Finalnight
    3. This is OT, not TLR
    1. Ofcourse my question is biased. But it never stops you from giving YOUR opinion.'
    2. Ofcourse my results are public. Are you afraid someone will know how you feel? Why?
    3. I'm new here. Plus, I'm not really looking for a debate, just wanted to ask that question. And since it's not computer related Off Topic seems like the perfect place for this question.
    4. Sorry I annoyed you. I know this is the internet and messageboard users are notorious for being easily aggitated.
    Last edited by 'K-; 06-02-2004 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namek
    Seems to be quite a hot topic for you only having 8 posts...
    Thanks for the welcome. It means a lot that a moderator would come in and make a smart a** remark about me only garnering 8 posts. In the future I will try to bring in more customers. Don't want to disappoint first day on the job...

Quote Originally Posted by sesik
    first one to vote one? damn... i dunno why this forum is so conservative... or am i seeing the rest of america from my NYC eyes?

n e way, the fact is.. he/she killed the woman... the baby stays alive for a while, and they can C section the baby out of the woman, and save the kid... the kid dies due to circumstance...

if u wanna do the 2 charge thing, manslaughter is the 2nd charge... but 1 murder charge...

I have not voted because I am mixed feeling on this. I am a conservative and I would agree with your statement.
    But it's kind of like this; say you killed a man with a key that locked up say 30,000 people. Now that you killed this man all 30,000 people also died because you kill the key holder. It was not your attention to kill 30,001 people it was only to kill 1 so itís a tough call. Manslaughter is like Murder but with less time and not sure if it just in this case.
    It really doesn't matter in this case due to the fact that the prosecutors only have speculation, no murder weapon, witnesses or hard evidence it looks like anyway and he will probably walk. It's a shame that people like this can get away with murder due to the lack of evidence.

I just thought of something that there is no real answer to this becuase every case in individial and no two are the same, so each case would have to be looked at to decided if this is considered 1 count or 2 counts of murder. I generic term yes this would be 2 counts of murder becuase 2 persons died.
    Last edited by Rado; 06-02-2004 at 01:15 PM.
    My system specs:
    AMD64
    3200+
    MSI K8T800 Model "K8T NEO-FSR"
    Mushkin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3500 Level One
    eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800GT Video Card
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA HDD
    Lite-On Black 16X DVD-ROM Drive
    SB Audigy2 ZS Sound Card
    Aspire X-Dreamer II Blue
    Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX Certified Speaker System

Quote Originally Posted by 'K-
    In 2 weeks a woman wouldn't be "obviously" pregnant. So, I'll leave the poll the same. Checkm8!

Well, there are women (lots of them too) that can be 9 months into pregnancy and still not "obviously" pregnant (there are cases in which the women themselves didn't know they were pregnant until time of birth basically)...

Anyway, didn't want to vote either way, since I think in general one murder charge is enough, but in case the fetus were also a target, e.g. the killer of the mother actually gains something and has planned killing the fetus... Then maybe....
    And yet I wonder: Why would it be necessary to have two murder charges? One is enough considering the sentence and I doubt any jury would consider the murder victim being pregnant an extenuating circumstance...