Thread: It's a monster

Threaded View

It's a monster

I had been planning this for quite sometime. I wanted a watercooling system that sat outside the PC and was capable of cooling more than 3 PCs with one pump. I first chose a reliable pump:
    Custom SeaLife Velocity Silent Aquarium Pump
    The worlds quietest and only titanium centrifugal pumps. Designed for all saltwater applications.

2 year no-fault warranty on manufacturer defects
    energy efficient
    ultra-quiet (less than 30 db)
    "Dry Run Cutout" with thermal switch for added safety
    leakproof design
    noryl housings and impeller
    titanium or stainless rotor and separating wall
    ceramic bearing ball carbon graphite bearing cap and EPDM O-ring
    Rated for temperatures to 140° F and line pressures to 50 psi
    1/15th horsepower, 140 Watts, 1.3 Amps
    Equipped with mounting bracket, and 18/3 SJTWA 6' power cord

The Velocity T4 Pressure Pump is rated at 1225 gph @ 3' or 240 gph @ 17' and comes with 1" hosebarb inlet/outlet.
    (Yes, it's expensive. I'm not suggesting this to anyone else, it's a baby to me...most all the kids are out of the house )]
    Next I chose 3 (for now as it's manifolded for more inlets and outlets) Black Ice Xtreme Radiators rated at 3134BTU per hour with Panaflo 120mm High Speed. Model FBA12G12H rated at:
    2500 RPM fan speed
    103.8 CFM air flow
    41.5 dBA noise level
    Power Consumption: 7.2W
    I used high pressure 1/2" braided high flex hose throughout and connected the PC's with a rather ingenious all plastic full close snap fittings to facilitate removal of PC from loop connected by 3/8" high pressure clear coiled air service hoses.

Some pics of it being constructed in my garage:

Last edited by UncleBob; 03-12-2005 at 01:30 PM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!