Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a monster

Re: It's a monster

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    I didn't, I saw the amount of power this both used and put out. It's designed for saltwater use and has an unlimited 2 year guarantee. Tell me more about them, please!
    IWAKI makes the best pumps for watercooling hands-down. Blueline is basically an IWAKI spin-off as the designer is apparently the same.

IWAKI pumps are descussed in this thread:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=325857

I'll bump it for you.

DrCR

The designer of the Iwaki's left that company and started up Blueline so the two pumps are virtually the same. Take a look at the Blueline line up.

Blueline pumps
    A64 3000+ (245x10 @ 1.55v)
    Stock Cooling
    Chaintech VNF3-250 (BIOS 7/29)
    PDP XBL (512mbx2)
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Fortron 530w PSU
    1xWD Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Jdizzle
    The designer of the Iwaki's left that company and started up Blueline so the two pumps are virtually the same. Take a look at the Blueline line up.

Blueline pumps
    Model: 100 HD
    Inlet/Outlet1" MPT 1" MPT
    Max head: 45ft.
    Max gpm @ 0 ft. head: 1900 gpm
    Watts: 390

That's not anywhere near close to my Sea Life. It uses 140 watts and is rated at 1225 GPM at 3 ft head. I don't have the head pressure unit conversions at home but I'll tell you, for GPM/watt? Sea Life seems to come out waaaaay ahead.

Am I missing something here?

I am an operator of pumps/compressors for a living. I do understand the concept pretty well, I believe, but if I'm way off base, I'm always open to learn!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Your pump only has 3ft of head? Flow rate is not what you should look at when buying a pump. Whats more important is head( ).

If you had a low restriction set up like maybe just your pump and a Maze 4 then you pump would outperform the 20 HD rated at 480 GPH and 13.5 feet of head. But you have a really restrictive set up so think of head as momentum. The Sea Life pumps 1900 GPH but that's with zero restriction.

You have a pump that does 1900 GPH with 3 feet of head, the 40 HD does 790 GPH with 21 feet of head. With a high restriction such as yours that extra "momentum" really does help especially towards the end of your set up. How much water do you think is still being moved at the end you loop with all that restriction? I doubt it does anything close to 1900 GPH.

I did a crappy job explaining this, I hope you understand it.
    A64 3000+ (245x10 @ 1.55v)
    Stock Cooling
    Chaintech VNF3-250 (BIOS 7/29)
    PDP XBL (512mbx2)
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Fortron 530w PSU
    1xWD Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Jdizzle
    Your pump only has 3ft of head? Flow rate is not what you should look at when buying a pump. Whats more important is head( ).

If you had a low restriction set up like maybe just your pump and a Maze 4 then you pump would outperform the 20 HD rated at 480 GPH and 13.5 feet of head. But you have a really restrictive set up so think of head as momentum. The Sea Life pumps 1900 GPH but that's with zero restriction.

You have a pump that does 1900 GPH with 3 feet of head, the 40 HD does 790 GPH with 21 feet of head. With a high restriction such as yours that extra "momentum" really does help especially towards the end of your set up. How much water do you think is still being moved at the end you loop with all that restriction? I doubt it does anything close to 1900 GPH.

I did a crappy job explaining this, I hope you understand it.
    You did a great job. I really find this fascinating.

In my experience? Delta P is the most important thing in moving fluids through pressurized system. I have a reservoir with a large vapor (air) space to allow for a low net suction head. The pump is able to push with a maximum of 0 to 60 PSIG at 3' of head at 1900 GPM. I actually have about 3' of heat at the most so, believe me, when I disconnect 1 PC of the 3 from the system? I HAVE to open the bypass. To gage flow, I can watch how fast bubbles move through the clear hoses as well, they zip at an incredible rate.

I move fluids and gasses for my job (Butane / Propane) and I would say have a pretty good understanding what it 'takes' to get flow going. Another thing I've come to understand her is if the flow is too fast less thermal transfer takes place. So, what I'd like to do eventually? I already have a twin probe digital thermometer and I want to get an electronic flow gage but I have to stop somewhere, right?? I try not to tell my wife how much this really has cost, just to say I'm not spending it on a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, jet ski.....etc.!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    I try not to tell my wife how much this really has cost, just to say I'm not spending it on a boat, motorcycle, snowmobile, jet ski.....etc.!
    they never understand do they?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

That's right. I keep trying to tell her: "Nobody ever got runover, leg broken, drown, killed in an avalanche or what have you by working on a computer ""

To her credit? She may be getting it, though We've been married 7 years now. We are both 'retreads' and my last birthday she went next door from her work to Best Buy and said: "My husband is a geek, what can I get him?"

She came home with a pretty cool new toy! It's a Toshiba SD-H400!

Spoiler!

great job ub ! pop some fluorescent liquid in there for the eye candy !!!
    lolz about bday gift :P

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

nice idea on that, is that one pump for all three rigs? if so its pretty powerful lol nice car in the driveway too

Quote Originally Posted by Havox
    nice idea on that, is that one pump for all three rigs? if so its pretty powerful lol nice car in the driveway too
    Yes and it has enough power for at least 2 more setups I'd recon.

2004 Touareg.....We love it!

Spoiler!

oh boy...are you crazy?
    this looks cool but, well, as i said: crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Fr4ggl3
    oh boy...are you crazy?
    this looks cool but, well, as i said: crazy
    Last edited by UncleBob; 03-12-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Spoiler!

just wondering, but those hoses you have connected are all spiraled. would that affect the flow? i would immagine so, well maybe your pump is powerful enough

Jdizzle: the pump he has is 240gpm @ 17' of head (in addition to 3' @ 1900)
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 06-08-2004 at 07:48 PM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD
    just wondering, but those hoses you have connected are all spiraled. would that affect the flow? i would immagine so, well maybe your pump is powerful enough

Jdizzle: the pump he has is 240gpm @ 17' of head (in addition to 3' @ 1900)
    Actually spirals provide very little restriction compared to elbows which are minimal at best. Again, the most important thing I considered is pressure differential produced by the pump. I have considered putting a filtered vent on the reservoir to increase flow if it proves necessary. It isn't indicated now, btw. This would provide a slightly larger pressure diff (delta P) because there would be no pressure at the discharge of the end of the line.

Spoiler!

Man how sweet it must be. You must either own half of WA. state or are with the CIA. I love to look at Bonus systems and setup's, yours is possibility the best I've seen. Hanford must be so glad you live in WA. Good pioneering Bob.
    Thanx Gang,
    Your Friend, "PapaRodent" esq.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
    - Jimi Hendrix -