Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It's a monster

Re: It's a monster

Awesome setup dude! I like the backyard too, Although I'll have something somewhat larger in mind in a few Years in the front yard. But that will wait, But I can plan though, Nice House? It's from Cavco, It's a 28'x52' Manufactured House that and with a few arces out here(2-35 or so) and some cement(Driveway and Sidewalks only) & pavement to the nearest paved road, Water well, DSL, Sat. TV(Dish Network), Electricity provided by 4-Windturbines(Co Generation) and a Photovoltaic system with Batteries and a regulator(Among other parts), Solar water heater, Geothermal heatpump(Heated air in Winter and Cold air in Summer), Plus of course a few Koi for the Pond.

It's not like I'm counting My chickens before they are hatched of course, It's just that I'm going to be well off financially due to an Inheritance that I'm in(Only Me now, My brother is included, But won't live long enough to see It, I wish He could too, desperately too), very soon in the near future, maybe 5-15 Years from now, Not that I want anything to happen at all(I'd rather have a live relative, than what's in a last will, But one can't live forever It seems). Oh well. Heck I'm depressed just thinking about It.

Nice place. Yes, waiting for an Inheritance would be difficult thing, although I can only imagine! Here's a link to my Pond Pages if you are interested.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Nice place. Yes, waiting for an Inheritance would be difficult thing, although I can only imagine! Here's a link to my Pond Pages if you are interested.
    Waiting is easy, As I'm in no hurry to lose a relative(Brother or Aunt). Nice pond, stream & bridges, Very nice, Yeah I like Koi better than Trout, But to each their own favorite.

It's all installed under my new workbench now and is cooling 6 PC quite nicely. Each radiator serves 2 PCs. The last pic shows temps in/out of one of the radiators to help monitor when the radiators need a good dusting.
    Average ondie temps is 40C. I have 3 AMD 64's, 1 AMD XP and 2 P-4's cooled with this setup....all overclocked and running SETI 24/7. Much quieter in here now.

Last edited by UncleBob; 10-26-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Damn everytime I see this I just drool. Amazing work.

-B

Well I just recently moved all 3 PCs(See Sig) into another bedroom(9'x9', includes 3'x6' closet), But then I rent a 2bd 1ba mobilehome, And I just finally put away a room full of boxes into the two bedroom closets, I've been here since July 2004. All are air cooled of course and this morning the outside temp was 46F, Inside the house It was still 66F(Down from 78F) and of course the Heater is due to be turned on in November on the 19th by SW Gas(Free).

you're a lucky lucky man bob...btw: used to live in kirkland, and have lotsa friends in bellingham

Quote Originally Posted by boardsportsrule
    you're a lucky lucky man bob...btw: used to live in kirkland, and have lotsa friends in bellingham
    Thanks! If you're ever up this way, stop in!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    It's all installed under my new workbench now and is cooling 6 PC quite nicely. Each radiator serves 2 PCs. The last pic shows temps in/out of one of the radiators to help monitor when the radiators need a good dusting.
    Average ondie temps is 40C. I have 3 AMD 64's, 1 AMD XP and 2 P-4's cooled with this setup....all overclocked and running SETI 24/7. Much quieter in here now.

That is amazing!!!!!!!!

myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

hey UB..... QUITE THE SETUP YOU HAVE THERE!

glad you are running seti with us!

i am on the other side of the continent, but if i ever find myself in that neck of the woods, i'd have to stop by for some trout fishing!

j/k

Absolutely, T! No Catch/No Release, of course!

Spoiler!

I've changed out my main rig today. I have a Chaintech (doh!) VNF4 ULTRA, 1 GB G.skill (Samsung TCCD) DDR PC-4400, XP Winchester 939 3400, Chaintech 6600 GT, WD 74 GB Raptor. For cooling I have Storm G4, Danger Den Brass top Maze 4 for the chipset and an older Maze 4 for the GPU. Just got it up and running before I left for work.

Spoiler!

Here are more pics. I used a 1/8" high density foam to keep from crushing the cores of the chipset and GPU:
    Here is the chipset:

Spoiler!

Here is the GPU:

Here is the G4 as well. It is a quality cooler, as you'd expect from LRWB.

Spoiler!

damn! you are officially crazy...hope i could do things like this in my old days...still 18 and dreaming woohooooo....