Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Review my system before I buy!

Thanks Panda, I'm still leaning toward my original plan for price, stability, and ease of setup. Has anyone else noticed such low RAM gains as Panda? I would think there would be an improvement, but for it to be that low is amazing. I also think i'm getting caught up in alot of "hype." What i mean is the only thing i need CPU power for is games, its not like i'm running Maya, Photoshop, and a DVD all at the same time here. And for games, I'm sure this CPU and RAM will do fine, especially if i pair it with a high end video card down the road.

...then again, OCing that mobile would be fun... Damnit! What to do!?!

I don't think OC'ing is a big option with value mobo's my MSI is a good board but 2000 is the best I can do with this 1700+ (1470 normal clock) but I had it stable at 2150 on my NF7-S. The Bios just doesn't have the options I need to go higher on the MSI Board. I don't think you'll be able to take advantage of the 2500 mobiles great clocking ability with the Biostar board.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

either way im going to get the Abit NFS-7, its only $20 more and has firewire, SATA/RAID if needed, and alot more support here if needed.

I think that is a good value. I love that board. The warden confiscated mine, but it's about 6 foot away. Hollar if you need help. Everyone does.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

I would get the mobile 2600 processor. You can get a iqyha0351 stepping and from excaliberpc.com which oc really well, if you change your mind about overclocking that is, and is a very good processor.