Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It turns out Fred Barnes is the real liar

I remember someone posting on here on the story where Moore interviewed Fred Barnes, he claimed that every school should be given the book “the Iliad” by Homer and Dante’s Inferno. Barnes told moore that these books should be in every school system because they were such an "easy read"

Moore gave Barnes a pop quiz, and apparently he didn't even know what the "Iliad" was.

Barnes claimed that moore lied about the incident and that it never happened. Well now their's proof that it did happen, and it proves Barnes is an idiot and a liar. I hope this gets out more, it'll really make him look like the moron that he is.

Apparently this interview was so good the conservative paper the Washington times printed it.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i...mweekly-67.gif

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i.../mweekly-1.jpg

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i.../mweekly-2.jpg

Barnes knew full well of it and didn't complain, many years later and all of a sudden it never happened.

Re: It turns out Fred Barnes is the real liar

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    I remember someone posting on here on the story where Moore interviewed Fred Barnes, he claimed that every school should be given the book “the Iliad” by Homer and Dante’s Inferno. Barnes told moore that these books should be in every school system because they were such an "easy read"

Moore gave Barnes a pop quiz, and apparently he didn't even know what the "Iliad" was.

Barnes claimed that moore lied about the incident and that it never happened. Well now their's proof that it did happen, and it proves Barnes is an idiot and a liar. I hope this gets out more, it'll really make him look like the moron that he is.

Apparently this interview was so good the conservative paper the Washington times printed it.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i...mweekly-67.gif

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i.../mweekly-1.jpg

http://www.michaelmoore.com/_media/i.../mweekly-2.jpg

Barnes knew full well of it and didn't complain, many years later and all of a sudden it never happened.
    \

umm... how is that proof that it happened?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...4/127ujhuf.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB
    \

umm... how is that proof that it happened?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...4/127ujhuf.asp

WACKO ATTACKO #2 – FRED BARNES FLUNKS – AGAIN!

Read Michael's response to a Fred Barnes wacko attacko column in the Weekly Standard.

On January 18, 1988, I published an interview with Fred Barnes in a publication which I edited at the time, called Moore’s Weekly. I interviewed Mr. Barnes about his comments on the January 2, 1988 edition of “The McLaughlin Report,” in which he expressed support for then Secretary of the Education William Bennett’s theory that high school curriculum should be dominated by courses in classic Greek and English literature.

I asked Fred to share his views about two well-known classics, “the Iliad” by Homer and Dante’s Inferno. Barnes reiterated to me that these books are “what everybody oughta learn. They’re easy to read.”

In the course of my interview, I decided to give him a pop quiz. As you can see, Fred didn’t do so well. (View Moore's Weekly page one and page two, and the full column on Barnes here.)

The conservative paper, The Washington Times, liked my interview with Mr. Barnes and the paper wrote about it in their January 22, 1988 “Inside the Beltway” column (you can see it here). The Washington Times is the kind of paper Fred Barnes probably reads before he gets out of bed in the morning.

Fred Barnes did not complain when I published the interview with him 16-years-ago. He did not complain when the Washington Times article appeared in 1988. It was not until April 2002, when Stupid White Men came out, which recounted the Mr. Barnes interview, that Fox’s Brit Hume reported, “Fred Barnes told me today that he never talked to Moore in his life, and that he has read both ‘The Odyssey’ and ‘The Iliad’ cover to cover in college.”

Now that that my movie Fahrenheit 9-11 is receiving significant attention, Mr. Barnes has seen fit to publicly deny the whole thing again, even though I last referenced the interview in a book published two years ago.

Now, the cynically-inclined might say that Mr. Barnes, who has steadily faded into obscurity as an editor of a small circulation weekly, is trying to take advantage of the moment. I prefer to give Mr. Barnes the benefit of the doubt and credit his belated complaint to a fading memory. We all forget things sometimes, Fred. No hard feelings here.

Michael Moore

His response proves nothing. Until Mr. Moore and his video cameras have more than just his word... i'm not going to buy into any of it considering Moore's horrible history of lies.

His response proves nothing. Until Mr. Moore and his video cameras have more than just his word... i'm not going to buy into any of it considering Moore's horrible history of lies.
    Look at the facts and ignore all biases, his story doesen't make sense it doesen't add up if you go by Barnes story. If you were to balance out each of those stories Moores definitely has a lot more credibility then Barnes. Moore has much proof on his side that corroborate his story. Barnes has nothing.. OF COURSE HE"S GOING TO DENY IT....You actuall think he wouldn't. If it did happen, he'd deny it , if it didn't he would deny it.

Look at the facts and ignore all biases, his story doesen't make sense it doesen't add up if you go by Barnes story. If you were to balance out each of those stories Moores definitely has a lot more credibility then Barnes. Moore has much proof on his side that corroborate his story. Barnes has nothing.. OF COURSE HE"S GOING TO DENY IT....You actuall think he wouldn't. If it did happen, he'd deny it , if it didn't he would deny it.
    I think its far more probable that "Moore is full of BS" since if you look at his track record, he is one of the biggest fabricators of "facts" i've ever seen.

So until you have real proof that Moore is not lying, i'll bid you adiu.

I think its far more probable that "Moore is full of BS" since if you look at his track record, he is one of the biggest fabricators of "facts" i've ever seen.

So until you have real proof that Moore is not lying, i'll bid you adiu.
    Biggest fabricator of facts??

Fox news , Sean Hannity , Rush Limbaugh , and Bill O'rielly all make Moore look like old honest Abe , compared to these bozos. They lie constantly threw out their shows, THEY ALL DO.

Biggest fabricator of facts??

Fox news , Sean Hannity , Rush Limbaugh , and Bill O'rielly all make Moore look like old honest Abe , compared to these bozos. They lie constantly threw out their shows, THEY ALL DO.
    I'm not talking about any of those guys, I'm talking about Michael Moore. Stop trying to change the subject in my no spin zone.

Michael Moore is full of sh*t. Its been proven dozens of times on dozens of websites as well as threads in this forum. Just accept it and move on with your life.

If you want to make a thread about the honesty of Fox, Hannity, Rush, and O"reilly... make a thread and provide facts instead of blanket accusations.

Thank you, Have a nice day.

I'm not talking about any of those guys, I'm talking about Michael Moore. Stop trying to change the subject in my no spin zone.

Michael Moore is full of sh*t. Its been proven dozens of times on dozens of websites as well as threads in this forum. Just accept it and move on with your life.

If you want to make a thread about the honesty of Fox, Hannity, Rush, and O"reilly... make a thread and provide facts instead of blanket accusations.

Thank you, Have a nice day.
    Oh what websites? wwww.mooreisreawllyfat.com?? All those sites are biased and most of the statements Moore contradicted on his website. What im saying is just about ALL political critics lie at least once in a while. Moore does not lie as much as believed.

You are biased against him because of his history, which you would believe whether or not it was true, how bout forget all that and look at the facts. Just because Moore has distorted facts doesen't mean he's lieing in this particular instant.

The facts clearly prove Moore was not lieing.

Oh what websites? wwww.mooreisreawllyfat.com?? All those sites are biased and most of the statements Moore contradicted on his website. What im saying is just about ALL political critics lie at least once in a while. Moore does not lie as much as believed.
    Go look at the Michael Moore thread and you'll see plenty of times he lied his fat a$$ off.

You are biased against him because of his history, which you would believe whether or not it was true, how bout forget all that and look at the facts. Just because Moore has distorted facts doesen't mean he's lieing in this particular instant.
    I'm biased against him because I watched bowling for columbine and it was NOT a documentary, just like his new movie IS NOT a documentary.

You have a lot to learn my 17 year old friend, and a lot of education in your future.

The facts clearly prove Moore was not lieing.
    You have presented ZERO facts. Moore writing an article on his website does not constitute as being a "fact".

Now return to your ignorance.

There's no proof, it's his word against Barnes's, Moore has less credibility, from my understanding the recent article was the ONLY article that Barnes was aware of, so if he didn't know about it back then, how could he deny it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody1
    There's no proof, it's his word against Barnes's, Moore has less credibility, from my understanding the recent article was the ONLY article that Barnes was aware of, so if he didn't know about it back then, how could he deny it?
    Barnes didn't know about what Moore had written in Stupid White Men, until someone went to review it and then asked Barnes if that was true. Which Barnes then said he didn't have that conversation which Moore claimed.

I can attest to the fact that Michael Moore's posting of Iraq soldiers letters is very well the consensus of those soldiers, and is not something fabricated to make people think that they don't want to be there or that they suddenly are smart enough to have minds of their own. While he certainly didn't fabricate that, it doesn't mean he doesn't embellish the truth just to get back into the light from time to time. Who knows. I just know I wouldn't lie to you on purpose. I could be misinformed by other people from time to time, but I'm not ignorant about what soldiers in Iraq were thinking and are thinking right this moment. I think they also think what many of us here are thinking about how Iraq is one of the bigger failures committed by a commander-in-chief.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    I can attest to the fact that Michael Moore's posting of Iraq soldiers letters is very well the consensus of those soldiers, and is not something fabricated to make people think that they don't want to be there or that they suddenly are smart enough to have minds of their own. While he certainly didn't fabricate that, it doesn't mean he doesn't embellish the truth just to get back into the light from time to time. Who knows. I just know I wouldn't lie to you on purpose. I could be misinformed by other people from time to time, but I'm not ignorant about what soldiers in Iraq were thinking and are thinking right this moment. I think they also think what many of us here are thinking about how Iraq is one of the bigger failures committed by a commander-in-chief.
    All of them??? BS.

As with ANY cross section you'll have a dissenting view, just so happens in the military you WILL have the MAJORITY willing and able to do what is asked and expected from the CIC.<period> Which BTW, was also supported by the House/Senate and vast majority a few months before the actual war started.

You NEVER served have you?

Moore, Barnes, Limbaugh, O'Reilly (and many others) - they all spin tales. They either fabricate things, bend the truth or out-and-out lie to support their own warped perspectives. Sometimes they do speak truth, but it's really hard to tell the difference. I'd rather take in as much info as possible on a subject - views from all sides - evaluate it and form my own opinion instead of accepting the word of people who earn a living trying to force feed us based on their own politically biased agendas. Why anyone would waste time defending these people is beyond me.