Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,589

    yet another Reagan thread [split from "This fourm is becoming troubling"]

    [By Vihsadas:
    I have purposely split these posts from the original "This forum is becoming troubling" thread due to the extended off-topic nature. This would be a good example of what I would call "ignoring the subject and arguing something else". I believe that this debate has been beaten to death in other threads, so it hardly needs to be repeated in other, unrelated threads. So here is yet another place you can argue about Reagan. Have fun...]



    I've read all the debates concerning why Reagan is supposedly one of the greatest presidents ever, it seems most of it is taken out of context, and even if his accomplishments were legitimate the crimes he committed and everything that negatively effected the outcome of things more then outweigh the positive.

    He dies and EVERYONE including those who probably didn't know him proclaim him to be the greatest president who has ever lived, if you were to talk to them 3 days previous about this man..."Reagan who?..., Ya he was alright" But people feel like a good patriot saying he was a great president and just more or less going along with the masses something people do when someone dies.

    Like I remember when this kid in my school died, the day before I remember their were these 3 kids who were not close to him at all and could not careless about him. When he died a day later and saw everyone crying and everything they took advantage of it talking about what great friends they were and how sad he was blah blah blah.

    Look at it objectively and balance both the good and the bad, the fact is Reagan should have been in jail. One of the reasons I started the Reagan sucks thread is because it was ok to talk about the good things but to portray him as the greatest president whoever lived, it seems that person actually means that or the more plausible explanation is uneducated about him or is just imitating everyone else , in an attempt to fit in.

    I know I only knew about Reagan for a day too, but I looked at both the good and the bad, from the posts I read and the information I obtained. Most of the good stuff about him just didn't add up for example someone said he successfully made the biggest tax decrease in history...but they left out like a year later he made the biggest tax INCREASE. But it had nothing to do with my political stance, I just hate it when people say things that are far from the truth and are only saying the just because of the context of the present situation (his death)
    Last edited by Vihsadas; 06-09-2004 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Title clarification

  2. #2
    Joined
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    998

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    I've read all the debates concerning why Reagan is supposedly one of the greatest presidents ever, it seems most of it is taken out of context, and even if his accomplishments were legitimate the crimes he committed and everything that negatively effected the outcome of things more then outweigh the positive.

    He dies and EVERYONE including those who probably didn't know him proclaim him to be the greatest president who has ever lived, if you were to talk to them 3 days previous about this man..."Reagan who?..., Ya he was alright" But people feel like a good patriot saying he was a great president and just more or less going along with the masses something people do when someone dies.

    Like I remember when this kid in my school died, the day before I remember their were these 3 kids who were not close to him at all and could not careless about him. When he died a day later and saw everyone crying and everything they took advantage of it talking about what great friends they were and how sad he was blah blah blah.

    Look at it objectively and balance both the good and the bad, the fact is Reagan should have been in jail. One of the reasons I started the Reagan sucks thread is because it was ok to talk about the good things but to portray him as the greatest president whoever lived, it seems that person actually means that or the more plausible explanation is uneducated about him or is just imitating everyone else , in an attempt to fit in.

    I know I only knew about Reagan for a day too, but I looked at both the good and the bad, from the posts I read and the information I obtained. Most of the good stuff about him just didn't add up for example someone said he successfully made the biggest tax decrease in history...but they left out like a year later he made the biggest tax INCREASE. But it had nothing to do with my political stance, I just hate it when people say things that are far from the truth and are only saying the just because of the context of the present situation (his death)
    Sometime it takes losing someone close to you to realize just how important they really were.
    "Ability may get you to the top, but only character will keep you there." -Uknown

    "It is easier to fight for ones principles then to live up to them." -Alfred Adler

    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." -Ronald Reagan

    "Freedom can be lost in a single generation...It is my prayer that our people always remember; freedom is never free." -General John A. Wickham, Jr.

    "Saddam didn't exacly support terrorists...he would give compensation to suicide bombers families in palestine.. The isreal government would often bulldoze there houses..hence he would be covering the damages..." - Computerwiz

  3. #3
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,589

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    bh
    Last edited by Computerwiz; 06-07-2004 at 09:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Bear Hair? bh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun



  5. #5
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kannapolis, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    bh? but yes i agree wiz, but i always took my grandfather for granted and i cried two days straight when he died, its always like that, get used to it cuz its not going away

  6. #6
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,589

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Quote Originally Posted by Havox
    bh? but yes i agree wiz, but i always took my grandfather for granted and i cried two days straight when he died, its always like that, get used to it cuz its not going away
    That's different, there are people who have no respect for someone....but when he dies it's a big deal. It's a false sense of sadness and just a way of getting attention and relating with other people.

  7. #7
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Compwiz, maybe if someone asked YOU about reagan 3 days prior to his death, you would have said "reagan who?" but I'm sure alot of the people who were talking about his accomplishments would have said those exact same things if you said what you said 3 days before he died..

    The fact that he had just died only added to thier grief.

    Admit it. You were trolling. You engineered that thread for the specific purpose of getting a reaction. You can no longer say that people pick on you because of your political associations... If people pick on you, it's because of who you are... NOT because of who you would vote for (if you were even old enough to vote).

    gg
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun



  8. #8
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    That's different, there are people who have no respect for someone....but when he dies it's a big deal. It's a false sense of sadness and just a way of getting attention and relating with other people.
    Who the hell are you to judge what someone else is feeling? Whether or not you believe thier grief is true or false is no excuse to basically flame the man who died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun



  9. #9
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Posts
    2,610

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    That is too goddam funny. Watch this...bold text is my own additions
    He dies and EVERYONE including those who probably didn't know him proclaim him to be the greatest president who has ever lived(or that he sucked), if you were to talk to them 3 days previous about this man..."Reagan who?..., Ya he was alright" - Computerwiz
    Like I remember when this kid in my school died, the day before I remember their were these 3 kids who were not close to him at all and could not careless about him(the way I felt about Reagan). When he died a day later and saw everyone crying and everything they took advantage of it(like I did with Reagan whom I know nothing of) talking about what great friends they were(or how much I learned about Reagan with only 2 Google searches and surfing this forum for 10 minutes) and how sad he was blah blah blah.
    Blah blah blah is right.
    One of the reasons I started the Reagan sucks thread is because it was ok to talk about the good things but to portray him as the greatest president whoever lived, it seems that person actually means that or the more plausible explanation is uneducated about him(even though my education started a mere 48-72 hours ago) or is just imitating everyone else , in an attempt to fit in.
    I wonder what your excuse is.
    I know I only knew about Reagan for a day too, but I looked at both the good and the bad, from the posts I read and the information I obtained(which shows in my shallow analysis of a very prominent leader of the US past and present).
    I just hate it when people say things that are far from the truth and are only saying the just because of the context of the present situation (his death)
    So I'm assuming you just hate yourself as well.

    Frankly I've stated in the past that I strongly disagreed with a number of poor decisions the Reagan administration made but I also can't deny the immense POSITIVE impacts it had on the world. To simply say with only a few hours notice that he just all around sucked demonstrates just how poorly you educate yourself. If you were to pass in your analysis to one of my professor's at college they would take it and use it for toilet paper it's so shitty already. Your US history sucks, your inexperience shows, and your attitude is terrible. And I don't even have to mention your age...it's a point made clear by your words.
    That's different, there are people who have no respect for someone....but when he dies it's a big deal. It's a false sense of sadness and just a way of getting attention and relating with other people.
    You just know it all don't you...being sad at death is all about getting attention. Edited by Vihsads
    Last edited by Vihsadas; 06-07-2004 at 10:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kannapolis, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    sorry to say but if you think its easy to be president of anything your way off, the president no matter democrat, republican or idiot is a respectable person, whether you knew him or not doesnt mean jack, you cry out of sympathy(mind you i have none so i dont care) but for those people that did cry it wasnt because they lost a great leader it was because the family lost a respectable man and that mans family along with his immediate family was good ol' america

  11. #11
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball 2
    That is too goddam funny. Watch this...bold text is my own additions
    haha
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I read out of his post..
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun



  12. #12
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,589

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    I was trying to settle things down and give a valid explanation to things without resorting to any insults or name calling. I talked to people who were president and analyzed their thoughts, I know more about him then probably people who lived through that time. (you really think half the people knew about any of that stuff in the "reagan sucks thread" as most people are apolitical anyway) I looked at both sides, and just didn't immediately assume he was such a great president and acted like he freaking changed my life.

    I didn't say EVERYONE didn't really admire him and feel sad I said, I knew for a fact some people didn't know or could careless about him.

    People say im immature yet Snowball here, is insulting me even after im trying to settle things and give a true explanation. Death can impact some people but other people use it to their advantage.

    I realize I shouldn't have bothered to reply as people are still going to act like assholes, im unsubscrbing to this thread and putting Snowball on ignore.

    Don't bother replying to this cause I wont be reading this see ya..

    (this is exacly what i mean about people PROVOKING ME...did I insult anyone?? NO , i gave an honest anecdote on something. Yet people insist into turning this into a flame war.


    And you call me a troll
    Last edited by Computerwiz; 06-07-2004 at 09:54 PM.

  13. #13
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kannapolis, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    lol manly man haha, someone comes along and states their opinion of your post and you run away with your tail between your legs,(that was wrong of me ) maybe you didnt say everyone but you should read through your posts before you press send message

  14. #14
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    He dies and EVERYONE including those who probably didn't know him proclaim him to be the greatest president who has ever lived
    Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    I didn't say EVERYONE
    Yes you did...

    And in the process of trying to settle everything down, you accuse people of having false grief...

    And then you claim you will not be reading any replies: Like someone saying "Computerwiz is anti-american.. and don't bother replying, because I won't be listening. :: plugs ears and hums ::"
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,,.-'`\/]|[\/`'-.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun



  15. #15
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,589

    Re: This Forum is becoming troubling

    Just clarifying one thing, I meant some people not everyone. If I insinuated in my post it was a mistake and didn't intend to.

    A select number of people, I didn't mean to say EVERYONE one.

    bye

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •