WOW, If FOX NEWS says it's GOOD it has to be 10 times better

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122680,00.html

http://www.iht.com/articles/521066.html

http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-fe...-cannes18.html

There's no doubt in mind that it's going to be a great movie, whether or not the views he proposes are going to be backed up with respectable material and legitamate assesments is the question. Whether or not he's going to use those same controversal tactics in "bowling for columbine" which caused an uproar for the "moore lies" group. It seems this movie is as fair as it can get, everything seems to be done respectablly , no distortions or cheap shots here.

So whether you call it proppaganda or not, it seems it's definitely a fair look at things. A movie that is worth viewing and taking seriously.

Re: WOW, If FOX NEWS says it's GOOD it has to be 10 times better

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122680,00.html

http://www.iht.com/articles/521066.html

http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-fe...-cannes18.html

There's no doubt in mind that it's going to be a great movie, whether or not the views he proposes are going to be backed up with respectable material and legitamate assesments is the question. Whether or not he's going to use those same controversal tactics in "bowling for columbine" which caused an uproar for the "moore lies" group. It seems this movie is as fair as it can get, everything seems to be done respectablly , no distortions or cheap shots here.

So whether you call it proppaganda or not, it seems it's definitely a fair look at things. A movie that is worth viewing and taking seriously.
    All you need to know about this film - from the standpoint of it's having "value" - is the focus on the "...intertwining history of the Bush and Bin Laden families..."

WHAT.EVER

Moore never makes a "point" as to what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but if you have 2 brain cells to rub together you can figure out the conspiracy theory that Moore is quietly stoking. And that is just retarded. File the "intertwining histories" under useless trivia, not support for conspiracy theories.

If the guy had ANY balls whatsoever he would at least put forth some kind of working theory as to what the "intertwining histories" means. Pretty damn weak to just offer up some trivial facts insinuating a relationship instead of coming straight out and saying it.

You know why ? Because he can dupe plenty of people into going "Hhhhhmmmm... that's very interesting. I wonder if... ?" But if he actually comes out and says what it is he wants you to think - that Bush KNEW about 9/11, that he was warned, and that he let it go so he could attack Iraq and steal their oil, instead of going "hhhmmmmm....", most rational people would respond with "Fvcking Whackjob". Which, not coincidentally, is exactly what he is.

EDIT: I'll add that one thing this movie will NOT be is "great". It will be technically very very well done, and it will contain enough inuendo, controversy, and tugs at the emotional heart-strings for 10 movies, all of which is enough to picque the interest of any thinking person. If what I read is true - that he is cool with people DLing it instead of paying good money for a propaganda film, maybe I'll do that and watch it. Although I guarantee I will stupider for having done so.
    Last edited by deadrody; 06-17-2004 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrody
    All you need to know about this film - from the standpoint of it's having "value" - is the focus on the "...intertwining history of the Bush and Bin Laden families..."

WHAT.EVER

Moore never makes a "point" as to what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but if you have 2 brain cells to rub together you can figure out the conspiracy theory that Moore is quietly stoking. And that is just retarded. File the "intertwining histories" under useless trivia, not support for conspiracy theories.

If the guy had ANY balls whatsoever he would at least put forth some kind of working theory as to what the "intertwining histories" means. Pretty damn weak to just offer up some trivial facts insinuating a relationship instead of coming straight out and saying it.

You know why ? Because he can dupe plenty of people into going "Hhhhhmmmm... that's very interesting. I wonder if... ?" But if he actually comes out and says what it is he wants you to think - that Bush KNEW about 9/11, that he was warned, and that he let it go so he could attack Iraq and steal their oil, instead of going "hhhmmmmm....", most rational people would respond with "Fvcking Whackjob". Which, not coincidentally, is exactly what he is.

EDIT: I'll add that one thing this movie will NOT be is "great". It will be technically very very well done, and it will contain enough inuendo, controversy, and tugs at the emotional heart-strings for 10 movies, all of which is enough to picque the interest of any thinking person. If what I read is true - that he is cool with people DLing it instead of paying good money for a propaganda film, maybe I'll do that and watch it. Although I guarantee I will stupider for having done so.
    Will truely see when the movie comes out.

Although I guarantee I will BE stupider for having done so.
    I agree with you 100% on everything you've said.. except when you talk about being stupider for having done so, you might not want to forget a word (just playin man)
    Excerts from 213 Things Skippy Cant Do

"47. I am not a citizen of Texas, and those other, forty-nine, lesser states."
    "164. There is no such thing as a were-virgin."

and my personal favorite

"197. I am not allowed to sing “Henry the VIII I am” until verse 68 ever again."

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterFaction
    I agree with you 100% on everything you've said.. except when you talk about being stupider for having done so, you might not want to forget a word (just playin man)
    Yeah, yeah. I noticed it, but not until after CWiz quoted me. At that point my blunder was digitally immortalized.

Grammar doesn't count anyhow. Instead of being stupider, now I'm the stupiderest.

Yeah, yeah. I noticed it, but not until after CWiz quoted me. At that point my blunder was digitally immortalized.

Grammar doesn't count anyhow. Instead of being stupider, now I'm the stupiderest.
    OMG! you made a grammatical error!!!!! Well in that case your whole argument is FLAWED!! LOLOL go back to kindergarden nub ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    OMG! you made a grammatical error!!!!! Well in that case your whole argument is FLAWED!! LOLOL go back to kindergarden nub ahaha
    case and point, nub is not a word.

and my personal favorite

"197. I am not allowed to sing “Henry the VIII I am” until verse 68 ever again."

These threads are pointless.

If someone's set against seeing anything by M.Moore, they're not gonna be convinced to see it by anything anyone says in an online forum.

However, if someone may or may not see it, they will most likely keep the "well maybe I'll see it" attitude, no matter what anyone says in an online forum. You're not gonna convince them to boycott it, and you're not gonna convince them that it's something they absolutely cannot miss.

If someone is totally set to see it, and can't wait for it to come out, nothing anyone says will convince them not to go see it.

These threads about M.Moore do nothing but invite flaming, bashing, and insinuating that people who don't agree with you are either brainwashed or gullible.

It's as simple as that, my friends. Let's give it a rest already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radun
    ,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,

not meaning to overgeneralize here, but the vast majority of arguments are that way. Admittedly, its very true of M.Moore, but I think most people a very aware that there is really no way to sway someones oppinion whose already made up their mind over the net (in under 1million words).

and my personal favorite

Yeah, most "arguements" are that way, but that's no excuse to encourage them by continuing to start threads that you already know what the outcome will be.

The title of this thread already supports my point. The title insinuates something, can you figure out what it is?
    ,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,,.-·'`\/]|[\/`'·-.,

nope, my intelligence failes me (plus im tired)

and my personal favorite