myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

sale of bulldozers by Caterpillar to I.D.F could violate Palestinians' human rights

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/439974.html

Caterpillar's actions "might involve complicity or acceptance on the part of your company to actual and potential violations of human rights, including the right to food," Ziegler wrote Caterpillar Chief Executive James Owens.

This the UN calls a human rights violation. I don't seem to remember the UN ever calling the suicide bomb a human rights violation.

Re: sale of bulldozers by Caterpillar to I.D.F could violate Palestinians' human rights

What's the UN gonna do? Seriously. It's one of the least effective organziations on the planet.

Re: sale of bulldozers by Caterpillar to I.D.F could violate Palestinians' human rights

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man
    What's the UN gonna do? Seriously. It's one of the least effective organziations on the planet.
    And don't forget most corrupt.

I hope he sent similar letters to the major car manufacturers chiding them for supplying vehicles used to carry out suicide bombings.

I wonder if the UN would feel the same way if those dozers came from a company in say, France or Germany?

And don't forget most corrupt.
    Only by the 5 permenant security counsil members... Its mainly corrupt because of us too I might add.. and something like this the US would back cause well the US backs Israel...

Heat: Videodrone Ebay: Vdrone

| XP 2500+ at 2.3Ghz (200*11.5) | 2x512MB Cosair XMS 3500 | Ati Radeon 9500 Pro | Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0 | 250GB WD JB |180GB WD BB | Ati TV Wonder VE |

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man
    My local girl scouts get more done on an international level than the UN. Come to think of it, so does my sisters local running team.

VD, may I call you VD?, that statement is ridiculous.

EDIT: Though I would just add: Warning Catipillar about HR violations seems to be the same kind of logic that blames gun manufacturers for murders, and McDonalds for fat people. In other words, typical ignorant .
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 06-17-2004 at 04:48 PM.