Question A7n8x-e Dlx Drive Image 2000

Recently installed this mobo. Made images without incident for backup purposes. Mistakenly cleared cmos when attempting to turn of Sata jumper. Realized mistake, reset cmos. Found could not use PowerQuest Drive Image any longer...first would hang on cdrom boot. I reset the Sata jumper (boots little slower but what the hey), Drive image would now initialize, but hang on splash screen. This is using both a bootable cd and from within windows Drive Image. Anybody experience similar?

Re: A7n8x-e Dlx Drive Image 2000

Copying to the Storage Forum for some more input.

Smile Re: A7n8x-e Dlx Drive Image 2000

Resolved. Updated bios from what the A7n8x-e deluxe shipped with (1009) to the newest 1011. Would have attempted sooner, but oddly could not reflash from boot floppy and finally found success with ALT-F2 method....go figure??
    Drive Image now works fine. Now to figure out why my DFI Infinity has the same problem.

This is a very common issue when running D.I. from CD. Running from floppies is much more reliable, or run from HD on a FAT partition.

Actually before I resolved this, oddly enough Drive Image would not run from floppy, Fat32 on HD or the CD. If fact a WinME boot disk would not run either, or a DR Dos disk. Fortunatly placing the new bios on a floppy and ALT-F2 method permitted a reflash.
    You wouldn't think a new motherboard with ship with such a problematic bios.