Resolved [resolved] Change the "System Builders" forum?

The way i saw this forum would maybe be to help the newbies out with what parts to pick, how to put together their system, but the way it is now is that its basically just an offshoot of the "Hot Deals, Trading post" forum. I think this forum could be a valuable resource for those looking for un-specific advice on system building, but only if it was made more prominent (i.e. became an independant forum rather than a sub-forum)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: Change the "System Builders" forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD
    The way i saw this forum would maybe be to help the newbies out with what parts to pick, how to put together their system, but the way it is now is that its basically just an offshoot of the "Hot Deals, Trading post" forum. I think this forum could be a valuable resource for those looking for un-specific advice on system building, but only if it was made more prominent (i.e. became an independant forum rather than a sub-forum)
    thanks for your suggestion.

as of right now...we are intending to add just one more forum (which has already been decided on). after that...we really want to hold off from adding more until we get some other issues sorted out.

we will certainly revisit this idea again once those issues are resolved.
    hmm...

Re: [revisit] Change the "System Builders" forum?

the systems builder forum was originally created so that members could post their systems/parts and get estimated prices/value for said parts. the description of the forum accurately describes the forums intentions but the title was misleading. the title has since been changed to more accurately represent what the forums purpose is.
    hmm...