Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Free Linux CDs from Novell

We appreciate your interest in the Linux Technical Resource Kit, offered by the Novell Customer Communities. We are not currently taking orders for the kit through this site. Future opportunities will be made public as soon as they are available.

not avialiable anymore

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

never mind- my problem was that I had a cd in my other drive

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammer
    never mind- my problem was that I had a cd in my other drive
    offer starting again for the general public on wednesday. i think thats right, i trashed my windows last night so lost the email but keep a look out.

Still waiting for mine from the first round...

I have gotten several emails saying that delayed and comming, but nothing YET!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollby_IRON
    Still waiting for mine from the first round...

I have gotten several emails saying that delayed and comming, but nothing YET!
    they sent me an email with a special address as i had missed the first time but registered. I'd get in touch if i were you. most ppl seem to have got theirs and I can't see Novell doing the offer again unless they didn't mean to honour it. I know they were hugely over-subscribed.

If and when i get mine i'll let u know. happy to copy and send to you if you want - i'll pay for the postage and discs, after all its the least I can do with all the help i've got here. - maybe some ppl who got theirs would be willing to send others copies.?

i don't mind and i don't think it would break any licence laws if you provide the discs yourself and pay for postage.

I filled out the online form and got an email response within an hour saying the package was on it's way and would arrive first class mail within 5 to 7 days. Very cool.
    Shuttle SN25P
    Samsung 955DF
    AMD Athlon 3200+
    1 Gig Corsair XMS Ram
    MSI GeForce 6600GT
    2 80 gig WD SATA Drives
    Suse 9.3 Pro/Windows XP Pro
    Mech13

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorX
    they sent me an email with a special address as i had missed the first time but registered. I'd get in touch if i were you. most ppl seem to have got theirs and I can't see Novell doing the offer again unless they didn't mean to honour it. I know they were hugely over-subscribed.

If and when i get mine i'll let u know. happy to copy and send to you if you want - i'll pay for the postage and discs, after all its the least I can do with all the help i've got here. - maybe some ppl who got theirs would be willing to send others copies.?

i don't mind and i don't think it would break any licence laws if you provide the discs yourself and pay for postage.

Thanks for the offer, but I emailed "Scott" at Novell and he replied that if I didn't get mine by Monday he will personnally send me one overnite.

Now I have to say that is AWSOME customer service, I emailed him and he replied with in an hour!

Thanks for the heads up - I missed this first time round, but just submitted an application. Says will ship in 7-10 days, but who knows how long to arrive in the UK. I got an immediate confirmation e-mail

I'm looking forward to trying out Suse 9.1 Pro

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider
    Thanks for the heads up - I missed this first time round, but just submitted an application. Says will ship in 7-10 days, but who knows how long to arrive in the UK. I got an immediate confirmation e-mail

Ned
    Not often that these offers extend outside the states, so fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorX
    Not often that these offers extend outside the states, so fingers crossed
    True. As we're both in the UK, if one of us actually gets to receive them perhaps we could copy for others. I'm pretty sure this doesn't infringe Suse's copyright as you're allowed to make copies for yourself and do multiple installed from one set of disks. I think it might be different if you were to publically host them for download though.

Ned

I got my package the other day. I have Suse 9.1 running on my laptop here. It's quite a nice complete distro. Almost impressive . I had a hard time making wireless and ethernet play nice together, other than that, it was a non-eventful install. I did not have a chance to play with any of the other disks except for the 9.1 Pro disc, and the install routine did not ask for any serial #'s.

If you haven't received yours yet, don't lose hope. I was one of the very first to take advantage of this offer and I just received my disk set today! I never sent one email to Novell, but just waited. It did arrive!

Mandrake/Gentoo Machine - ECS 755-A2 | AMD 64 3000+ at 10x201 | modded 12/28/03 Bios | Thermalright SLK948U + Tornado fan| 512 Buffalo PC3700 + 512 Buffalo PC3200 | 2xIBM 20g 75 GXP | Gainward 440MX | SB Live! | Koss speakers | Artec 16x DVD | Lian Li PC60 case | Allied 500 PS | Nec LCD1760D FP | Mandrake 10 64 Bit rc1 / Gentoo 2004 for AMD64 / WinXP 64-Bit / WinXP Pro

My machines My Website
    Lou_The_Blue_Guru - For those working with computers that havenít figured this out yet: "Everything is related with every other thing ... " -- The Jaina Philosophy of Non-Absolutism

Ned
    Anyone received these yet who ordered the second time round. Been nearly a month for me and I'm still patiently waiting

Ned

Anyone received these yet who ordered the second time round. Been nearly a month for me and I'm still patiently waiting

Ned
    I found this thread a little too late for the first go round.

But left an e-mail address in case they offered it again, and then was sent an e-mail with a link.
    But the link was a no-go, so I e-mailed them and received a new link.
    (Approx. same time as the second offering here was noted) And signed up.

Received 3 DVD's in a nice little package, beginning of this week.

They say evaluation software, but they are here.
    Have not had time to play with them yet.
    But they still must be shipping them out.
    ................. Heat .....................

24/7 speeds
    w/c - * GA-EP45-UD3P - Q9650 - 3737 - 9x415 * ...cpu-z... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2925 - 9x325 * ... cpu-z ... w/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 170 - 2826 - 9x314 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTX260
    w/c - * A8N32-SLI-Dlx - Opty 165 - 2250 - 9x250 * ... cpu-z ... a/c - GTS250