Thread: HSF suggestions

just bought a 1gig birdie, what hsf is good, primarly concerned about noise.

are the chrome/gold orbs a good choice, or are they still prone to crackin the core? otherwise i was thinkin about a FOP 32..

lmk

thanks

Cool hsf

Hey there the FOP-32 is past its prime. Try the new WBK-38 or even better the CAK-38 all by GlobalWin company. Everyone in the forum is raving about the Taisol heatsink with the copperbottom running the Delta
    60mm (38cfm) fan. Check those out.

If you are concerned about noise, get the Taisol CGK760092 copper bottom with either the stock fan or the next step up. I can hear my delta fan in the other room with the door closed. Its loud!
    The FOP32 is garbage. I used one for a while and when i installed this Taisol, my temps dropped over 10c. The orbs look cool, but dont cool worth crap, plus the super orb is kinda loud for its performance. Now what they need to build is an orb that is completely copper. =) That would be cool.

Wink

Stay clear of the Orb's. If you are concerned about dBa level, don't use the Delta 38. You have to step down to a Y/S 26cfm to have a setup that will not drive you nuts with a whine. You could also look at a fan adapter from http://www.cpufx.com to reduce the whine more. Mount a 80mm, 92mm, or 120mm to the adapter. Look for a copper unit with a fan mount that screws the fan on to the sink. Avoid a unit that has a clip on fan mount if you go the adapter mount way.

Pat
    Asus A7V133 133GHz 266 T-Bird 10.0x133 KingMax PC-150 Ram SwifTech 462-A CPU Cooler Enermax 430w P/S Hercules GTS Pro SB MP3 5.1+ Plextor Burner Pioneer DVD BA 7500 Sound

Grandpa's Need For Speed