Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Re: Asus K8N-E DELUXE IN-STOCK at ZipZoomFly

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisNG
    Right

I've flashed back to bios 1001 from the motherboard cd. Straight away the Raid srevice problem stopped, so it's definatly a problem with that 1003 bios.

I made perfectly sure that the settings were identical in both bioses.

One thing I did notice (I think) was that with the 1001 - the nVidia raid version on the post screen was 4.47, but with the newer 1003 bios the nVidia raid version was 4.43. I'm sure thats what it said.

So it could just be that causing problems with the raid service in windows with the new version. The rest of the bios may be better or more stable. I'm just used to seeing the Raid service error when I had overclocked too far - maybe this is just because an incompatable raid bios version??

Nick
    Just disassembled the 1001, 1002 and 1003 beta 3 BIOS versions. The nvRAID firmware is v4.47 in the 1001 and 1002 BIOS, while it is v4.53 in the 1003 beta 3 BIOS. So it's actually a later release, but that doesn't mean it isn't incompatible. Perhaps new drivers are needed?
    Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems, though.

By the way, don't know about all of you guys, but wouldn't it make sense to rename this thread and move it to the ASUS mobo section? Seems to me we are way beyond discussing the availability of this mobo at ZipZoomFly...
    ''Trying is the first step towards failure.'' - Homer Simpson

Right, thanks for that info. I just remembered seeing a '3' at the end and thought it was 4.43.

I've now used this modded version of the 1002 bios and flashed to that. Seems again the same as the other 2. I got the raid service error on entering desktop with it - the same as the 1003.

Now on the second boot I've not had the raid error, so am just about to try again. I'll then have a go at overclocking again with the 1002 bios if all seems well.

I've also got my new Corsair PC4400 next to me - so can try that in a min too.

Nick

Yup, I am running a Newcastle here. Just heading into my 2nd day. No problems since the very first boot. Still on the 1001 bios. Man, I was googling "K8N" the day the K8V was announced, so like some in this thread I've been waiting with aniticipation! I am interested in overclocking, but not at the moment (just enjoying the zero issues and speed bump over me old. old. rig), and would be glad to hit a 50-100MHz o/c when the time comes (with either thermalright slk948u or xp-120). Terribly minor quibble: had to force 100baset on the network (auto negotiating was the default, and in my experience can choose the wrong thing). I agree internal firewire could be in a better location. Posted a msg to the ASUS helpdesk thinking it was the board (no sound from green plug on board), realized I needed to re-apply the two jumpers, Asus responded in about 4 hours (and with the correct solution listed as the first to try). Incidientally, in my efforts to fix my own dunderhead sound problem, I loaded (and am still runing) these AC97 drivers direct from RealTek (they show a higher version than the 3.58 and 3.59s on the Asus site: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

here's a "user review" from someone ultimately only interested in the o/c potential:
    http://www.ocworkbase.com/reviews/13...view_trans_am/

here's one person's experience with the K8N-E over the MSI Neo Platnium (sic)
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=55226&sid=

pleased and satisfied so far,
    dawurz
    AMD 3400+ Newcastle
    Asus K8N-E / Corsair 1GB 3200XL 2-2-2-5
    WD SATA 250GB / Plextor 24/10/40a
    Antec Sonata / True 550
    ATI 9800xt

Running the k8n-e asus fine here too. Just assembled it last night and all is stable. I have yet to do anything but leave it on for 12 hrs heh. I dont have time to OC, and dont know how to OC this mobo yet either. But seteup was a brieze I love all the features of this board.

Installed my BFG 6800GT today and ran 3DMark2001SE to just get an idea of where I was at. I got 23,683 with a 5% overclock. I haven't done any tweaking in the BIOS yet and only have used the preset overclocking option. I know this benchmark isn't the best but I'm going to play with the overclocking and try some more benchmarks this weekend.

Re: Post Asus K8N-E DELUXE Comments\Results Here

Don't know if anyone is interested, but 1003 beta 4 is up on ASUS' FTP sites (ftp.asus.com and ftp.asus.com.tw). For those not in the know, the latter one should be your first stop when searching for updates. Used to be the German FTP site, but that changed a while ago.

running my 3000+ 2gh@2.3 230 fsb no probs. cl 2.5. Default voltage
    Last edited by aagiants; 07-26-2004 at 12:16 AM.

I found a review for this Motherboard but have no idea how good this site is. I guess its better than nothing.

CLICK HERE

Has anyone flashed the firmware to 1.02 yet? I assume they have fixed the problem with it not working by now.

Looks like they've sorted the file out. Just downlaoded it again and it's the right size.

I'm currently using th 1003 beta one, working just fine, so I'll stick with this one till the next official one is released.

Nick

Im having problems with nvidia raid0 setup.Ive made the floopy and did the f6 bla bla bla...but when it gets to creating a partition it still shows 2 hardrives not a combined raid array

Still using the 1001 bios..havnt had a chance to mess with it much

Can solve that one for you mate....

When you press F6 you get two items to load

Nvidia raid class controller
    nvidia storage class controller

You need to load both, not just the raid one. So press s to load a driver and choose the first one, then press s again to select and load the second one.

thsen in the partition screen it will show up as 1 single drive.

Took me ages to sort that one out.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisNG
    Can solve that one for you mate....

When you press F6 you get two items to load

Nvidia raid class controller
    nvidia storage class controller

You need to load both, not just the raid one. So press s to load a driver and choose the first one, then press s again to select and load the second one.

thsen in the partition screen it will show up as 1 single drive.

Took me ages to sort that one out.

Nick

Thanks ... I needed some good news I'll give it a shot tommorrow

I'm using the 1001 bios with a Raid 0 with now problems with my 74 Gig Raptors. Make sure you read the readme file and review the manual towards the back to make sure the Bios is set up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by OneCool
    Im having problems with nvidia raid0 setup.Ive made the floopy and did the f6 bla bla bla...but when it gets to creating a partition it still shows 2 hardrives not a combined raid array

Still using the 1001 bios..havnt had a chance to mess with it much

Just to let you know that the 1003 beta 5 BIOS is up on the ASUS FTP site. As usual I haven't got a clue as to what was fixed...